G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2013 g63 center diff lock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2024 | 01:57 PM

2013 g63 amg
2013 g63 center diff lock problem

Hi
My center diff locker switch turns orange, but not red.

So none of the two others are working.

I cannot hear any vacum motor engaging, not sure what to look for first. Vacum hoses looks good.
Not sure if the pump is the unit on the firewall, drivers side.
Any ideas where the fuses are?

2013 g63 amg
Old 10-05-2024 | 06:01 PM

2021 G550, BMW X5M, 2020 Toyota Supra LE
Originally Posted by Jacobz
Hi
My center diff locker switch turns orange, but not red.

So none of the two others are working.

I cannot hear any vacum motor engaging, not sure what to look for first. Vacum hoses looks good.
Not sure if the pump is the unit on the firewall, drivers side.
Any ideas where the fuses are?

2013 g63 amg
Are you on a low traction surface? Have you tried driving forward and back slightly while turning the wheel? has it ever worked?

Orange means it received the command, red is when it’s locked in. If you aren’t in the right circumstance/situation it won’t lock (as it it shouldn’t) without wheel slippage.
Old 10-06-2024 | 12:58 AM

2013 g63 amg
Originally Posted by 084runnerltd
Are you on a low traction surface? Have you tried driving forward and back slightly while turning the wheel? has it ever worked?

Orange means it received the command, red is when it’s locked in. If you aren’t in the right circumstance/situation it won’t lock (as it it shouldn’t) without wheel slippage.

Yes. Have done that. Done the same procedure last month, but now it won't engage. Worked last time, after some movement. Can't hear the vacumpump engaging.
Old Today | 01:10 PM

2016 G550. Bone stock.
Originally Posted by 084runnerltd

I think OP is a chatbot, and a pretty dumb one at that. It titles the post "2013 g63 center diff lock problem," and it turns out actually none of the three diffs work. Also posted to the wrong section. And apparently is handy enough to check vacuum hoses but cant' find the vacuum pump, and can't look in the manual or do a 5 second google search for fuse locations. This is why these forums are turning into a ghost town.
The following users liked this post:
084runnerltd (Today)