MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) (https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-sl63-amg-sl65-amg-r230-49/)
-   -   SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: New DBS (https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-sl63-amg-sl65-amg-r230/292218-new-dbs.html)

AMG1 04-12-2009 01:28 PM

New DBS

6 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys, wasn't really sure where to post these pictures however considering that the SL is in a similar class as the DBS I figured it would be okay. Just picked the vehicle up a week ago and finally got around to taking a few nice photos however I am no professional photographer mind you.

Cheers

moparrbust 04-12-2009 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by AMG1 (Post 3463551)
Hey Guys, wasn't really sure where to post these pictures however considering that the SL is in a similar class as the DBS I figured it would be okay. Just picked the vehicle up a week ago and finally got around taking a few nice photos.

Cheers

Very nice, I just finished fixing a Vantage and DB9 last week. The Vanquish used to be my favorite Aston until the DBS came out.........and it's even better that it's a manual(that elevator buttons on the dash for the auto just isn't right).

AMG1 04-12-2009 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by moparrbust (Post 3463566)
Very nice, I just finished fixing a Vantage and DB9 last week. The Vanquish used to be my favorite Aston until the DBS came out.........and it's even better that it's a manual(that elevator buttons on the dash for the auto just isn't right).

So true, I had the option to get that automated manuel system however I quickly declined, there is nothing better than running that V12 through the gears via a good old stick.

G_KATS 04-12-2009 02:18 PM

nice car .... i always loved Astons

1badassbenz 04-12-2009 02:30 PM

Hey Guys, wasn't really sure where to post these pictures however considering that the SL is in a similar class as the DBS I figured it would be okay. Just picked the vehicle up a week ago and finally got around to taking a few nice photos however I am no professional photographer mind you.

Cheers

Veeeeeeery nice :bow: How do you like it. Always wondered what the power of the DBS compared to. I have a 05 CL65 with the Renntech package and I was considering the DBS but didn't know if I could live without the power of the CL. Or maybe there similar. What do you think since you own one and have driven it? :y :y :y

AMG1 04-12-2009 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1badassbenz (Post 3463630)
Veeeeeeery nice :bow: How do you like it. Always wondered what the power of the DBS compared to. I have a 05 CL65 with the Renntech package and I was considering the DBS but didn't know if I could live without the power of the CL. Or maybe there similar. What do you think since you own one and have driven it? :y :y :y

I'd say that overall the Astons have different power feelings than the Benzs do. I mean don't get me wrong the DBS will plant you in your seat, however when you hit the gas sometimes from a higher gear it doesn't seem to have as much thrust as the big V12tts or the Kompressor V8s due to the difference in torque even though the DBS picks up speed very quickly. The DBS is a very precise handling car and I really enjoy driving it long distance because it really is designed to be a touring car. The stick is awesome however around town in stop and go the moderately heavy clutch can sometimes been a little burdensome however I solve that by driving one of my automatic vehicles when I know I'll be in stop and go traffic. Also there is the difference in price, I paid 262,000 for the DBS compared to a fully loaded 65 car which as you know usually fetches around 200,000. The price difference I think can really be justified by the presence of the Aston Martin, for example I pull up in my S600 and sometimes even my Maybach (being driven) and both vehicles really don't catch that much attention where as the DBS I pull up and people are whipping out their camera phones and taking pictures of the car. More or less it really depends on what your going to be using the car for. If I was looking for an everyday car with amazing power and great quality I would no questions asked buy a CL65(hence the reason I have an S600), but if I was in the market for a much more engaging drivers car, I'd buy the Aston. Hope this answers your question.

TMC M5 04-12-2009 04:47 PM

The DBS is such a beautiful car and sounds amazing as well. I can totally understand the choice. I wish MB would cut the weight of the CL65 down below 4,000lbs to make it handle more nimbly. :y

Tom

Brent72 04-12-2009 05:30 PM

There are very few cars on the road I find more beautiful in design than my SL55, but the DBS is one of them. Absolutely stunning piece of machinery.

AMG1 04-12-2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3463814)
The DBS is such a beautiful car and sounds amazing as well. I can totally understand the choice. I wish MB would cut the weight of the CL65 down below 4,000lbs to make it handle more nimbly. :y

Tom

I agree, that would really make a big difference in performance.

absent 04-12-2009 07:07 PM

Cheers

Glad you took the manual.
The interior of Automatic looks almost identical to DB9 and gets boring quickly.
You'll never get bored with that chunky lever....:zoom:

1badassbenz 04-12-2009 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AMG1 (Post 3463799)
I'd say that overall the Astons have different power feelings than the Benzs do. I mean don't get me wrong the DBS will plant you in your seat, however when you hit the gas sometimes from a higher gear it doesn't seem to have as much thrust as the big V12tts or the Kompressor V8s due to the difference in torque even though the DBS picks up speed very quickly. The DBS is a very precise handling car and I really enjoy driving it long distance because it really is designed to be a touring car. The stick is awesome however around town in stop and go the moderately heavy clutch can sometimes been a little burdensome however I solve that by driving one of my automatic vehicles when I know I'll be in stop and go traffic. Also there is the difference in price, I paid 262,000 for the DBS compared to a fully loaded 65 car which as you know usually fetches around 200,000. The price difference I think can really be justified by the presence of the Aston Martin, for example I pull up in my S600 and sometimes even my Maybach (being driven) and both vehicles really don't catch that much attention where as the DBS I pull up and people are whipping out their camera phones and taking pictures of the car. More or less it really depends on what your going to be using the car for. If I was looking for an everyday car with amazing power and great quality I would no questions asked buy a CL65(hence the reason I have an S600), but if I was in the market for a much more engaging drivers car, I'd buy the Aston. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks I appreciate your feedback. It's a tough choice as I really really like my CL65. I might just have to go drive a DBS.

sikhkd 04-13-2009 08:05 PM

Nice ride man, love the Astons.

rsr911 04-13-2009 08:50 PM

Even above AMG for me Is Aston Martin

I grew up in England Aston Martin is my ultimate!!:bow::bow:

I am in total awe!!!:bow::bow::bow: Congrats!!!!

HouTxCLS55 04-13-2009 10:56 PM

Hands down the sexiest car on the road. I love the morning mist paint for Aston Martin DBS.

OUTCAST 04-14-2009 10:51 AM

That is a beautiful machine congrads!!!

CA_E55 04-14-2009 02:16 PM

Cheers

So I am the only bloke on the block that is offended by you showing off your DBS????

Just kidding!! – I love that car and admire your guts to go with a manual!! And those seats – do I ever wish AMG had something like that in the SL.

Must be hard in the morning to decide which keys you pick for the day :zoom:

AMG1 04-14-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by CA_E55 (Post 3467341)
So I am the only bloke on the block that is offended by you showing off your DBS????

Just kidding!! – I love that car and admire your guts to go with a manual!! And those seats – do I ever wish AMG had something like that in the SL.

Must be hard in the morning to decide which keys you pick for the day :zoom:

I like your style CA E55 haha, ya the manual is the only way to go with Astons in my opinion. Also on the weekends it gets difficult but during the work week its usually a toss up between the S600, X5, and the TL.

Cheers!

Sunir 04-14-2009 06:57 PM

VERY nice car...one of my favs:D .... you have an impressive list & it must be hard to choose, but looks like you drive 'em all so that's great! :y

I wonder how some folks on here have the cars they do (looks like we have some very successful folks on here), what do you do for a living? Man either I'm in the wrong line of work :eek: or I hope my small business one day does as well as some of you guys :)

AMG1 04-14-2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sunir (Post 3467871)
VERY nice car...one of my favs:D .... you have an impressive list & it must be hard to choose, but looks like you drive 'em all so that's great! :y

I wonder how some folks on here have the cars they do (looks like we have some very successful folks on here), what do you do for a living? Man either I'm in the wrong line of work :eek: or I hope my small business one day does as well as some of you guys :)

I'm in architecture and development. I went to Arch school and began working in a firm then I eventually teamed up with my uncle and began a development business where I design all of the buildings we put up. We do mainly commercial business parks but have partnered up on a few high rise condo projects(ones that were actually sucessful not flops). I wish you the best with your business and hope that the economy doesn't put a whole lot of strain on it.

Best,

AMG1

Sunir 04-14-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by AMG1 (Post 3467906)
I'm in architecture and development. I went to Arch school and began working in a firm then I eventually teamed up with my uncle and began a development business where I design all of the buildings we put up. We do mainly commercial business parks but have partnered up on a few high rise condo projects(ones that were actually sucessful not flops). I wish you the best with your business and hope that the economy doesn't put a whole lot of strain on it.

Best,

AMG1

Thanks AMG 1 I appreciate your kind words....looks like you've done very well:y

I started a small business in Facility IT, C/M, and Engineering Services three years ago when I was 29, we are still small (I'm a '98 grad BSEE from Virginia Tech). We deal with A&E, MEP engineering services and we've teamed with several achitectural firms inc. HOK and some others. We also do C/M work and provide IT services in the physical, network, and apps layers of facilities and infrastructure related projects. Clients are mostly federal but include a couple of local commercial outfits. The economy of course has had an effect on our business like most, but we are still pushing ahead doing what we can to adapt, we've had some tough times and had to cut costs, and then again we've had to make changes and take on new challenges...

Hopefully one day I'll have a stable like yours! Until then I can only admire such a nice choice of fine autos:)

dave3191 04-14-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AMG1 (Post 3467906)

Best,

AMG1

Hey AMG1, sounds like things are still building in Vegas, that's good to hear! I'm a builder in the Phoenix, Scottsdale area and here in the Valley of the Sun have really felt these economic troublesome times to say the least! Especially the residential market! Luckily we have been around for a while and our specialty is very upscale builds and for some reason this market is still in play! But I do feel for all of the people that this has impacted!

dave3191 04-14-2009 10:45 PM

Oh and by the way, I really like your new Aston DBS!!! This is one car that I would like to add to the collection for sure!!:y:y

AMG1 04-14-2009 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by dave3191 (Post 3468258)
Hey AMG1, sounds like things are still building in Vegas, that's good to hear! I'm a builder in the Phoenix, Scottsdale area and here in the Valley of the Sun have really felt these economic troublesome times to say the least! Especially the residential market! Luckily we have been around for a while and our specialty is very upscale builds and for some reason this market is still in play! But I do feel for all of the people that this has impacted!

Actually out here we've really been hit, however we've been able to stay afloat due to quite a few years of high net profits. However our operation isn't dormant, currently we have 3 new business parks going up however when we build we use cash so we really don't have to worry about the loans so if we don't get tenants then as you know we can just sit on the buildings and wait for the market to come around. However in light of all this disaster I do see a few good signs of prosperity in the near future however I believe it will take quite a long time before we get back to where we were this time last year.

Cheers my friend,

Taylor

AMG1 04-14-2009 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dave3191 (Post 3468267)
Oh and by the way, I really like your new Aston DBS!!! This is one car that I would like to add to the collection for sure!!:y:y

Thanks for the kind words dave, if you ever get around to buying one I'm positive you won't be disappointed.

Best

AMG1 04-14-2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sunir (Post 3467940)
Thanks AMG 1 I appreciate your kind words....looks like you've done very well:y

I started a small business in Facility IT, C/M, and Engineering Services three years ago when I was 29, we are still small (I'm a '98 grad BSEE from Virginia Tech). We deal with A&E, MEP engineering services and we've teamed with several achitectural firms inc. HOK and some others. We also do C/M work and provide IT services in the physical, network, and apps layers of facilities and infrastructure related projects. Clients are mostly federal but include a couple of local commercial outfits. The economy of course has had an effect on our business like most, but we are still pushing ahead doing what we can to adapt, we've had some tough times and had to cut costs, and then again we've had to make changes and take on new challenges...

Hopefully one day I'll have a stable like yours! Until then I can only admire such a nice choice of fine autos:)

As have we with the changing economic climate, for instance we used to have a design staff which I head up of about 40 now were down to 12. Wow HOK I sure have a great deal of respect for them, they have a great office in St. Louis and have been so successful in their practices around the world. Once again I wish you the best.