Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63 White/Black
Daytime pics of my new DPE

Here are some daytime pics as per request

For those who haven't seen my old pics, check out R171 picture thread above
Attached Thumbnails Daytime pics of my new DPE-dsc00408.jpg   Daytime pics of my new DPE-dsc00421.jpg   Daytime pics of my new DPE-dsc00416.jpg   Daytime pics of my new DPE-dsc00432.jpg   Daytime pics of my new DPE-dsc00429.jpg  

Last edited by SaRiDi; 03-30-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Nice Saridi, looks like you have no lip up front? Anyway, I went to get my fenders rolled and the tire shop I took it to didn't do it b/c they said it's already rolled in the rear and can't be rolled anymore. Do you know what your offsets are? both front and rear, I'm going to get DCR to fit it. It rubs the inner fender and can be annoying at times. Thanks .
Old 03-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
SaRiDi, so is the C Class gone? The SLK looks awesome! Have you seen my grille? Inspired by your fmm grille that was color matched all around (except for the chrome star).

Anyways, keep us updated with your car upgrade!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:42 PM

09 C63 White/Black
Originally Posted by Ynot
Nice Saridi, looks like you have no lip up front? Anyway, I went to get my fenders rolled and the tire shop I took it to didn't do it b/c they said it's already rolled in the rear and can't be rolled anymore. Do you know what your offsets are? both front and rear, I'm going to get DCR to fit it. It rubs the inner fender and can be annoying at times. Thanks .
There is only about 1/2" lip upfront, cuz I asked DPE to build the rims for SLK55 offset. So now I can do AMG 6-piston BBK upgrade anytime

I am not sure about the offset, but if what I heard from DPE, tires is the key here to prevent rubbing.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Very Nice!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by SaRiDi
There is only about 1/2" lip upfront, cuz I asked DPE to build the rims for SLK55 offset. So now I can do AMG 6-piston BBK upgrade anytime

I am not sure about the offset, but if what I heard from DPE, tires is the key here to prevent rubbing.
Nittos and Toyos are the same, so we have the same size, your offset should be on your receipt, my rears sticks out a little more than yours (from your pics), so I know my wheels could be moved back a bit more, if I could get the right offset, I will tell DCR about it, otherwise they will have to re-measure it.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:24 PM

09 C63 White/Black
Nope, there is no info about offset on the receipt. Guess they just want to keep it as a secret :p
Old 03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Nope, there is no info about offset on the receipt. Guess they just want to keep it as a secret :p
Damn, anybody else with DPE's 10" rears wants to answer the question?
Old 03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
that looks great man!

I wish I could do that, going from a C to an SLK... Hopefully soon!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
that looks great man!

I wish I could do that, going from a C to an SLK... Hopefully soon!
Just a matter of time brotha!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:52 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Very nice, well done.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:07 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by Ynot
Damn, anybody else with DPE's 10" rears wants to answer the question?
Nope, not cause I dont want to answer the question. Like Saridi, I don't have the answer.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by dsb
Nope, not cause I dont want to answer the question. Like Saridi, I don't have the answer.
Same here. I even called DPE to ask about the offset but looks like they didnt wanna share, their customer service is really friendly though. Btw, I have 19x10 too on the rear and it rubs occasionally (when I hit a dip or bump on a high speed). I have H&R spring only with the thickest pad on the rear. I didnt roll the fender yet but might do it if it's getting annoying. Most of the time, I am the only one in the car doh.

Btw, dsb: I believe you have a set of DPE too on your SLK55. Do you have 19x10 on the rear? do they rub?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 10:33 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by kaze81
Btw, dsb: I believe you have a set of DPE too on your SLK55. Do you have 19x10 on the rear? do they rub?
Thanks
Yes I do have the same size. However, I haven't lowered the car yet with springs. I'm looking somewhere to get it done. I found a shop for $300. Not sure if that's a good price or not. Wherever it's done, I want to watch. If it rubs, I wan't to disassemble the rear again and place larger pads. Is that what you did? Did you install the springs yourself?

Dan
Old 03-31-2006, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by dsb
Yes I do have the same size. However, I haven't lowered the car yet with springs. I'm looking somewhere to get it done. I found a shop for $300. Not sure if that's a good price or not. Wherever it's done, I want to watch. If it rubs, I wan't to disassemble the rear again and place larger pads. Is that what you did? Did you install the springs yourself?

Dan
I brought the car to a aftermarket shop in LA to have the spring install. I mentioned to the mechanic to put the thickest pad cos I am sure with the pad that comes with the car, the rear tire will tuck inside the fender and rub like hell. So, the mechanic did that and I am happy with the result so far. I will have to wait couple weeks again and see what will happen. I hope it wont be worse..cross my fingers.

Please keep us update when you lower your SLK
Old 04-01-2006, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by dsb

Dan
I have 18mm offset in the rear, it's on my receipt, the rear wheels sticks out about 1/4" and the tires do tuck in a little. But it does rub when I hit a dip, bump, and hard corners, that basically mean everytime I drive the car, we don't have perfect roads. It's annoying, it looks too good to raise it back up. I have to send my wheels back to DCR to have it redone. Do your rear sticks out any?

$300 is not bad, that's about right, although you still might be able to find somebody that'll do it for $250, the spring installation is straight forward, so any mechanic can do it. I'm not anything close, and I managed to change it with no problems.

Anyway for those who wants to roll the rear fenders, forget it, it's already rolled to the max from the factory. I took it to a tire shop to roll it earlier this week. And the guy was really honest, he said I could charge you and tell you that I rolled it but there is nothing to roll w/o flaring your fenders, by doing so, it will ruin your paint. I recall Dan(?) with Kleemann TS6, who had a bad experience when he tried to roll his fenders, his paint chipped and had to get it repainted.

I think 10"s is pushing it for the rear, you have to have the perfect offset for it to fit w/o rubbing. For those who are considering 10" rears, better stick with 9.5", there's no room for mistakes with 10"s.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:20 AM

09 C63 White/Black
18mm?? That's obviously stick out way too much....remember the stock SLK55 rear wheel is 18x8.5 with 30mm offset, which already push the wheels so close to fender. There is no way there is extra ~1.25" room (12mm + 0.75") to push out....... I believe the correct offset should be in 30-35mm range.

Last edited by SaRiDi; 04-01-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:32 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Ynot, If you want, I can measure my wheel offset.

The wheels are not on the car currently. I can place a straight edge against the wheel and then measure the offset. It probably wont be exact but would give us a decent idea.

The only problem/question is whether or not the 55 and 350 would require the same offset. Do you think the 55 brake rotors are thicker or stick further out? I'm not certain either way.

Anyways, the offer stands. I can easily measure then you take your wheels off and measure too.

FWIW, I will call MB to get the #4 spring pads. If they can get them quick enough, I will then have the springs installed on Tuesday. I can post updates about the rubbing. I hope they dont but who knows. Also, once the car is aligned, it could rub again. Right? Initially, I was going to install the springs then wait a couple weeks before alignment. Since I purchased the springs used from Dinko, maybe that wait is not necessary.

What are your thoughts?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:01 PM

09 C63 White/Black
Originally Posted by dsb

The only problem/question is whether or not the 55 and 350 would require the same offset. Do you think the 55 brake rotors are thicker or stick further out? I'm not certain either way.
I am using SLK55 offset for my car and works flawlessly, so I would assume it works on 350 as well.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
18mm?? That's obviously stick out way too much....remember the stock SLK55 rear wheel is 18x8.5 with 30mm offset, which already push the wheels so close to fender. There is no way there is extra ~1.25" room (12mm + 0.75") to push out....... I believe the correct offset should be in 30-35mm range.
When I saw the 18mm, I was shock, that it would fit w/o looking like a lowrider, in reality it sticks out a little bit only and only the perfectionist would notice, many ppl think it just looks aggressive. If it didn't rub, I would not send it back. 25mm would probably be perfect.

Originally Posted by dsb
Ynot, If you want, I can measure my wheel offset.

Anyways, the offer stands. I can easily measure then you take your wheels off and measure too.

FWIW, I will call MB to get the #4 spring pads. If they can get them quick enough, I will then have the springs installed on Tuesday. I can post updates about the rubbing. I hope they dont but who knows. Also, once the car is aligned, it could rub again. Right? Initially, I was going to install the springs then wait a couple weeks before alignment. Since I purchased the springs used from Dinko, maybe that wait is not necessary.

What are your thoughts?
Please do, I would love to have it.

The AMG brake calipers are longer and a little thicker in the front, the rear is longer and maybe thicker, so the offset should be only a few mm off.

Please do

Hopefully you don't rub, thicker pads will certainly help, less suspension travel. Yes it could after an alignment but I don't think it needs adjustment. I had mine checked and the mechanic said the rears were perfect, the front needed a minor adjustment. I would still drive it around a week b4 getting an alignment, since you will probably need only a minor alignment, it will not ruin anything.