SL/SLC-Class (R107) 1971-1989 : 250SL, 280SL, 450 SL, 380 SLC, 450 SL, 380 SL, 560 SL

SL/R107: 82 380SL DOME LIGHT BLOWN TRIGGERED BUZZER NO RADIO

Old 02-18-2018, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
87 560SL
82 380SL DOME LIGHT BLOWN TRIGGERED BUZZER NO RADIO

Hi
I tried to replace a dome light bulb on my 82 380SL and mistakenly did not realize the switch on the dashboard was on and did a short that mush have blown some fuse. The car fires up normally but the radio, dome light and hazard blinker does not come on. The traffic lights turn on but when they are on the buzzer comes on continuously non stop. All other lights and functions seem normal. I know it is my fault but I am asking please for if anyone has experienced any issue like this and knows if there is a solution or fuse graphic or diagram or may be something more I should look at to fix the problem. Thank you in advance
Old 02-27-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
1988 560SL, 2017 SL 450, and a few Corvettes
Originally Posted by FBolanos
Hi
I tried to replace a dome light bulb on my 82 380SL and mistakenly did not realize the switch on the dashboard was on and did a short that mush have blown some fuse. The car fires up normally but the radio, dome light and hazard blinker does not come on. The traffic lights turn on but when they are on the buzzer comes on continuously non stop. All other lights and functions seem normal. I know it is my fault but I am asking please for if anyone has experienced any issue like this and knows if there is a solution or fuse graphic or diagram or may be something more I should look at to fix the problem. Thank you in advance
I'm new to Mercedes, but I think you've mentioned the solution to your problem. Check the fuses, if you haven't already done so. Good luck.