MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   SLK-Class (R170) (https://mbworld.org/forums/slk-class-r170-8/)
-   -   SLK/R170: SLK - A car for ladies? (https://mbworld.org/forums/slk-class-r170/15626-slk-car-ladies.html)

Serhanium 08-23-2002 11:04 AM

SLK - A car for ladies?

Hi there ,
I own a SLK 200 kompressor
I have a question as usual :)

1 - What is the user profile of SLK ?
What i see around me is lots of women driving SLK
Is this the goal of MB sales department?

2 - I dont have a complex but i like to think in a detailed , different way and i want to share my ideas with you.Now
As a male driver - what do you think if others look "gaze""
when you are driving your SLK or drive closer to you to see the driver.
- I am handsome thats why they look
- My car looks damn good thats why
- We both look good
- Maybe they think a woman drives it thats why they want
to see inside or drive closer with great expectations.

So whats your opinion about the things i listed.
The last possibility makes me sick coz there are too much female SLK drivers around.Especially if you are a male with a long hair you will end up in a point where you get off the car and show your ..to those b******s.
What do you think about my analysis (mostly for crowded towns , big cities also places where there are lots of female Slk drivers)
So when some car gets closer and they look at you (also inside) , do you feel like you are a good looking guy with a good car?
Or do you think those *******s said ""Damn , not a chick""

Only parts reflects the masculinity in (SLK) are the clutch and manual transmission ?

Pr0wler 08-23-2002 11:45 AM

Well..... hmmm... Yeah! I dont care what they think! Im riding in MY cool car and c'mon let's face it The SLK draws a lot of attention.

If i see one i think "Yep it sure is a good looking car" and if i then happen to spot that the driver is a female well then my second thought goes to her......

Well the car always comes first! and if the guys wants to look at you, well let'em.

Analyze thiz!

;) Ride 'n be proud!

Brian_R170 08-23-2002 11:51 PM

Re: SLK - A car for ladies?

Originally posted by Serhanium
no offense, im very sorry about the language but i think we are all over 16 huh?
Not what I would have guessed.

jay_slk 08-24-2002 04:29 PM

before i purchased mine, i was under the assumption that miatas, slk's and z3 all look best when a woman is driving them.

but now that i own one, i think differently. but i do believe that the perception of the slk = feminine.

the sl on the other hand = masculine.

the same thing with the c320 = feminine

the e320 = masculine

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...060_3_full.jpg

Serhanium 10-23-2002 10:47 AM

Your Car is a 3rd kind:)))

No offense Jay..i like your style!except the rims !Peace ;)
(So there is no doubt that your car looks other than feminine with those rims.)
Maybe with some more chrome on different parts it would look better..

beantownrich 10-23-2002 10:57 AM

Re: reply

Originally posted by jay_slk
before i purchased mine, i was under the assumption that miatas, slk's and z3 all look best when a woman is driving them.

but now that i own one, i think differently. but i do believe that the perception of the slk = feminine.

the sl on the other hand = masculine.

the same thing with the c320 = feminine

the e320 = masculine

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...060_3_full.jpg

Hey Jay, did I see on MBNZ that you're trying to sell those rims? Good move! :D

Anyway, I rarely see a guy in a SLK230, and almost never see a woman in a SLK32(0). It's hard to imagine that this has anything to do with marketing, as I have never seen an SLK commercial in the US... but then maybe that's because I'm not the targeted audience. I just think there are some very smart women out there! :)

LAMAY123 10-23-2002 03:33 PM

Re: Re: reply

[i]Originally posted by beantownrich I have never seen an SLK commercial in the US... but then maybe that's because I'm not the targeted audience.
I've seen plenty of MB commericals on TV. However, out of all, I love the ones they did on the SLK.

There's one commerical of a SLK sitting under a very cloudy sky. Then, the hard top started to retract back up and the background is singing, "It's gonna rain, it's gonna rain. Oh ya, it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain. Halleluiah, it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain....."

I've only seen this commercial once. Has anybody seen it? It is so cute and just want to share with all you SLK lovers!

xyzpl 10-29-2002 09:57 PM

It's kind of weird, I always thought Z3 and the SLK were kind of "Femme"... and I would suspect that more woman drives them..

But as far as I can tell, I live in LA area, 8 out of 10 SLK's are men, and the Z3 is about an even split...

HardyCanard 04-30-2019 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by LAMAY123 (Post 180659)
I've seen plenty of MB commericals on TV. However, out of all, I love the ones they did on the SLK.

There's one commerical of a SLK sitting under a very cloudy sky. Then, the hard top started to retract back up and the background is singing, "It's gonna rain, it's gonna rain. Oh ya, it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain. Halleluiah, it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain....."

I've only seen this commercial once. Has anybody seen it? It is so cute and just want to share with all you SLK lovers!

My reply is nearly 17 years delayed but, YES, I remember that commercial --also saw it only **once**-- because the song (by one of my favorite bands, Violent Femmes) caught my ear.
is from their second album, Hallowed Ground, released 1984. Despite extensive websearches, your post is the only reference I can find confirming the existence of the commercial — I was beginning to think I’d dreamt it.

My suspicion is that the commercial somehow got “greenlit” and produced without securing the use of the song and (once it aired) was immediately yanked from circulation due to a cease & desist order… just a theory.

Toolatenow 05-06-2019 12:26 PM

Thank you! Love it! But then I'm a female SLK 320 owner, and I named my baby "Lil Man"!