Build Sheet for 2024 E Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
350 E
Unhappy Build Sheet for 2024 E Class

Greetings:
Hope all are well and safe. I cannot find a web site that doesn't try to have you join and use a credit card for additional charges to check the specs of my auto-2024 350. I think the print sheet has options that are not in my new car. I had the option of Digital Light that included the animation and the support projections which are being turned on December 2024. My Mercedes Me indicates that I do not have the hardware installed at factory so I will not have access or be able to subscribe. I just have Dynamic Low Bean and another option under Digital Light. No option 3 or option 4 showing on the sub-menu under lights. Dealership states I have, but the Mercedes System using my VIN Number says NO. And yet, sticker and printed sheet show the same price I paid. My VIN is: W1KLF4HBXRA038597. Any assistance is always appreciated. Do not know what dealer will do if this is true for compensation.
Roadrunner.
Old Today, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
Have you tried the decoder on this site under tools?
Old Today, 08:32 AM

350 E
Yes, I tried the decoder on this site, but just gives me the makeup of the auto, no actual build sheet unless I am not doing something correctly. All the decoders want a charge which takes me to an automatic payment each month of $40 or more per month after three day trial that I must manually cancel.
Thanks for any further assistance.
Roadrunner.
Old Today, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
I don't know what you mean by build sheet. Another site to try is NHTSA. Their listing has 136 items on it. If you want options just look on the Monroney label that came with the car.
Old Today, 11:37 AM

350 E
The Sticker sheet just has headings and not the sub-heading of the options on my car. The Build Sheet would give every standard and optional equipment on car. The Build Sheet my dealer gave me does not match the options on my auto as I am missing the hardware for the advanced Digital Light that is being turned on December 2024. Mercedes Me shows me that my auto never had hardware installed at factory in Germany for the light animations and the support projections which are options under Digital Light. I just have the basic Digital Light. Will see if I can use some recommendations for the Build Sheet.
Be well.
Roadrunner.
Old Today, 11:48 AM

350 E
I used the Decoder under Tools here. Worked. But the Build Sheet does not indicate the options. The auto is 10, 000 cheaper than what I paid at 79, 000. Interesting, the VIN Link shows my print list with another Vin number that is on my print sheet and different from the Sticker Sheet. Mystery deepens.
Old Today, 12:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GL450, E450
Don’t know if this will help you or not as to what to look for, but the build sheet on my order lists:

DA4 Digital Light Package
316 Digital Light
42U Pre-installation for projection functions for symbols
43U Pre-installation for projection functions for animations
P35 Multibeam LED

Old Today, 01:56 PM

350 E
Perfect. This is what I ordered. My Built Sheet gives these detail for my 2024 E class. The sticker just states Digital Light, no additional comments. Mercedes ME-states I only have the basic Digital Light. Hardware for the animations and support projections not put in at factory. The VIN decoder notes two VIN numbers for me-one is the print out and one is for the sticker-each has a different VIN Number. I go by the sticker VIN. See what happens now as I paid for these additions and the price is the same on Build Sheet and Sticker though each has a different VIN Number. The story thickens.

Roadrunner.
Old Today, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 177 Likes on 128 Posts
2025 AMG E 53 (on order); 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2003 360 Modena
From aftersales.mercedes-benz.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
W1KLF4HBXRA038597.pdf (79.3 KB, 6 views)
Old Today, 02:15 PM

350 E
kjb55, I owe you. This built sheet with the right VIN indicates I have the animations and support projectors. Will save and print and reach out to Mercedes and dealer.

Roadrunner.
Old Today, 02:17 PM

350 E
kjb55. Sorry, wrong VIN. My VIN is W1KLF4HBXRA038597. Could you find the Built Sheet for this VIN.

Greatly appreciate it.
Roadrunner
Old Today, 02:20 PM

350 E
kjb55, The Built Sheet has two VIN numbers. The second one on the front page is mine. What is the difference. Why are there two VIN Numbers on top of the first page.
Any assistance is always appreciated.
Roadrunner.
Old Today, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your car

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
Greetings:
Hope all are well and safe. I cannot find a web site that doesn't try to have you join and use a credit card for additional charges to check the specs of my auto-2024 350. I think the print sheet has options that are not in my new car. I had the option of Digital Light that included the animation and the support projections which are being turned on December 2024. My Mercedes Me indicates that I do not have the hardware installed at factory so I will not have access or be able to subscribe. I just have Dynamic Low Bean and another option under Digital Light. No option 3 or option 4 showing on the sub-menu under lights. Dealership states I have, but the Mercedes System using my VIN Number says NO. And yet, sticker and printed sheet show the same price I paid. My VIN is: W1KLF4HBXRA038597. Any assistance is always appreciated. Do not know what dealer will do if this is true for compensation.
Roadrunner.
Hello RoadrunnerHerm,

I have a paid partslink24 subscription and I am happy to help you. I got your car factory option codes and here are the option codes you have regarding the exterior lights:-

316 SAE DIGITAL LED HEADLAMPS, RIGHT-SIDE TRAFFIC
42U PROJECTION FUNCTION VIA HEADLAMPS - SYMBOLS
43U PROJECTION FUNCTION VIA HEADLAMPS - ANIMATION
587 LOGO PROJECTION VIA MIRROR
5B6 ILLUMINATED OUTLINE ILLUMINATION OF RADIATOR GRILLE
608 AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM CONTROL (IHC)
P35 - DIGITAL LIGHT Factory Code

I am not sure I can 100% confirm to you that 316 is the full digital light, as the European version which I have is code "318 : Digital LED headlamps, right-side traffic", as you see it doesn't have the abbreviation "SAE" in the beginning. Maybe other USA owners around here can confirm to us if they do have the 316 lights, and have their projection working.

So, as I DO have the projections working (rain and stars welcoming); and so far the only supportive projection that I have seen while driving is the arrow that gets projected on the road ahead when the lane keep assist kicks in and vibrates/corrects your steering, we can compare your option codes to mine to try to give us a clue which code is responsible. I could translate my included codes as as : the welcoming lights to be the the 43U, and the supportive symbols are the 42U. I also have an option code in my car which is "30U : Projection function via headlamps - lines" but I don't know what it does.

I also have "628 : Adaptive highbeam assist plus (Automatic high beam control plus) (IHC+)" instead of your 608, I have "PAX : Light Package Premium" instead of your P35, and I have "O901 : Digital light animations extension (SA+)".

I can confirm to you in my Mercedes Me app store, there is a package called "Individualization package", it includes two digital extras, one is "Minigames" and the other is "DIGITAL LIGHT Animations"; both are active in green color. Please try to search for this package at your side. Do you have it? Where and on which package does it tell you that you don't have the hardware installed at factory?

I will try to research for you the codes that we both are different from each other, to see if any of them is the reason you aren't getting the projection.

Old Today, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 177 Likes on 128 Posts
2025 AMG E 53 (on order); 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2003 360 Modena
The first number is FIN. Which, I think, is referred to as the German VIN(?). The system used to call it out as FIN and VIN, but somewhere along the way just listed both without calling out FIN. I use the FIN to figure out chassis and version. Such as 214.047 in your case.
Old Today, 04:37 PM

350 E
Hi E, Much appreciated. Yes, my Build Sheet has those codes-316 Digital Light Package which comes with 42 U, 43 U and P35. I am told that we have the PAX-Digital Light with Projection Function. On the web site of Me Mercedes, it indicates I have 26/30 digital extras activated. Web site states no hardware installed at factory for the Animation and Support Projectors. Also, no Sound Experience (No idea what this is), and Radio Service Following and a game Tretis. We do not have the high beam adaptive system yet in USA as waiting for final approval. Dealer tells me that the animation is on and that I should have it. Mercedes Me still researching this issue and will call me back Tuesday. Dealer wants me to take in car on Friday as they cannot believe I do not have it. They sent me the Build Sheet that is quite clear. There was only one 2024 E class in the country that had all the options. Could not get the Night Package or automatic sun shades. I tinted the back windows. The Support Projectors like you have when can is pushed back in lane is turned on in December 2024 in USA.
Thanks for supporting me here.
Roadrunner
Old Today, 05:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GL450, E450
Is there a charge to have the projection feature enabled? If so, how much? I have an E450 on the way with the digital pkg but it’s not here yet.
I’m not clear on which features are available in the U.S. and which are pending and/or not ever supported.
Old Today, 08:18 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
W214 E450
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
I have 26/30 digital extras activated. Web site states no hardware installed at factory for the Animation and Support Projectors. Also, no Sound Experience (No idea what this is), and Radio Service Following and a game Tretis.
Says the same for me on Mercedes Me. I got every option including the digital light package. I have the opening animation of the lights going side to side and up and down and was told by my dealer that the more advanced stuff will be enabled in Dec. I hope/suspect the message on Mercedes Me is just a general message and not specific to my car.