SLK/R172: Clear shinny windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes SLC 300 Polar White
Clear shinny windows

Hi everyone,

watching the Barrett-Jackson auction and noticed how clear and shinny every car’s windows were. How do you get such clear shinny windows. I’ve read all kinds of stories on line such as using extra fine steel wool. Before I do anything I would like to find out from you in the MB World for any suggestions that have worked for you without doing any damage.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-21-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadac300
Hi everyone,

watching the Barrett-Jackson auction and noticed how clear and shinny every car’s windows were. How do you get such clear shinny windows. I’ve read all kinds of stories on line such as using extra fine steel wool. Before I do anything I would like to find out from you in the MB World for any suggestions that have worked for you without doing any damage.
Thanks,
Mike
Go to Amazon and order Safelite glass cleaner, I have used a lot of brands including Zep but found to like this the best, once cleaned go over again with Safelite and a clay bar. The last step (optional but well worth it) is to use Aquapel (Amazon) to give you about 6-8 month protection. I am amazed how well this works, it’s like the glass is 1day old!

if you don’t want to do all that then at bare minimum just clean your glass with Safelite. You’ll like the results!