C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dashboard squeaky very annoying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2024, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C180 2008
Dashboard squeaky very annoying

Greeting!
To open another topic, on my w204 from 2008 the squeaks started from the side areas of the dashboard, you can hear metal/metal friction from the back of the watches and from the back of the glove box. The sound is very noticeable at low speeds and bumps such as the limiters at pedestrian crossings, the sound is very shrill and sharp, it can be heard from two sides, left/right with different tones. Has anyone else been through something like this? I'm thinking of selling the car for this reason because it's extremely annoying, it's worse than a horse carriage.
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM

W204 C180 2008
Hello again.
If noone answer me so far, I attach an audio file of the squeaking in my dashboard. Please help! I don`t want to sell the car just for this reason, but it`s very annoying to live with it.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
squeaking dashboard.mp3 (313.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by remusthag; Yesterday at 01:06 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200 w204
Unfortunately trying to decipher faults by listening to recordings is about as useful as taking a blind man to a strip club, what we hear online
rarely is equal to what you hear in real life.

That being said, to me it sounds like the noise is coming from your front suspension, not from the dash. Get your front suspension arm bushes
& ball joints checked as well as the anti roll bar drop links.
Old Yesterday, 02:32 AM

W204 C180 2008
Thank you for your reply. Love the comparison with the blind man.
All the arm bushes and joints, anti roll bar drop links and bushes were replaced with Lemforder few months ago.
The squeaking it might be coming from strut or/and spring? Or the bearing attached to it?
Anyway, the squeaks are "stereo" and coming from left and right of the dashboard, that means the sources are "twins".
Looking forward for your reply.
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200 w204
Sorry, but without being there to assess the vehicle in person, there is little further advice I could give.