MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   SL-Class (R231) (https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r231-159/)
-   -   SL/R231: Active Lane Keeping Assist....Standard or Adaptive? (https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r231/641541-active-lane-keeping-assist-standard-adaptive.html)

Utopia Texas 10-20-2016 11:49 AM

Active Lane Keeping Assist....Standard or Adaptive?

Has anyone found any difference in the two settings? Which one do you prefer and why? So far I cannot tell any difference but I have not used it much yet. The manual says nothing about how the two settings are different or why the driver would choose one over the other. It just tells you how to switch between the two settings. Thanks.....

mbates50 10-24-2016 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas (Post 6947055)
Has anyone found any difference in the two settings? Which one do you prefer and why? So far I cannot tell any difference but I have not used it much yet. The manual says nothing about how the two settings are different or why the driver would choose one over the other. It just tells you how to switch between the two settings. Thanks.....

Not found any difference. Both are a pain in the ass

pjw1967 10-24-2016 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by mbates50 (Post 6950737)
Not found any difference. Both are a pain in the ass

Love your avatar. Laugh of the day....:)

lay3r3 09-02-2018 11:03 PM

Here is the difference between standard vs adaptive

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas (Post 6947055)

Essentially adaptive means your steering wheel won't vibrate if you're reacting to a sudden situation (usually I would've crapped in my pants, and not care if my steering wheel was vibrating...) this is yet another case of over engineering by MB...

Standard

If Standard is selected, no warning vibration occurs if:
• you switch on the turn signals. In this event, the warnings are suppressed for a certain period of time.
• a driving safety system intervenes, such as ABS, BAS or ESP®.

Adaptive

If Adaptive is selected, no warning vibration occurs if:
• you switch on the turn signals. In this event, the warnings are suppressed for a certain period of time.
• a driving safety system intervenes, e.g.
ABS, BAS or ESP®.
• you accelerate hard, e.g. kickdown.
• you brake hard.
• you steer actively, e.g. swerve to avoid an obstacle or change lanes quickly.
• you cut the corner on a sharp bend.

In order that you are warned only when necessary and in good time if you cross the lane marking, the system recognizes certain conditions and warns you accordingly.

The warning vibration occurs earlier if: • you approach the outer lane marking on a bend.

• the road has very wide lanes, e.g. a highway.
• the system recognizes solid lane markings.
The warning vibration occurs later if: • the road has narrow lanes.
• you cut the corner on a bend.