SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: srs light on after dead battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 sl500
srs light on after dead battery

my 2004 sl500 was not driven for about a month and then, when started, the srs light came on. Car drives fine but the air conditioning does not cool now. When I took it to an independent he came up with all sorts of problem codes indicating malfunctions with items that are working. Not sure what is up. Is it usual for the light to come on after the car "house" battery has gone dead? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my 3rd coupe!
Subscribed, I have the same problem.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G63
This is normal - The SRS light is on due to a stored LOW VOLTAGE code within your SRS module. As for everything else please see link attached. These are the items you have to normalize when your battery goes dead.

http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdf...%201-22-02.pdf
Old 10-08-2013, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500 Sport Pkg, 2008 BMW X5 4.8L, 2011 Prius (my gas saver:-))
I believe I have the same issue too.

My SRS light came on and I am trying to figure out the coincidences and now I am feeling that the battery may be low.

In my case the SRS light came on while I was driving the car.

I tried to reset it by taking the negative terminal of the big battery in the trunk and since then I not only have the SRS light on but also the RED Battery error (Visit Workshop) on. Can a battery reset kick off the battery error?

My car drives great but the error codes are just annoying me. The battery is also only a few months old and is still under warranty so will be getting it checked as well.

This has been quite a shocker and I have had the car only a few days.

I love the car, the way it looks, the way it drives and handles but I don't like the two malfunctions

Any other ideas you all can share?

Thanks,

Paul
Old 10-09-2013, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G63
Hello Paul.

If SRS malfunction warning came on cluster while driving there is fault is SRS system. Please perform quick test with STAR diagnostic machine and report back with results.

The battery warning can be a multitude of problems which will be displayed by the STAR quick test. The consumer battery in the trunk may be low on change. Disconnecting the battery will unfortunately not change anything.

R230 chassis has many computers and control units on board. Even when vehicle is left locked and un touched the control units are still communicating with one another. Please check for draw on main consumer battery and ensure they are within spec. If draw is within spec please replace main consumer battery.