SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: ECU Tuning - Veloce vs. Kleeman vs. Others

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I appreciate everyone who has said some good things about us in this thread. The fact that we are being mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Renntech and Kleemen puts a smile on our faces! It also tells me that we are on the right track and doing good work for our clients.

Over the Monterey Historics weekend (8/13-8/16/09), we added 8 more smiling members to our growing family. I love these road trips where we do some tuning. It gives me an opportunity to meet our clients face to face and talk cars with some great car guys.

To everyone we tuned this weekend...... Thanks and enjoy your new found power!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Here's a shot from Oneil. We tuned his car on the way to Monterey! Thanks, and enjoy the tune on your 030 SL55.

btw... Great looking car!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
I had Veloce Performance tune my SL55 close to 2 years ago and have had a wonderful experience in doing so. I will say this, most people don't like change and would rather go with what they know as opposed to what they believe, it's understood. Dino's company is relatively new and growing, however he is not just the owner he's a client as well. My thought process is simple, if his tune is good enough for his car's why wouldn't it be for yours? In the end you have the right to decide who you wish to go with and I respect that. I have the uppermost respect for Renntech and Kleeman tuning companies while they are very legit, however Dino in my opinion is very user friendly also taking the price tag that comes along with the tune into consideration. My last point is, Dino is a great dude and so is his brother, being nice has nothing to do with my decision making process it's all about the end result. If I felt that someone was jacked up I definitely would blast them on this forum even if it was a nice dude. Being a nice guy does not make me a happy camper, the way that you execute will.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by charles pearson
I had Veloce Performance tune my SL55 close to 2 years ago and have had a wonderful experience in doing so. I will say this, most people don't like change and would rather go with what they know as opposed to what they believe, it's understood. Dino's company is relatively new and growing, however he is not just the owner he's a client as well. My thought process is simple, if his tune is good enough for his car's why wouldn't it be for yours? In the end you have the right to decide who you wish to go with and I respect that. I have the uppermost respect for Renntech and Kleeman tuning companies while they are very legit, however Dino in my opinion is very user friendly also taking the price tag that comes along with the tune into consideration. My last point is, Dino is a great dude and so is his brother, being nice has nothing to do with my decision making process it's all about the end result. If I felt that someone was jacked up I definitely would blast them on this forum even if it was a nice dude. Being a nice guy does not make me a happy camper, the way that you execute will.
I agree that Dino is a nice guy, but I think people are looking for more than butt dynoes in terms of proof. Correct me if I am wrong, but we have yet to see any dyno graphs of before and after or any timeslips/videos from the track.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Timeless
I agree that Dino is a nice guy, but I think people are looking for more than butt dynoes in terms of proof. Correct me if I am wrong, but we have yet to see any dyno graphs of before and after or any timeslips/videos from the track.
We have numerous dyno runs for our cars, some of which have been posted. As for drag racing, I can't force my clients to go drag racing and since I am a road racer, I would rather stick pins in my eyes that go to the drags!

We do have a recent client with an SLK55 that drag races, who sent me a note that since having us work on his car, he is now beating a rather stubborn E63! Not bad!

Additionally, as I recall when dynos were posted, they were doubted as to their validity. Dynos have been a no win situation for us, but the happiness of our clients have always been a big win, just check out our testimonials. http://www.veloceperformance.com/testimonial.htm.

There are always doubters, and that doesn't bother me. Developing great products, giving great customer care and putting smiles on our client's faces.... as well as having fun with the cars is what we have been about since the beginning.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
I would be MORE than happy to get baseline dyno and 1/4 mile times before and after if you want to sponsor our company.

I love to drag race. I also love to drive the road course. Lifes to short to be biased towards one thing or another.