SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: WHY!?!//!!!ONE!?!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by charles pearson
Dans SL, was probably the driver of the Jeep, LOL

I thought about that! lol
Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by BLKCLK550
Akademics i would park next to you because i am as **** about my black car as you are, that way i know 2 selfish *******s are parked next to each other =D

imagine this was your SL

omfg this **** is just 2 ****ing funny!!!

Oh god, how the hell did he squeeze that Saturn in there!? Sometimes I see these pictures and I'm really saddened believing some people can be that stupid!

If I'm honest, if I come out of P.F. Chang's and find a CL65 or Murcielago taking refuge next to me, I wouldn't mind so much; I would take solace in knowing they more then likely care about their vehicles as much as I care about mine and should they hit my car, I would know they would be more inclined to leave a note then the average bloke in their 2001 Taurus.

Alas, it's a rare occasion when I come out of anywhere and see a nice, expensive car next to mine. You can always tell who the enthusiasts are-- high-end custom wheels of some sort, blacked out badges, immaculate paint job, sittin' low, mirrors usually folded in, etc. If I go somewhere and every good spot is taken, I usually try to find something nice to park next to to further reduce the risk of winning the ding-lotto.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Akademiks
if it was indeed a gimp
what a nice young man you are. perhaps the owner of the Jeep is just sending around what goes around?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 PM

SL55
I think I have an answer for you as to why that person parked next to you. It might be mild OCD, in that they see a big wide open space and have a mild dilemma as to where to park. They can't pick just one open space in a sea of spaces, so they instinctively revert to social mechanics and pull in close to another person, which also feels like they have efficiently and neatly placed themselves in an orderly fashion.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW

If I'm honest, if I come out of P.F. Chang's and find a CL65 or Murcielago taking refuge next to me, I wouldn't mind so much; I would take solace in knowing they more then likely care about their vehicles as much as I care about mine and should they hit my car, I would know they would be more inclined to leave a note then the average bloke in their 2001 Taurus.

Alas, it's a rare occasion when I come out of anywhere and see a nice, expensive car next to mine. You can always tell who the enthusiasts are-- high-end custom wheels of some sort, blacked out badges, immaculate paint job, sittin' low, mirrors usually folded in, etc. If I go somewhere and every good spot is taken, I usually try to find something nice to park next to to further reduce the risk of winning the ding-lotto.
First....don't be eating at pf chengs...

now that's out the way I agree with how annoying it is when people park next to you...it happens to me too and even happens when I'm visiting friends abroad....the problem is a pandemic.

The only part I disagree with is that I'm happy WHENEVER a nice rare car parks next to mine....be it an RS4, ML63, Z06 or Scuderia. I don't think they need to have modded the car to be an enthusiast...so long as it isn't all dented up then you can tell it's not housewife's lease!

The reason I'm happy is I know that side is protected and take them parking next to me as a compliment...I also park next to nice cars (if the parking lot is empty I'll leave a space in between) to protect one side of mine and so I can admire the two beasts together.

-Rob
Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by adidadi
I think I have an answer for you as to why that person parked next to you. It might be mild OCD, in that they see a big wide open space and have a mild dilemma as to where to park. They can't pick just one open space in a sea of spaces, so they instinctively revert to social mechanics and pull in close to another person, which also feels like they have efficiently and neatly placed themselves in an orderly fashion.
I could see that-- but to everyone? I'm obviously not alone and find mild OCD pretty hard to believe. But that could definitely be a reason!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by transferred
First....don't be eating at pf chengs...

now that's out the way I agree with how annoying it is when people park next to you...it happens to me too and even happens when I'm visiting friends abroad....the problem is a pandemic.

The only part I disagree with is that I'm happy WHENEVER a nice rare car parks next to mine....be it an RS4, ML63, Z06 or Scuderia. I don't think they need to have modded the car to be an enthusiast...so long as it isn't all dented up then you can tell it's not housewife's lease!

The reason I'm happy is I know that side is protected and take them parking next to me as a compliment...I also park next to nice cars (if the parking lot is empty I'll leave a space in between) to protect one side of mine and so I can admire the two beasts together.

-Rob
First-- why no P.F. Chang's? I seriously love that place. What information do you have that's going to make me bust a 180?

And I agree with you what you said in the last two paragraphs. Though first you say your not happy-- then you are? Or you are for different reasons? I didn't catch that... regardless, I do take it as a compliment as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
what a nice young man you are. perhaps the owner of the Jeep is just sending around what goes around?
Gimp:

–noun
1. a limp.
2. a person who limps; lame person.

–verb (used without object)
3. to limp; walk in a halting manner: a sprain that made her gimp for weeks.

/End lesson.

Go also tell your karma theory to who wrote the dictionary. In no way was I disrespecting gimps, handicaps, seniors, mentally challenged or any other disadvantaged person you can name. I used a word associated generally with the handicapped. Calm down, amused.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Dodge Viper, 2006 SL55
The same crap happens to me and the only reason I can give those morons is that they think that by parking their POS next to a very nice car is that their POS won't get stolen.

This happened to me in a church parking lot. I parked my Z06 in the last slot before the corner. Think of an L-shaped parking lot so it was my Z, the tight but open corner space and then another car. Someone thought they could park their POS in the corner slot and made every attempt to do so. The back corner bumper and rear quarter panel was dented and scratched. I saw red paint marks so I immediately looked for a red car in the parking lot. There were two red cars with Mexican plates and all 4 corners of their bumpers were scratched so I couldn't tell who did it. Very upsetting but like my wife told me, what goes around comes around.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
I think that we all need to take a breather here, dang. It appears to me that a few of us are ready to go to blows with one another over this parking situation, that only really involves two other people, one who happens to be a member for that fact, the other an absent minded individual who can not decide were to park in a wide open parking lot. Anyway let's all just get along here, it's not that serious Brother's.

Last edited by charles pearson; 07-01-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by adidadi
DING DING DING, we have a winner. Most people don't care that much about their cars. They see them as a means of transportation. They put little thought into the car they drive and even less into where they park. The parking spot isn't their destination, the mall or the restaurant is.

In any situation that we don't put much thought into, natural instincts dominate decision making.

adidadi are you a psychologist?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:01 PM

SL55
No, but I am I think I can be good at understanding human behavior ;-)
Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gimp:

–noun
1. a limp.
2. a person who limps; lame person.

–verb (used without object)
3. to limp; walk in a halting manner: a sprain that made her gimp for weeks.

/End lesson.

Go also tell your karma theory to who wrote the dictionary. In no way was I disrespecting gimps, handicaps, seniors, mentally challenged or any other disadvantaged person you can name. I used a word associated generally with the handicapped. Calm down, amused.
imagine, you telling me to calm down
Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Banned

SL600
imagine, you telling me to calm down
So, what's your reason? Another righteous one? Spare me.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So, what's your reason? Another righteous one? Spare me.
my reason for what, Mr. 11?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Banned

SL600
my reason for what, Mr. 11?
Criticizing me for using the word "gimp", or criticizing me because I get mad when people squeeze next to me? That suddenly sets out bad karma?

Originally Posted by chiurw
The same crap happens to me and the only reason I can give those morons is that they think that by parking their POS next to a very nice car is that their POS won't get stolen.

This happened to me in a church parking lot. I parked my Z06 in the last slot before the corner. Think of an L-shaped parking lot so it was my Z, the tight but open corner space and then another car. Someone thought they could park their POS in the corner slot and made every attempt to do so. The back corner bumper and rear quarter panel was dented and scratched. I saw red paint marks so I immediately looked for a red car in the parking lot. There were two red cars with Mexican plates and all 4 corners of their bumpers were scratched so I couldn't tell who did it. Very upsetting but like my wife told me, what goes around comes around.
Whaaaa... way to overreact! I can't believe you would get mad over something like this, it's just a car.

F-that, I'm surprised you did nothing. Should of at least called to police or see if there was a security camera anywhere which might have caught the dweebs in action.

Originally Posted by charles pearson
I think that we all need to take a breather here, dang. It appears to me that a few of us are ready to go to blows with one another over this parking situation, that only really involves two other people, one who happens to be a member for that fact, the other an absent minded individual who can not decide were to park in a wide open parking lot. Anyway let's all just get along here, it's not that serious Brother's.
Everyone's getting along fine-- even with the people who tell me how to react/care for my property like they are the ones paying for it.

It's just really frustrating. You spend so much time taking care of your car, you pour so much money into it, only to have a careless moron with "mild OCD" ding your door and reply with "It's just a car." And then people wonder why you get mad over "a car"... on a car forum no less.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM

2008 SL55
I told you I feel your pain. My typical parking space.....Enjoy
Sorry for the bad pic quality, bberry camera sucks.
Attached Thumbnails WHY!?!//!!!ONE!?!!-img00005-20090702-0933.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
First-- why no P.F. Chang's? I seriously love that place. What information do you have that's going to make me bust a 180?

And I agree with you what you said in the last two paragraphs. Though first you say your not happy-- then you are? Or you are for different reasons? I didn't catch that... regardless, I do take it as a compliment as well.
I was just busting ya ballz

I'm not happy when it's a battered Camry driven by someone who has no respect for their car....they should give me space since I clearly want it. I'm 6'3" 230s and but there's always someone tougher so I leave it alone unless damage has been done- been lucky in that regard which is a miracle. The instance where I like/don't mind ppl parking close is ltd only to rare cars in good condition- hope that's clearer....on my treo...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM

04 SL55 (sold),05 SL55, 09 SL63, 07 C2S cab Porsche,
I asked someone once why they parked next to my car like that . Their response was they figured someone in a nice car like my SL would not open the door and bang their car. Although, we figure that their car may be a POS. To them it may mean a great deal more.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
I still would like to hear an answer on Akademics question about why no PF Changs?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Xeron
I asked someone once why they parked next to my car like that . Their response was they figured someone in a nice car like my SL would not open the door and bang their car. Although, we figure that their car may be a POS. To them it may mean a great deal more.
Here's the where the confusion can begin. If the car is brand new or well looked after, a Honda can park it up....still wonder they'd feel the need in an empty lot like the one Akademiks and others have pictured

it's cars with multiple scratches and dents should stay the F away.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM

2006 Dodge Viper, 2006 SL55

Whaaaa... way to overreact! I can't believe you would get mad over something like this, it's just a car.

F-that, I'm surprised you did nothing. Should of at least called to police or see if there was a security camera anywhere which might have caught the dweebs in action.
My blood did boil over and I was looking to beat the sh** out of the car and person who did it. The problems were: the church did not have security cameras and the police do not handle "minor" stuff like this since it happened in a private parking lot. To make things worse, if I could have proven that it was one of the red cars there with Mexican plates, the majority of them don't even carry insurance.