CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

2006 CLS500 with 722.9 strange problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 12:55 AM

2006 CLS500
2006 CLS500 with 722.9 strange problem

Hey so i just purchased a 2006 cls500 with the 7g tronic 2 months ago at 122,000 miles. Its has been shifting smooth every time up until today. I came to a stop and noticed that one of my headlights seemed to be out (it was dark and i only seen 1 reflection on the persons bumper ahead of me) thought it was strange but didn't think too deeply about it. When the light turned green i went to get on the highway on-ramp. Well when i did that it jerked back and forth many times until it wouldn't go it felt like it kept slipping into neutral every second or something. Having experienced issues with other 722.9s i turned it off, and put it back in drive and it acted like neutral (i rolled back a bit when i let off the break in drive) repeated the process and it shifted smooth down the block and thats where i parked it at. I noticed my headlight went back on but one of the side-marker lights went out (dont know if thats a coincidence or if its a different electrical issue unrelated to the trans. Also i noticed a faint constant buzzing sound that happened regardless if you were in p r n or d. I noticed it a week ago but went away quick and shifted smooth. Hasn't came back up until tonight when this whole ordeal happened. Any advice or input would be helpful. I will try to get the car scanned tomorrow and see if it has any codes in the tcu. Hope i dont have to do another conductor plate. Its a shame cause i was saving up to get lots of preventative maintenance done and of corse the gearbox was one of the things on that list.