SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Tune Up Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 350
Tune Up Kit

Hello R171 experts! So I took my 2005 SLK 350 to a mechanic to have the battery cable changed out. He said the car is misfiring (I do feel that happening when I drive it but thought it was maybe electrical related to battery cable) and I could go online and buy a tune up kit and he'd do the labor for me for about $200. The car has 140k miles. I have been keeping up with the oil changes myself and cleaning the engine air filters. Other than that I've done nothing, not taken it for any dealer services A/B/C etc as $$ is always tight. So what exactly is in a tune up kit? Spark plugs but what else and does anyone know of a "kit" that contains all the items for one price? I will confess I am a female with limited time and skill for this stuff so you have to spell it out for me. But let me say thanks as I've learned so much from this forum, how to change my oil, filters, tail lights and simple stuff. You guys rock!!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk55 amg
Originally Posted by NPC3
Hello R171 experts! So I took my 2005 SLK 350 to a mechanic to have the battery cable changed out. He said the car is misfiring (I do feel that happening when I drive it but thought it was maybe electrical related to battery cable) and I could go online and buy a tune up kit and he'd do the labor for me for about $200. The car has 140k miles. I have been keeping up with the oil changes myself and cleaning the engine air filters. Other than that I've done nothing, not taken it for any dealer services A/B/C etc as $$ is always tight. So what exactly is in a tune up kit? Spark plugs but what else and does anyone know of a "kit" that contains all the items for one price? I will confess I am a female with limited time and skill for this stuff so you have to spell it out for me. But let me say thanks as I've learned so much from this forum, how to change my oil, filters, tail lights and simple stuff. You guys rock!!
This link may help, it is the service maintenance manual from Mercedes.
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servi...n-AMG/Gasoline