Sponsored by:

Yet another limp mode but why

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 C63S Ocean Blue
Yet another limp mode but why

I recently bought a 2018 C63S and was amazed at the stock power. Since I always have to mod everything I added a tune for even more power. I had a couple of quirks but was not sure if it was the tune or not. I had not driven the car with stock power much so I decided to load the original tune so I could get more familiar with the stock package.

I immediately noticed a power drop not only from delivery but also from the hp "GAUGE" after reinstalling the stock tune. Soooo I decided to load the modified tune and it too was down on power which leads me to believe I am now in that lovely limp mode.

Can anyone tell me why this possibly happened? Could the voltage have dropped while reinstalling the stock tune and not give any indication on the dash that a low voltage condition occurred? I know that my F Type was VERY sensitive to low voltage. Is this car the same? If not low voltage then what could have caused this limp mode?

Can this limp mode be reset only by Xentry? Do Indys have this equipment? I have a bad taste in my mouth for stealerships and would use them as last resort.

So here is a recap: Car was great when I took delivery. I added a tune and it seemed to add power. I reloaded stock tune and power dropped. I reloaded modded tune and I am still down on power.
Old Today, 05:12 AM
SPONSOR

Received 849 Likes on 658 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by roost5o
I recently bought a 2018 C63S and was amazed at the stock power. Since I always have to mod everything I added a tune for even more power. I had a couple of quirks but was not sure if it was the tune or not. I had not driven the car with stock power much so I decided to load the original tune so I could get more familiar with the stock package.

I immediately noticed a power drop not only from delivery but also from the hp "GAUGE" after reinstalling the stock tune. Soooo I decided to load the modified tune and it too was down on power which leads me to believe I am now in that lovely limp mode.

Can anyone tell me why this possibly happened? Could the voltage have dropped while reinstalling the stock tune and not give any indication on the dash that a low voltage condition occurred? I know that my F Type was VERY sensitive to low voltage. Is this car the same? If not low voltage then what could have caused this limp mode?

Can this limp mode be reset only by Xentry? Do Indys have this equipment? I have a bad taste in my mouth for stealerships and would use them as last resort.

So here is a recap: Car was great when I took delivery. I added a tune and it seemed to add power. I reloaded stock tune and power dropped. I reloaded modded tune and I am still down on power.

You can get the dealer at home with us

you can reset limp with a 40min battery off likely
with our system also and also find your problem