SLK/R171: Do I Smell a retired troll???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
Do I Smell a retired troll???

https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/92169-slk-55-amg-vs-corvette-not-c6-american-cars-all-suck.html

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but this seems like that kid who 17 bragging about how his car gets all the ladies, etc etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 17 year olds and SLK's seem interesting to me. Wasn't the troll's name SLK 350? Oh well!
Old 01-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK55 AMG; 1999 BMW X5
Lol

LOL yeah they struck me as odd also, how about getting that punk a picture in front of his car? Maybe that will prove some critics. Other than that, i'm skeptical on a 17 y/o driving a brand new SLK 350/55 as well.

PS - You gotta admit, the thread is pretty amusing.

120 MPH? LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Sirius_Investor; 01-01-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added Something
Old 01-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Yes I do have a SLK 55 AMG. Yes I am 17 years old. But I am not that other 16 or 17 year old kid who said he gets the chicks. I did write that forum of the corvette c5 vs me. I will post pictures of my car when it comes back from the dealership. I ordered chrome wheels for my car and the dealership called the company that does business with them and that could do the job. So I took my car to the dealer, the next day they took it to the chome factory business company whatever and they realized that the wheels were different. The reason was because this is a new car and the information has not got around yet. So now it has to wait longer at the dealership (not in the showroom, in the service area protected in a garage) and when the wheels get done they will give me a call. When I get it back, I will take pictures and post them up in the SLK 55 AMG forum and the SLK 350 forum. I would say maybe in a week to a month I will get the car back.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
Originally Posted by SLK 55 AMG
Yes I do have a SLK 55 AMG. Yes I am 17 years old. But I am not that other 16 or 17 year old kid who said he gets the chicks. I did write that forum of the corvette c5 vs me. I will post pictures of my car when it comes back from the dealership. I ordered chrome wheels for my car and the dealership called the company that does business with them and that could do the job. So I took my car to the dealer, the next day they took it to the chome factory business company whatever and they realized that the wheels were different. The reason was because this is a new car and the information has not got around yet. So now it has to wait longer at the dealership (not in the showroom, in the service area protected in a garage) and when the wheels get done they will give me a call. When I get it back, I will take pictures and post them up in the SLK 55 AMG forum and the SLK 350 forum. I would say maybe in a week to a month I will get the car back.
A week to a month? What a great dealership your dealing with!!Why can't you just drive the car while you wait for the chrome wheels to come in? Also, if I recall, in another thread you said that your car already had chrome wheels on it....
Old 01-02-2005, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
Originally Posted by Sirius_Investor
LOL yeah they struck me as odd also, how about getting that punk a picture in front of his car? Maybe that will prove some critics. Other than that, i'm skeptical on a 17 y/o driving a brand new SLK 350/55 as well.

PS - You gotta admit, the thread is pretty amusing.

120 MPH? LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don't understand why people are skeptical for kids having nice cars? At my old high school kids(16-18 year olds) had brand new cars. Such as brand new c classes, 330ci convertibles, range rovers, sl500's, audi's...you name it. In LA its not uncommon at all to see a kid drive a nice car. I will say gowever that i don't believe 99.99% of the things said online.
So SLK55, it doesn't take much to prove you own such a car. Take any soda can and place it by the center consol and take a pic.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by akbro93704
A week to a month? What a great dealership your dealing with!!Why can't you just drive the car while you wait for the chrome wheels to come in? Also, if I recall, in another thread you said that your car already had chrome wheels on it....
Well it took the dealership to get the chrome wheels that I wanted in 15 to 20 days. But since the company that the dealership does business messed up on it, I am guessing that they might make a rush order on my wheels. But also in the first place they messed up with the type of wheel so I am guessing they are looking for it. So thats why I said a week to a month. I just decided to leave the car over there, I told the dealership to check my car like a service check up. They aren't like recording if something went wrong with the car of if it needs new brakes. I just told them to look at the stuff and make sure it is all right and nothing is wrong. So they are doing that. My dad bought himself a CL 500, my mom has her C 320, my sister is leaving back to college so I can drive her SLK 230.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:09 AM

When I was in college, one professor said that he could always tell the the student parking lot from the faculty parking lot because the student lot had all of the new cars. Many of my neighbors have bought top end cars for their kids on the theory that the cars are safer.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK55 AMG; 1999 BMW X5
Originally Posted by FIXEDupW209
I don't understand why people are skeptical for kids having nice cars? At my old high school kids(16-18 year olds) had brand new cars. Such as brand new c classes, 330ci convertibles, range rovers, sl500's, audi's...you name it. In LA its not uncommon at all to see a kid drive a nice car. I will say gowever that i don't believe 99.99% of the things said online.
So SLK55, it doesn't take much to prove you own such a car. Take any soda can and place it by the center consol and take a pic.

Absolutely, where I live in Kings Point, NY (Long Island). Practically the same situtation, kids getting brand new cars, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Range Rovers, etc. But as your own opinion I take 99.9% of all online posts as BS until proven otherwise. The soda can method seems very proven.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:40 PM

SLK 55
Slk 55

I believed you had the 55 for quite a while, but your story is starting to sound a little thin. It dosent take but a few hours to do a complete check out dor the car. I cant believe your dad would let the dealership keep your car while you wait for wheels. All you need to do say call me when you the wheels come in. It also seems a little strange that you have a car that cost more than anyone else's in the family. I would think dad would have to buy mom at least an E class before spending 70K on jr. I hope you really do have the car. you don't have to prove anything, but your dealer and dad must be smoking something to allow the dealership to hold your car to three weeks for a change of wheels.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
Originally Posted by Sirius_Investor
Absolutely, where I live in Kings Point, NY (Long Island). Practically the same situtation, kids getting brand new cars, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Range Rovers, etc. But as your own opinion I take 99.9% of all online posts as BS until proven otherwise. The soda can method seems very proven.
Do the kids round your way ever grow up knowing the value of anything?
They just all sound like spoilt little brats, what happened to the idea of working your butt off to get the things in life you want.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
Originally Posted by marcos
Do the kids round your way ever grow up knowing the value of anything?
They just all sound like spoilt little brats, what happened to the idea of working your butt off to get the things in life you want.
Let me ask you a question...If your family was able to buy you a brand new c55 or m3 or range rover growing up would you say no to it? Its all relative man, for a family that makes a mill a year, buying their kid a 50g car is nothing. Now for a family struggeling to make 100g's, a 10 thousand dollar car could be considered as being spoiled.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by FIXEDupW209
Let me ask you a question...If your family was able to buy you a brand new c55 or m3 or range rover growing up would you say no to it? Its all relative man, for a family that makes a mill a year, buying their kid a 50g car is nothing. Now for a family struggeling to make 100g's, a 10 thousand dollar car could be considered as being spoiled.
Yes I would take those cars. Anyone would take those cars. Even people that couldn't afford the service would take those cars. How do you know that my parents make a million a year. I never told anyone or mentioned it and I am not even sure about how much they make. I am guessing a little over that though.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM

2004 E320 4matic, 2007 530xiT
What do your parent(s) do?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
I want to see a soda can, a babe, the front page of current day's newspaper, you, and school transcript for latest quarter......all in the photo.