GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2024 GLE 580 experiences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML400
2024 GLE 580 experiences?

I'm thinking of replacing my 2015 ML400 with a 2025 GLE 580 and was hoping to find some recent GLE 580 owners willing to discuss their experiences with the car. What have you liked, not liked, things to watch out for, options you wish you'd ordered, etc. I've also seen E-ABC mentioned in some threads but can't find that (or any form of "active body control") in the 2025 order guide. Is that still an option (possibly under a different name)? Also, is the 48V battery problem resolved on current models? Thanks for any feedback.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 756 Likes on 561 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by Involute
I'm thinking of replacing my 2015 ML400 with a 2025 GLE 580 and was hoping to find some recent GLE 580 owners willing to discuss their experiences with the car. What have you liked, not liked, things to watch out for, options you wish you'd ordered, etc. I've also seen E-ABC mentioned in some threads but can't find that (or any form of "active body control") in the 2025 order guide. Is that still an option (possibly under a different name)? Also, is the 48V battery problem resolved on current models? Thanks for any feedback.
E-ABC was only offered in 2020. You can still option it in the GLS 580 (I think). I love mine but the gas mileage is terrible around my town, a lot of short stop/go and hilly. Thankfully I only drive around 5k miles a year. No issues with my 48v Battery (early 2020 build). I have 35k miles with no major issues. In terms of minor issues: a rough ISG kick at low speeds 1-3MPH but turning off the auto start stop fixes it ( I think ISG2 addresses this), replaced my HUD because of light bleed (it still worked but it was really bright at night with a cloudy white light effect), replaced a climate control actuator, there was one time where it wouldn't start when I wanted it to but I went to lunch and came back and it was fine (dealer and other v167 owners confirmed that letting it go to sleep for 10min fixes something like that). I prefer E-ABC over airmatic but airmatic is fine for what it is. I'd only get E-ABC again if they make further improvements (moot since they don't offer it anymore anyway).

A friend has a MY20 GLE with E-ABC and 70k miles with no major issues.

You should also consider the GLE 53 with ARC. That's what I would go with now that E-ABC isn't offered anymore.
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML400
Thanks! What's ISG?

> You should also consider the GLE 53 with ARC.

My impression is that the AMGs are less comfortable than the GLEs. Plus, the 580's a little quicker than the 53.
Old Today, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 756 Likes on 561 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by Involute
Thanks! What's ISG?

> You should also consider the GLE 53 with ARC.

My impression is that the AMGs are less comfortable than the GLEs. Plus, the 580's a little quicker than the 53.
I never test drove the 53, I didn't want a loud exhaust and preferred the sleeper look of the 580 with its V8. Earlier this year, I had an EQE AMG loaner with ARC/Airmatic and an EQS 450 with airmatic. I found the EQE to be a comfier ride even though it had 22" wheels vs 21" on the EQS. I think it's worth test driving an ARC-equipped 53 but if you're set on the 580, the heart wants what it wants.

ISG:
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...ml#post8666682

Last edited by wildta; Today at 01:26 AM.