SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Pandora phone app - bluetooth streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL500
Pandora phone app - bluetooth streaming

I'm posting this as I spent a few days trying to figure out how to get this functionality to work - and hope this will help others wanting to do the same.
I have a 2005 SL500 w/ the MoBridge or Cartronics bluetooth / IPOD adapter unit installed. I also have a blackberry with the Pandora music app that streams (good quality audio) music.
At first I pressed option 6 on the MoBride unit to connect the streaming audio using the A2DP protocol. Seemed like it should work but no audio... I tried all sorts of settings and combinations... no luck.

I finally logged in to the actual MoBridge system configuration via computer and saw that the audio level for the A2DP was set to 0. Once I raised above 50, the audio works just fine.
Pretty esoteric post, I know, but if you have the above set up, you should definitely give it a try.
David
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL500
Thanks for the follow up. I did purchase from Cartronics (good guys), but have done a couple of firmware updates to the unit. Not sure if one of those would have reset the A2DP setting or not.

Love the unit - the way to go, I think, if your MB does not have the phone / bluetooth or IPOD connections already.

That being said, I'd gladly replace the whole COMAND deal for a new Pioneer AVIC (or similar) system. No comparison.

David
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Another bluetooth streaming solution is the Blackberry bluetooth stereo gateway. It connects to your aux port on one end, and connects to your Blackberry/iPhone or most smart phones, via bluetooth. You can then stream anything you want.

You can pick these up for about $35 on ebay.