Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

AMG Carbon Ceramic Brakes Complete Set

For Sale

Brakes

09-09-2024, 07:42 PM | Replies: 14 | Views: 616
  • Brakes - AMG Carbon Ceramic Brakes Complete Set - Used - 2016 to 2025 Mercedes-Benz All Models - Westlake Village, CA 91362, United States
    Sold
  • Brakes - AMG Carbon Ceramic Brakes Complete Set - Used - 2016 to 2025 Mercedes-Benz All Models - Westlake Village, CA 91362, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold

• Price
    $9,999
    • OBO
  • Location Westlake Village, CA, 91362, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Mercedes-Benz Any Model 2016 - 2025
Description:

Selling a complete set of Carbon Ceramic Brakes in great condition. Priced to sell these go for much more even used. 

Taken off a 2020 E63 AMG with roughly 28k miles. Rotors are very clean, pads also have quite a bit of life on them. 

Double check please but these will fit the following:

18-23 E63
16-20 C190 AMG GT
18-present X290 GT63

Might fit a few others but please verify. 

GLC63 and C63 will fit as well but needs a wheel spacer in rear. This conversion has been done before and documented. 

Priced at $9999 OBO shipped via UPS to 48 states. Add shipping for anywhere else. Send a PM for more details. 

Judson

Old 09-10-2024 | 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Do you have the weights in grams of each rotor as well as the thickness?
Old 09-10-2024 | 02:22 PM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by wildta
Do you have the weights in grams of each rotor as well as the thickness?
I have the weight in gigatonnes only. Let me know if that works.
Old 09-10-2024 | 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by Judson145
I have the weight in gigatonnes only. Let me know if that works.
Sorry I said rotor but I meant disc. The weight just gives me an idea of how much meat is left since mileage doesn't say anything because it's too variable with each driving style.

Can you please also provide the part numbers?
Old 09-14-2024 | 07:59 PM

C63S Coupe
Weighing requires you to remove the hat off the rotor. It’s a lot of work. There are wear spots on each rotor which I’m sure you know of that help understand the state of the rotor. Those are all in tact. Either way however, I don’t want to take them apart.
Old 09-14-2024 | 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Weighing requires you to remove the hat off the rotor. It’s a lot of work. There are wear spots on each rotor which I’m sure you know of that help understand the state of the rotor. Those are all in tact. Either way however, I don’t want to take them apart.
That makes sense and would be work intensive. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 09-14-2024 | 10:51 PM

'91 964 Turbo, '02 E55's & '14 E63s-w
Weighing requires you to remove the hat off the rotor. .
Where did you learn that? I bought mine few years ago and when I weighed them, the weight was within specs what it read on the rotors and not any heavier.

Last edited by Faast; 09-14-2024 at 10:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wildta (09-15-2024)
Old 09-15-2024 | 12:44 PM

Since your rotors are off the vehicle, thoroughly cleaning them and accurately weighing them is valid. The weight limit is imprinted on the rotor hat and is for the complete assembly, including the hat.

The best and, in my opinion only, other way to measure the CCB rotor "wear" (chemical degradation from heat) is to use the Carboteq tool. I wrote the attached paper to explain why I think this is so.
Attached Files
wildta (09-15-2024)
Old 09-15-2024 | 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by user33
Since your rotors are off the vehicle, thoroughly cleaning them and accurately weighing them is valid. The weight limit is imprinted on the rotor hat and is for the complete assembly, including the hat.

The best and, in my opinion only, other way to measure the CCB rotor "wear" (chemical degradation from heat) is to use the Carboteq tool. I wrote the attached paper to explain why I think this is so.
That pdf was very insightful. Thanks. Just posting the video linked in that pdf too:
Old 09-16-2024 | 12:10 AM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Faast
Where did you learn that? I bought mine few years ago and when I weighed them, the weight was within specs what it read on the rotors and not any heavier.
learned it somewhere possibly not related the AMG. But I will weigh them and post. Reading this makes me happy because I can easily post what they are and hopefully get a buyer.
Old 09-16-2024 | 12:50 PM

Alternatively (and, better yet), see if a local dealer has the Carboteq tool and get them measured.

Audi specifies that their dealers must use it for evaluating CCBs, but I don't know whether they conform. The more recent (5+ years, at least) German cars are using the (Brembo, I think) marked CCB rotors that can be evaluated using the (very expensive) Carboteq tool.

For reference, I've done 16 track days with my GTR Pro, nearly all of them on short tracks that are very hard on brakes because there are so many braking zones without long-run sections to cool. I take Carboteq readings after each track day and none of the readings are down to half-way between the upper/lower numbers marked for each of the 3 reading points on the rotors.

A couple of years ago, my extensive searching found anecdotal evidence that CCBs may last 40-50 track days, but no-one had published any real data. If the wear-number degradation is linear, then my measurements would seem to indicate that that is likely the case. If the wear (heat-caused chemical degradation) goes exponential, at some point, then that won't be the case. Time will tell (assuming this Ol' Fart can continue doing track days).

For street-only use, unless you're a dangerous maniac that's trying to be hard on brakes, it appears that CCB rotors could last the life of the vehicle ... or at least long past the failure point of many other major parts.
wildta (09-16-2024)
Old 09-16-2024 | 06:58 PM

C63S Coupe
Alternatively (and, better yet), see if a local dealer has the Carboteq tool and get them measured.

Audi specifies that their dealers must use it for evaluating CCBs, but I don't know whether they conform. The more recent (5+ years, at least) German cars are using the (Brembo, I think) marked CCB rotors that can be evaluated using the (very expensive) Carboteq tool.

For reference, I've done 16 track days with my GTR Pro, nearly all of them on short tracks that are very hard on brakes because there are so many braking zones without long-run sections to cool. I take Carboteq readings after each track day and none of the readings are down to half-way between the upper/lower numbers marked for each of the 3 reading points on the rotors.

A couple of years ago, my extensive searching found anecdotal evidence that CCBs may last 40-50 track days, but no-one had published any real data. If the wear-number degradation is linear, then my measurements would seem to indicate that that is likely the case. If the wear (heat-caused chemical degradation) goes exponential, at some point, then that won't be the case. Time will tell (assuming this Ol' Fart can continue doing track days).

For street-only use, unless you're a dangerous maniac that's trying to be hard on brakes, it appears that CCB rotors could last the life of the vehicle ... or at least long past the failure point of many other major parts.
too long to read lol. Did some initial weighing with a scale that might not be as precise and they are all over the weight on the rotor so that’s good news.

might have a sale pending and the gentleman is bringing a more precise scale. If anyone is on the fence for a clean set of these at a very fair price, they might be gone in a day or two.
Old 09-17-2024 | 04:26 PM

C63S Coupe
SOLD!
Old 09-19-2024 | 12:55 AM

... Did some initial weighing with a scale that might not be as precise and they are all over the weight on the rotor so that’s good news. ...
That just means they weren't cleaned properly ... a difficult task that's not well specified and is why weighing is still not a good substitute for a Carboteq reading.

If your car wasn't "tracked" extensively, I'd have no doubt that the rotors are in prime condition. Nice to see you sold them.
Old 09-19-2024 | 04:02 AM

C63S Coupe
That just means they weren't cleaned properly ... a difficult task that's not well specified and is why weighing is still not a good substitute for a Carboteq reading.

If your car wasn't "tracked" extensively, I'd have no doubt that the rotors are in prime condition. Nice to see you sold them.
thank you. It was a normal street driven car with mainly highway miles. Definitely a good sale for both sides.