GLA Class (H247) Produced 2021 to Present

GLA Driver Assistance- Does it work well?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2024, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA Driver Assistance- Does it work well?

I am new to this forum considering my first Merc (GLA) and wondering how well the GLA (2024 facelift) performs. I have other German cars some of which do better than others. I heard that the EQE does fantastic, but also some models perform poorly on lane centering. Does the GLA ping pong at all with lane keep assist on? Overall if you have a GLA with this feature and have other cars you may have compared it to I would appreciate it. . Does the system alert you when it no longer sees the lines with an audible alert?
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 A250 4Matic
Don't know as mine is too old to have LKA but given how smoothly the cruise control operates the prospect is good. A CAUTION: I looked at the order guide and for some reason the Advanced Driving Assistance option (in Canada at least) is shown as "Delayed". My nephew is ordering one and at his insistence the dealer found the only GLA for 300 MI with the option.

In previous years the option was readily available
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 367 Likes on 304 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
You need to understand that no car has yet been built that's entirely self driving. You still need to pay attention even if you have driving assistants.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that. Some systems hover work better than others. On the GLA I drove (Used) it had that feature and did not perform great (Fair). Stopping on ACC was abrupt and not smooth. The lane assist did not work well iff the cruise was not on. In the C class, this system seemed much better. Likely with later generation cars the systems and cameras keep improving. I heard the EQE has level 3 autonomy in CA and NV only.