e43 Wagon recreation??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2024, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'18 E400 Wagon
e43 Wagon recreation??

Just a brainstorm the other day that I want to run past you all:

I see plenty of BMW 3 series wagons for sale on Cars & Bids with M3 powertrains, body panels, OEM wheels, and the like installed to make a recreation. A '17-'18 e43 wagon was never sold in the states. A simple tune would bring the current e400 engine roughly to the same HP as the sedan e43. Not saying it would be easy, but a couple changes to the exterior along with e43 rims would make it look and drive like an e43.

Here's the question: Is it tasteful or tacky to do that work and then put the e43 badging on the car? I mean not throwing AMG badges everywhere, just what was on the original e43.

Don't have the money for this, just curious what the consensus on the concept is. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2024, 07:49 AM

Received 249 Likes on 186 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
The other day I got next to (I swear this is true) an E43 next to the door of a "Fake" car (pretty sure the fake is a C300). It actually looked really good. Very well done body work (spoiler, under car fins, wheels, the list goes on). While 99% of the drivers would have no idea (my give away is brake calipers).

So, to each their own. In the situation the other day, I was next to the "Fake" at a light. Put the car into N and reved the engine a few times. The E43 driver about **** their pants.

Will I make fun of them a bit? Sure. They like me (us) are car lovers. Took great pride in the car and have a good time doing it. For me, same as wearing a football jersey....and not playing on the football team (People all over the world do that, no matter the shape of the "Football").

As for engine swaps. An M3 engine in a "Not M3" is still not an M3. I knew of TONS of 335's that we modded that would destroy most any M3.