SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: 04 SL 55 Battery/ Visit workshop light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL 55
04 SL 55 Battery/ Visit workshop light

I have been chasing a battery problem with this car for some time. I have replaced the alternator with new voltage regulator and replaced both batteries. I have full charge in both batteries and it seems to be charging within spec. When I put the key in position one and flip to the malfunction memory screen it shows no malfunctions. However when I put the key to The second position it immediatly goes to the red battery/ visit workshop screen and then there is one stored malfunction i.e the battery light. Since the car isn’t running I don’t think it has anything to do with the alternator or the regulator function not to mention they are new. I have pulled the passenger side carpet and the connectors were wet with ATF. I saw a YouTube video where the wrap they used on the wires caused a caplary effect and drew excess fluid up to the connectors. I clean them all and still have the light. Is there a “voltage converter” on this vehicle? If so where is it and could that be the issue? Any insight would be much appreciated I am pulling my hair out with this issue.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:12 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I would get codes pulled from the BCM.