W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

New Fuel Injector Coding on Tuned Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63s
New Fuel Injector Coding on Tuned Car

Hey guys, I just recently picked up a 2015 e63s wagon. Fell in love with the car (minus the creaks), but have suddenly ran into some issues. I purchased the car through ebay and when I got it everything was fine for the most part. After about a week of driving I decided to scan the car and saw that it had a cylinder 5 misfire. I proceeded to have a tech check the plugs, which looked original, so we changed them out during that time. We swapped coils and the misfire didnt follow, but insisted on putting on OEM bosch ignition coil on. Once that was done, the misfire still was present. The car ran great (previous owner had a tune on it) but the misfire could be felt at idle. The tech lastly advised that I change out the fuel injector to eliminate the 3 most common misfire issues. We did that and the new injector was coded. Since the vehicle now has misfires on all cylinders and when you give it gas it falls on its face flat with the CEL blinking. Now given that is the case, im worst off than when I started. I called the shop that did it and they said that the noticed the tune on the car, but coded the injectors based off oem spec. Could this be my issue? Im assuming that when tuning the injector flow is altered? Sorry im new to the mercedes world. Id love to keep the car, but I dont know if there is something deeper going on that I should return the car as a result of. Thanks for any guidance!
Old Today, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,732 Likes on 2,483 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
troubleshooting pointers

Getting injectors reset to stock got all cyl. misfiring...

> Initially Cyl.#5 misfire...
is aiming towards being low compression
ie. cylinder walls, bent rod or jammed rings.
Get a bore scope to see that clearly.

> Falling on its face...
suggest fuel starvation as in low pressure
or lean fuel trims LTFT

> Inspect oil filter...
look at oil filter for glitter particles

> Firmware tuning...
Now you have every cyl misfiring !!
Go stock to help you resolve the basic issues
then tune up again

> Look up @PeterUbers 's index for great additional solutions.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; Today at 02:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PeterUbers (Today)
Old Today, 02:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,521 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
The Sticky

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...fixes-diy.html

Last edited by PeterUbers; Today at 02:13 PM.
Old Today, 02:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

I agree - you have to return to stock to get to the bottom of this.

scope those cylinders - specifically cylinder 5 ... 5 takes the biggest beating followed by 1....

lots and lots of discussions on misfires in the sticky and issued exactly as you are describing with solutions.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (Today)
Old Today, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63s
Man, you guys are super helpful. Ive looked up quite a bit and came across thread on cylinder 5 misfire issues. I guess my point is that, if it is low compression, jammed ring, etc... Id be better off returning the vehicle to the seller and getting my money back as opposed to incurring more expenses? Im already in the hole almost 2k. I will get a compression check and borescope to see this thing through sometime in the next few days.
Old Today, 03:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Elevated
Man, you guys are super helpful. Ive looked up quite a bit and came across thread on cylinder 5 misfire issues. I guess my point is that, if it is low compression, jammed ring, etc... Id be better off returning the vehicle to the seller and getting my money back as opposed to incurring more expenses? Im already in the hole almost 2k. I will get a compression check and borescope to see this thing through sometime in the next few days.
is this through the eBay guarantee?

if so - yes, get out NOW. Scope the cylinders, leak down test (not just the software xentry test) and show this as proof, and save your receipts from the $2k already spent

Last edited by PeterUbers; Today at 03:12 PM.