SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Need SL65 Tuning Advice pt 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
Need SL65 Tuning Advice pt 2

So last weekend got my car ECU/TCU tuned at EC/DC open house and saw a big increase to over 563 whp. Next week leaving the car there for a custom exhaust setup with new headers, down pipes, straight piped into the muffler (if I can't stand the straight pipe ill change it to x pipe but I heard the turbos will eat up most of the sound)

So after I do the the exhaust I'm looking to do the next performance mod on my car. Has anyone done bigger fuel injectors on there 65s? I've heard this job is kinda tricky

I want to do new intakes, maybe a python tube set up if they have one for 65s or a bigger dual ram intake set up. The scorpion intake I'm kinda iffy on as I heard some people saying they have lost some mph when doing 1/4 mi even with bigger hp gains. If anyone can help me on this part that would be most appreciated as this mod is prob gonna be done soon

For cooling I already have a johnson pump and a HE from Eurocharged, will a trunk reservoir or bigger top mounted intercoolers help?

I can't think of any other upgrades besides turbo/tranny swap/rebuild but that's my last mod.

Maybe change the engine displacement? lol that's prob a PAIN in the @$$ to do and I think turbos will prob do more then enough.

So 600/65 owners input on this topic would be most appreciated