S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Ambient Lighting Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2024, 09:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 Maybach S600, 2013 G63, and 2022 S580 Brabus
Ambient Lighting Issue

I've had my car (2022 S580) for about two years now. I have experienced continued issues with the ambient lighting since day one of ownership. The lighting will get stuck on blue and you are unable to change colors. Also, the function of changing the temperature does not change the lighting and when there is a car next to you it does not flash (safety feature not working)
I have taken the car in 6 times for this issue. They seem to reprogram it and change modules, but it continues to revert back to this issue. I am beyond frustrated. It has experienced some other electrical issues, but they usually get resolved. Now the rear window roller shade will not stay closed. It will go up and then go right back now.

I am frustrated and ready to get Mercedes corporate involved. Has anyone had a similar issue and what was the resolution? The dealer has not been helpful with getting a permanent solution. They just say it is fixed and as soon as I leave the dealership the issues return within a day or two. I am so happy to get back into my S Class vs the little C Class loaners I always hate to take the car back again.

Who would you call for a resolution on this? I was speaking to a gentleman the other day at a carwash where I was having my car handwashed. He has a new 2024. It is his third W223. He said the first car he owned they could not get the backup camera to work and had to buy the car back. The second one the ambient lighting would not even light up. Now he is on his third replacement, and he gets random error codes on the display that appear and then disappear.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,698 Likes on 2,295 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Indyberetta
I've had my car (2022 S580) for about two years now. I have experienced continued issues with the ambient lighting since day one of ownership. The lighting will get stuck on blue and you are unable to change colors. Also, the function of changing the temperature does not change the lighting and when there is a car next to you it does not flash (safety feature not working)
I have taken the car in 6 times for this issue. They seem to reprogram it and change modules, but it continues to revert back to this issue. I am beyond frustrated. It has experienced some other electrical issues, but they usually get resolved. Now the rear window roller shade will not stay closed. It will go up and then go right back now.

I am frustrated and ready to get Mercedes corporate involved. Has anyone had a similar issue and what was the resolution? The dealer has not been helpful with getting a permanent solution. They just say it is fixed and as soon as I leave the dealership the issues return within a day or two. I am so happy to get back into my S Class vs the little C Class loaners I always hate to take the car back again.

Who would you call for a resolution on this? I was speaking to a gentleman the other day at a carwash where I was having my car handwashed. He has a new 2024. It is his third W223. He said the first car he owned they could not get the backup camera to work and had to buy the car back. The second one the ambient lighting would not even light up. Now he is on his third replacement, and he gets random error codes on the display that appear and then disappear.
Sorry to hear that, active ambient lighting failure is not widely reported on the forums for the W223, so it might not be a common failure. Will need forum member streamliner to chime in in regards to advice on lemon law. Hopefully it works out in your favour.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 S580
I had a one-time error thrown in my car last week stating the Active Ambient lighting in my 2022 S580 was not working and the top row of ambient lighting was off for about a minute before it came on. This isn't normal as the top row usually comes on when I start the car. After a minute or two, the top row came on but didn't change color based on driving conditions, it stayed a solid blue. I drove to my destination, shut off the car, and when I returned and started up, the error was gone and all has worked okay since.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 Maybach S600, 2013 G63, and 2022 S580 Brabus
My lights work, but only stay on blue and don't have any of the features such as the lane assist flashing when someone gets to close and also does not change colors when you turn the temperature up and down. It is almost like the function memory is erased somehow and it has no memory of the functions.