GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Teconsha RF Wirelss Trailer Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 02:35 PM

Teconsha RF Wirelss Trailer Controller

I recently tried to connect my 2025 GLE 450e to my RV trailer brakes using the Teconsha Prodigy RF wireless brake controller. Had no luck getting the controller paired with the remote. Can this system be used with my GLE 450e?
Old Yesterday | 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by blkadr08
I recently tried to connect my 2025 GLE 450e to my RV trailer brakes using the Teconsha Prodigy RF wireless brake controller. Had no luck getting the controller paired with the remote. Can this system be used with my GLE 450e?
@mikapen uses that controller and might be able to assist.
Old Yesterday | 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Do you have 12 volt power at the controller?
Old Today | 10:53 AM

'68 Type-1, '23 S580, '22 GLS450, '21 JCW Mini, '20 Mustang
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blkadr08
Hi, I don't have a Teconsha but I use a Curt Echo Wireless brake controller. They won't start working unless the trailer/rv is hooked up. Once hooked up it starts showing up in the app for pairing and further configuration. I believe your wireless brake controller will work in similar fashion once you have hooked up everything and have the car turned on. Give it a try.
Old Today | 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I found that my Curt Wireless controller would pair with my smartphone, but completing the setup does require connection with the trailer system. Everyone should have a test plug device like https://www.etrailer.com/Electrical-...URT/C73NR.html that confirms all the vehicle functions are working properly -- $20 well-spent.
Old Today | 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
One other possibility -- the installation instructions that came with my Curt controller advise that some vehicles that come with a factory installed tow option may need to have the 12 volt power to the 7-way connector activated somewhere in the car settings menu. Check your OM to see if this could be your problem.