SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Pilot20 Banned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 560SL (sold); 2001 E430 (sold); 2004 SL500; 2009 CL550
My guess is that Pilot was banned because of several things:

1. He never offered anything good to say - it was always something derogatory about the brand. While we all have had our own issues and comments about what we have liked and disliked, EVERYONE has also offered some information that is helpful to others. (EX: offering your personal experiences about leaks to compare notes. Not a glowing review of the car but still helpful to the others who have the same issue.)

2. His comments about the rims were racist. I come into the forum to see what others have to say about the cars, not to read their bigoted attitudes.

3. He also led a personal attack on more than one person in that thread. Was it the only commentary? No, but it also wasn't the first time he'd attacked someone in a thread.

4. His only purpose in the forum was to cause dissention. If you're not sure then read back through his posts. While the forum can be b*tchy at times, I'd rather see people commenting on the R230 itself than being nasty because of someone who is here to stir the pot.

5. His effect is still here. We now have a thread of people complaining from both sides of the fence about his being banned.l We sound like a bunch of sorority girls arguing over who gets bids (and yes, that's MY b*tchy commentary for the thread).

I'd hope that while he may come back into the forum under another name, he might see that people on the forum are more interested in hearing the experiences of the actual car than an ongoing commentary of what is wrong with MB and why Porsche is a better car. I'm sure that there is a forum for Porsche owners to rant and rave over those cars. The fact is that MB like EVERY manufacturer has its issues - and whether or not Porsche is a better car is entirely subjective to the individual who is willing to pony up the $$ for the car.

Isn't it about being happy with the car you have chosen to buy, not about converting the masses like a bunch of crazed religious zealots? (Please note that no specific religion or demonination of a religion was named.) Isn't this forum about sharing information about the cars themselves?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Some of you have misunderstood my posts. I never defended Pilot20. I was just making a point that some of you are very arrogant and do attack other forums members for saying anything negative about the Mercedes brand. I have been attacked many times and other members have been attacked for saying something negative about Mercedes. Just read the posts and you will see. But some of you will see the attacks as defense for the brand that you worship.

I have an idea, let’s stop attacking people here and help people if they have a problem or not. Let’s discuss the positives and negatives of the car without getting verbally abused.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gunther
3. He also led a personal attack on more than one person in that thread. Was it the only commentary? No, but it also wasn't the first time he'd attacked someone in a thread.
?
i read the thread, you guys attacked him. Especially lorinserbenz bring up **** about small d!cks. So how do you justify that?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by v8plus4
Some people in that thread considered his comment about the rims to be racist, although I don't think he meant it that way. I'm willing to bet that it wasn't that comment that got him banned, it was probably his tendency to flame and insult the other forum members. If you look through his posts, you'll see what I mean.
"If you live in the ghetto these would make an excellent addition to your SL.

Inasmuch as the SL seems to appeal to those "backward" hat guys with the mink coats, diamond stud earings and gold chains I'm predicting that these will sell quickly." If this is not a stereotypical racist remark then i dont know what is. This remark is as bigotted as it gets
Old 07-19-2005, 07:58 PM

2002 BMW 745Li Black/beige, 2006 SL600 Capri Blue/Black still on order
Originally Posted by tiggerfink
I have an idea, let’s stop attacking people here and help people if they have a problem or not. Let’s discuss the positives and negatives of the car without getting verbally abused.
Well put Tigger!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Ignore

Being able to ignore certain people on here is one of the nicest features. Several people with a lot of information that are good to share questions and answers with, ignoring the others is the easiest way to avoid the nonsense part of the forum
Old 07-19-2005, 09:42 PM

none
Originally Posted by MerzadY_BoY
i read the thread, you guys attacked him. Especially lorinserbenz bring up **** about small d!cks. So how do you justify that?
First of all dont attack me... EVERY COMMENT PILOT20 MADE was smartass, arrogant and RUDE. He never had anything nice to say EVER. Read all of his posts.. I went off on him because I was sick and tired of him treating people like crap.
Instead of stepping in and passing judgement on ME or ANYONE else, take the time to go through all his prior messages..
It doesnt really matter that he got banned, he probably has already reregistered.

Last edited by lorinserbenz; 07-19-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I have to say as someone who watched this from outside.. an objective observer, I found nothing that Pilot20 said to be more or less offensive than what other members here have said (in some cases to me) in prior threads.. and no one was banned. Furthermore, I think if one were to review Pilot20's post's, one would see that he did indeed have much to add to the conversation in many cases, but he like another member whom I will not name has an abrasive way about his written words, and that may not be something he can help.

Finally, hip-hop, rap, ghetto, all may have originally been black cultural metaphors, but today, they are as much white as black.. In my area, there are few blacks (unfortunately) and yet there is as much hip-hop, rap and kids with drooping pants and caps with price tags as there are probably in more diverse areas.. bottom line.. black, white, green or purple, I find that stuff lame personally.. do I judge people based on their choice to wear that type of dress? not quite... but I can understand if Pilot20 didn't realize he was hurting someone's feelings, as he may not have seen it as a race issue, but rather just as a issue of style.

there.. flame away..

Last edited by CE750; 07-20-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:38 AM

'04 E500
Talking

Love those wheels on your SL. What are they?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
First of all dont attack me... EVERY COMMENT PILOT20 MADE was smartass, arrogant and RUDE. He never had anything nice to say EVER. Read all of his posts.. I went off on him because I was sick and tired of him treating people like crap.
Instead of stepping in and passing judgement on ME or ANYONE else, take the time to go through all his prior messages..
It doesnt really matter that he got banned, he probably has already reregistered.