SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: WHY!?!//!!!ONE!?!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Originally Posted by AreL11
People do it because they're just c*cksuckers, in general.
That pretty much sums it up. There are just a lot of douchebags out there unfortunately and that's why I never leave my SL in a parking lot.

Last edited by Brent72; 06-30-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

09 CLK550
Dude i fell you i always buy black cars because i love the way they look after i detail them. Many times i pull in at the mall where there is about 2000 empty spots and park in the middle as far away from the door as possible, guess what some a hole in a ****ty *** car parks so close to me i bet he had to come out his passenger door.
Many people are just ****ed in the head for no reason.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
living vicariusly through you? felt the need to rub fenders with the chosen few? one can only guess.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
What a moron. I've seen this and experienced it far too many times and I really don't know why people do it. It pisses me off so bad that one time it was so bad that I actually keyed their car because I could hardly get in mine. At least be happy your situation was not like this:

http://orgmonkey.marie-kennedy.com/w...1/sp_a0054.jpg

Or this: http://www.shawnandjannette.com/blog...es/parking.jpg

PS. Your car/rims look sick!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Akademiks
At least I'm not alone. And what fine automobile decided to grace Shamu with it's presence?

And as for the end spot to the right, there was some molester van parked next to it when I first arrived. Kinda reminded me of the ones we had rollin' around Slauson and Vermont selling "fresh produce" out the rear, which includes but is not limited to corn, celery and lucas. So naturally, I avoided parking next to the it.

Next time this happens to any of you, take a picture so it can ease my mind knowing I'm not alone.
Well it was a Volvo wagon and I was still in my car. I parked way out away from the business office I was visiting. I backed in and she parked to my right. She got out and then went the to rear passenger side door and took out her baby. I cringed in my car but no door ding... whew. Then she moved to the passenger seat to get something out and with her baby in hand, the door flew open and ding!!!! We had a winner. I got out of my car and held my composure and said:

"excuse me did you see my car and I understand you have a baby but please be careful"

I then proceeded to check the M6 and it appeared ok. (later when home I found a very small ding) But she had to make a comment or a few that drove me ape sh.t.

"Im sorry but Im a business owner here and its a just a car" and I retorted:

"Its property that I own and I'm a vendor of a business here so you should show respect for others property. What if I broke the glass on your Volvo? Would you be mad or is it just a car still?"

She then continued to say:

"Im a business owner here, Im sorry"

People that have crappy cars just dont understand or respect the time and hard work that members here have put in to purchase these rides. At the end of the day its just a car to some but it still cost 100k and that is not money that comes easy nor should the car be subject to damage because "its just a car".
Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 PM

2003 C32 AMG
I had my car parked in a parking lot and was just standing outside talking to one of my buddies, and there was this car parked next to me and it wasn't too close or anything however the guy opened his door and lightly 'placed' it on my door. So I walk over and I'm like wtf man. He's like oh come on I hardly hit it. Then I told him that there was NO need to have his door anywhere near mine, and a few other things I would rather spare to say on here. People just have no courtesy. Makes me wonder how a person with an exotic car would handle it. Then again most people notice exotics a lot more and are more careful?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 cls550 x 2, 2008 clk350 cab, 1990 300sl
her you go... it happens to me all the time so i keep a stack of these in my glove box at all times.

hope this helps

Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by deloreandriven
her you go... it happens to me all the time so i keep a stack of these in my glove box at all times.

hope this helps

That's cool. I'm going to copy + paste some.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Geo3
Yes, happens to me frequently (just like the advert on TV - empty car park, car parks in middle, and old junker has to squeeze in as close as possible).

I believe it is usually someone who cares little for their own vehicle, has a vehicle only because they need A to B transport, don't like driving, and really don't like the fact that someone else has a "perceived to be expensive", well-cared-for car. They just want to be difficult.

Human nature is a strange animal, and you will never change those people.

Unfortunately, due to this, I have started to selfishly park at an angle in the parking spot, but at the furthest away spot in the lot. Sometimes, it still makes no difference. That's life, I guess.....Geo.
Yeah, that's the thing though if I do park taking multiple spots there's always some one over there thinking: "Oh, so because he has a nice car regular parking rules don't apply to him.", and around in circles we go!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
My thoughts were why you didn't take the end spot, but I understand now.

My secret has always been to park far away and throw the car cover on. Before I started covering the cars, I would get the idiot brigade parking next to me. After I started covering, nothing. They probably figure that I am crazier than they are! And they just stay away!

Take it easy and don't have a stroke! Its just not worth it!
I see your point, but come on honestly you don't put the car cover on when you go in 7-Eleven for a bearclaw and a Red Bull now do you?

I been thinking about that though...
Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by CA_E55
So what do you guys do when you have the roof down, which is supposedly most of the time, and you need to run into a store for a few minutes? close the roof? crank up the windows? none of the above?

I am mostly scared that some low life would shrow a cigarette butt into the car and burn a hole in the leather, or a soda, or something destructive that I cant even imagine....
I had a friend who owned a NSX of some sort-- very nicely built, spent over 50K in mods and what have you, and we had went for dinner at a Macaroni Grill with a couple friends one night and when we got out upon walking up to his car we noticed it was covered in rice-- and yes, it was a convertible. The rice was everywhere, even the A/C vents. I don't know what sick joy these tools get from wrecking other people's cars but I would love to catch one of them in action.

Kinda reminds me of the clown who did a "JDM" pose on this SLR in Vegas I think it was...
Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Brent72
That pretty much sums it up. There are just a lot of douchebags out there unfortunately and that's why I never leave my SL in a parking lot.
So what you take it with you in the building?

You have to leave the car in the parking lot at one time or another.

Originally Posted by BLKCLK550
Dude i fell you i always buy black cars because i love the way they look after i detail them. Many times i pull in at the mall where there is about 2000 empty spots and park in the middle as far away from the door as possible, guess what some a hole in a ****ty *** car parks so close to me i bet he had to come out his passenger door.
Many people are just ****ed in the head for no reason.
I think there is reasoning-- I refuse to believe some people are just so inconsiderate and stupid. I really ought to politely ask the next individual who enters my space-bubble.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by AMG Child
What a moron. I've seen this and experienced it far too many times and I really don't know why people do it. It pisses me off so bad that one time it was so bad that I actually keyed their car because I could hardly get in mine. At least be happy your situation was not like this:

http://orgmonkey.marie-kennedy.com/w...1/sp_a0054.jpg

Or this: http://www.shawnandjannette.com/blog...es/parking.jpg

PS. Your car/rims look sick!
Thanks!

And you got to wonder how the hell they get out of the cars parking like that... JESUS! There, sir, I would have a stroke.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Vic55
Well it was a Volvo wagon and I was still in my car. I parked way out away from the business office I was visiting. I backed in and she parked to my right. She got out and then went the to rear passenger side door and took out her baby. I cringed in my car but no door ding... whew. Then she moved to the passenger seat to get something out and with her baby in hand, the door flew open and ding!!!! We had a winner. I got out of my car and held my composure and said:

"excuse me did you see my car and I understand you have a baby but please be careful"

I then proceeded to check the M6 and it appeared ok. (later when home I found a very small ding) But she had to make a comment or a few that drove me ape sh.t.

"Im sorry but Im a business owner here and its a just a car" and I retorted:

"Its property that I own and I'm a vendor of a business here so you should show respect for others property. What if I broke the glass on your Volvo? Would you be mad or is it just a car still?"

She then continued to say:

"Im a business owner here, Im sorry"

People that have crappy cars just dont understand or respect the time and hard work that members here have put in to purchase these rides. At the end of the day its just a car to some but it still cost 100k and that is not money that comes easy nor should the car be subject to damage because "its just a car".
Christ what a dumb bimbo.

Vic, I gotta hand it to you bro, you handled the situation better then I would've. Her reaction alone would've driven me over the edge-- as if her hitting the car to begin with wouldn't of done the trick.

What a response... And wtf does her being a business owner in that complex have to do with her damaging your property? In anger, I very likely would've kicked her car after that retarded comment and said:

"I'm a vendor for a business here, and the Volvos just a car."
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned

SL600
I had my car parked in a parking lot and was just standing outside talking to one of my buddies, and there was this car parked next to me and it wasn't too close or anything however the guy opened his door and lightly 'placed' it on my door. So I walk over and I'm like wtf man. He's like oh come on I hardly hit it. Then I told him that there was NO need to have his door anywhere near mine, and a few other things I would rather spare to say on here. People just have no courtesy. Makes me wonder how a person with an exotic car would handle it. Then again most people notice exotics a lot more and are more careful?
Don't bet on it. If anything, I think the nicer the car, the more of an idiot you happen to attract. I don't know if they really like to live vicariously through us like someone her already mentioned, or if it's just unintentional but it does **** me off.

I just... whoooooooooosaaaaahhhhhh....
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 PM

04 SL55 AMG
... It pisses me off so bad that one time it was so bad that I actually keyed their car because I could hardly get in mine...
Not cool... no matter how mad you get, you shouldn't damage their car.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Originally Posted by sjcsl55
Not cool... no matter how mad you get, you shouldn't damage their car.

Plus that comes back onto you one way or another, bro.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:56 AM

2010 S600 sold
How rude!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:29 AM

SL55
So what you take it with you in the building?

You have to leave the car in the parking lot at one time or another.

The SL is taken out for drives and then put right back in the garage. I have other cars that pull daily duty so the SL never has to be put in situations like these.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 AM

Maybe it was a woman or a handicapped person who wanted to park closer to the walkway. Or a man who parked close to admire your shiny car.

Last edited by Dans_SL; 07-01-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Dans_SL
Listen, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes (except perfectionist you) so why overreact? The Jeep didn’t scratch your car… You need to chill…. You need to put yourself in their shoes... I mean suppose the Jeep driver was a woman or handicapped, maybe he or she wanted the first parking spot, or easier access to the walkway, maybe he or she likes the first spot so his or her car can't be scratched too. Maybe he parked next to you to admire your museum quality shiny car. Why assume the worst in people? You need to care more about humanity (other people) than about yourself and how shiny and perfect your car can be. Always put people first before any property. Look, the Jeep never even touched your car and you’re already taking pictures, stalking the driver, holding a baseball bat and feeling road rage… Road rage solves nothing, and it will be difficult to Menzerna, Wolfgang, and Rotary-Flex the blood stains off your car (from prison), so chill and drive safe.
Well aren't you just a saint.

Are you stupid? Very serious question, because if you logically think about this, you can not come to the conclusion you've spelled out. Firstly, if it was indeed a gimp, wouldn't you figure he/she would have a harder time getting out of their car with only inches to spare, versus parking somewhere else and being able to freely swing their door open? Furthermore, gender is irrelevant here-- an idiot is an idiot. And further still, you needn't park inches from my car to admire it. And even further still, call me selfish new-money if you must but my car comes before a ding bat and their Jeep.

Why am I so mad? Because last time this happened in my Audi A4 (even though it was just an entry level of a car), it cost ME money to fix it-- not the tool who hit me in their '94 Corolla S. When you want to start paying for my repair bills due to the careless nature of these fools, then you can start telling me how to react when people park around my property with utter disregard for it's condition.

You call this a mistake? And I should look out for humanity? And not care about my property/personal belongings-- which I bust *** for? You sir, are crazy.

Earth calling, Dans_SL. You must be one of these moronic people, thank you for giving me some insight into the thought process behind pissing off the other 99% of people who care about their property which they've worked hard for!

A) I'm not stalking the driver, B) I can take pictures whenever I damn well please, C) I had no baseball bat and lastly, D) road rage is when I'm on the road driving, not in a parking lot. This is probably parking lot rage, if you must label it.

For the love of God... I guess I'm just a selfish person who cares about my belongings, a true sinner if there ever was one!

And finally, violence sometimes solves problems-- I don't care what you or any shrink says. Bottling up your anger leads to school shootings and mall massacres.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Brent72
The SL is taken out for drives and then put right back in the garage. I have other cars that pull daily duty so the SL never has to be put in situations like these.
Good man!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I usually do, but there's a little walkway to the front-right of the jeep that is not visible in the pics which pedestrians use; I don't want to be parked there and have some careless bimbo running to catch the bus scratch my car with her knock off Louis Vuitton purse, or something of the like.

So if there is no such walkway and the spot is available, I take it. This just wasn't the case.

EDIT: And in any event, wtf I had the whole parking lot to choose from, why do I have to justify my spot-- he's the idiot who came second and decided to squeeze his Jurassic Park creation next to my car when he could've parked in any of the other 100 spots available.
I'm 100% with you Akademiks. Been through it a few times. Crazy people in this world. For those who are giving you negative feedback, just look at the damn pictures...I mean this person really need to squeeze in, you can barely open the door. Come on people, there are good excuses but how desperate can you be to squeeze in so tight.

Last edited by apdesign; 07-01-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Well aren't you just a saint.

Are you stupid? Very serious question, because if you logically think about this, you can not come to the conclusion you've spelled out. Firstly, if it was indeed a gimp, wouldn't you figure he/she would have a harder time getting out of their car with only inches to spare, versus parking somewhere else and being able to freely swing their door open? Furthermore, gender is irrelevant here-- an idiot is an idiot. And further still, you needn't park inches from my car to admire it. And even further still, call me selfish new-money if you must but my car comes before a ding bat and their Jeep.

Why am I so mad? Because last time this happened in my Audi A4 (even though it was just an entry level of a car), it cost ME money to fix it-- not the tool who hit me in their '94 Corolla S. When you want to start paying for my repair bills due to the careless nature of these fools, then you can start telling me how to react when people park around my property with utter disregard for it's condition.

You call this a mistake? And I should look out for humanity? And not care about my property/personal belongings-- which I bust *** for? You sir, are crazy.

Earth calling, Dans_SL. You must be one of these moronic people, thank you for giving me some insight into the thought process behind pissing off the other 99% of people who care about their property which they've worked hard for!

A) I'm not stalking the driver, B) I can take pictures whenever I damn well please, C) I had no baseball bat and lastly, D) road rage is when I'm on the road driving, not in a parking lot. This is probably parking lot rage, if you must label it.

For the love of God... I guess I'm just a selfish person who cares about my belongings, a true sinner if there ever was one!

And finally, violence sometimes solves problems-- I don't care what you or any shrink says. Bottling up your anger leads to school shootings and mall massacres.
Dans SL, was probably the driver of the Jeep, LOL
Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Banned

09 CLK550
Akademics i would park next to you because i am as **** about my black car as you are, that way i know 2 selfish *******s are parked next to each other =D

imagine this was your SL

omfg this **** is just 2 ****ing funny!!!

Last edited by BLKCLK550; 07-01-2009 at 04:14 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.