Anyone else after such a short period ?

​​​​​​I Understand this car is a bit complexe but damn

Old 09-19-2024 | 11:39 AM

2024 GLC43
Just found out it's the O2 sensor ...

Pretty early for this part to go
Old 09-19-2024 | 12:21 PM

C63, SLK320, GLK 350, GTR, GLC 43
Mine came on 6 hours after taking delivery. Needed a software update for the 14v control module
Old 09-19-2024 | 12:22 PM

2024 GLC43
Originally Posted by css+m
Mine came on 6 hours after taking delivery. Needed a software update for the 14v control module
Wow really ? The O2 I guess was defective from the get go
​​​​​​

Last edited by aviator787; 09-19-2024 at 12:24 PM.
Old Yesterday | 02:15 PM

2024 GLC43
Originally Posted by aviator787
Wow really ? The O2 I guess was defective from the get go
​​​​​​
Do I have a lemon ? Got another check engine light this morning and not very happy now. I had planned a weekend outing and can't take the car. I'm at a loss on how frustrated I am with MB and they will hear me on Monday . How can I explain this, can anyone chime in ?

Last edited by aviator787; Yesterday at 02:24 PM.
Old Yesterday | 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
If you don't have an ODBII reader, stop by your local Autozone, O'Reilly etc. and have them read out the error codes to know what is causing the CEL. A steady CEL is usually fine to drive and is typically related to an emissions issue. Can also be as simple as the fuel cap not sealing properly. A flashing CEL is a bigger issue and should be looked at immediately. Always a good idea to have an ODBII reader on hand. Nobody can tell you what's going on unless you have the error codes.

The lambda sensor could potentially be just a symptom of a larger issue. Any blue or white smoke coming out of the tail pipes? The electric turbo is also a source of issues with these cars. They tend to fail in the early models. It's a lot of new tech in these cars that hasn't proven itself on the road yet. If you buy a new model this early in its lifecycle, you better be prepared for teething problems. Most will advise you to skip the first and even the second model year of a new car. Most issues will usually be sorted out with the facelift. That's part of the reason why I never bought a pre-facelift model of any car.

Last edited by superswiss; Yesterday at 03:50 PM.
Old Yesterday | 05:43 PM

2024 GLC43
Angry

Originally Posted by superswiss
If you don't have an ODBII reader, stop by your local Autozone, O'Reilly etc. and have them read out the error codes to know what is causing the CEL. A steady CEL is usually fine to drive and is typically related to an emissions issue. Can also be as simple as the fuel cap not sealing properly. A flashing CEL is a bigger issue and should be looked at immediately. Always a good idea to have an ODBII reader on hand. Nobody can tell you what's going on unless you have the error codes.

The lambda sensor could potentially be just a symptom of a larger issue. Any blue or white smoke coming out of the tail pipes? The electric turbo is also a source of issues with these cars. They tend to fail in the early models. It's a lot of new tech in these cars that hasn't proven itself on the road yet. If you buy a new model this early in its lifecycle, you better be prepared for teething problems. Most will advise you to skip the first and even the second model year of a new car. Most issues will usually be sorted out with the facelift. That's part of the reason why I never bought a pre-facelift model of any car.
Since this is my 2nd in a month and if it's any of the oxygen sensors again , can it be another underlying issue causing them to go bad ?
There doesn't seem to be any performance issues while driving though

The teething with this car is so far really bad
Old Yesterday | 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by aviator787
Since this is my 2nd in a month and if it's any of the oxygen sensors again , can it be another underlying issue causing them to go bad ?
There doesn't seem to be any performance issues while driving though

The teething with this car is so far really bad
Yes, the lambda sensor (oxygen sensor) can fail due to contamination with oil etc. That could be due to a leak in the engine. Head gasket leak for example would let coolant enter the combustion chamber and that would then contaminate the sensor. Similarly for an oil leak. The former would be noticed as white smoke in the exhaust and the latter as blue smoke. It could also be an electrical issue. The sensor may not have been bad, but the wiring to it or something further up the electrical chain. Manifesting itself like a faulty sensor, and so replacing the sensor didn't actually fix the issue. Unfortunately, electrical problems are very hard to track down.

Last edited by superswiss; Yesterday at 05:50 PM.
Old Yesterday | 05:51 PM

2024 GLC43
Not a happy camper now if what you say is be a possibility... will know more on monday and report back .

Thanks for the input