W222 s400d Torque

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 W222 S400d
W222 s400d Torque

Hi There!

İ've got a 2017 w222 s400d and i'm seriously curious about The Torque meter on the dashboard. Sometimes it doesnt hit 700Nm. Lack of performance and turbo cut-off was felt. For this reason, the torque that should be 700Nm at full throttle was sometimes dropping to 350Nm. When the service test was performed, we saw that the exhaust pressure sensor and turbo pressure sensor in my vehicle were broken. The pressure meter was old and did not work. Therefore, I thought that it could not reach maximum torque and replaced it with a new one. Now what I am wondering is: does the maximum torque of 700Nm always appear when full throttle is pressed in this vehicle? Or does this car run with low torque under certain conditions? Does anyone have any experience or ideas on this subject because after the replacement of the sensors, it sometimes still dont hit 700Nm.

Many Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MertErbahar; Today at 04:03 AM.
Old Today, 04:22 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
W213 All-terrain
Like on any MB, the steering wheel position and the Yaw acceleration sensor has always priority over full throttle.
There is also the "predictive" program that need to be "trained" a little bit if previous driving style was reasonable.

Full throttle will be available only with steering wheel in straight position and if car is relatively horizontal, no bouncing state.

Also the tires quality can decrease the torque if the ESP consider that the acceleration is not in graph with the speed - slippage tendency.
The following users liked this post:
MertErbahar (Today)
Old Today, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 W222 S400d
Many thanks. That helps a lot!
The following users liked this post:
trigital (Today)