SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

SLK32 - 11.68

Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scion IQ(five axis), smart fortwo crossblade, austin rover mini
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
ok enough. i asked for the info about how you got the hp out of your car. no reply. now your posting 600 -700 hp in a 3,2 litre s/c engine? i call bs!!
post a dyno sheet to back up your numbers.
we have some of the best tuners and modders in the buisness running a 3.2 engine and none i said NO ONE comes close to 500 hp in s/c form to say your pushing not 600 but 600 to 700 hp is demanding of proof.
so lets see it
btw i ran 5 passes last nite with et's of 12.7 and trapping 110 mph.

the secrets are in the: "cats" and intake manifolds

take for example another foreign tuner(candaian) company producing over 500hp on a single turbo with only 1.8 liters!!! AND over 650 hp with twin turbos. And guess what car this is? its only a german made car: the audi tt quattro 1.8 liters! NOW THIS IS IMPRESSIVE. But the fact is one has to change the gear ratios and box and timing to really bring this AMG down in the low 3 sec for the 0-100km times and 10.5sec-11 sec 1/4 mile times. Also the supercharger has to be taken apart and rebuilt. There is a shop in england who can rebuild superchargers; they use a special compound to rebuild the superchargers to increase psi's across the board!

the "cats" have a secret to horsepower; but i dont think most stock factory clutches and/or gearbox, gears can handle(NOT) much HP over 550-600hp! And also the secret hp's is in the way aftermarket intake manifold's are built. Moreover, adding an additonal circulating pump and fuel pumps is crucial. But the most important is the ECU programming to maximize the harware upgrades. ECU programming needs to be programmed to handle and additional 250hp-300hp over stock.

now imagine what kind of HP can be produced with a 3.2 liter engine; well if the forumla 1 teams who uses v8, v10 engines can produce between 800 to 1000+ hp; surely, there is a way. But as long as we dont follow in the like's of hennessey performance tuners--all there doing is increasing "force-feds" after what great EU engineers have designed for safety and most importantly for longevity reasons of those great EU engine's and car's.

I know i dont want to be changing engines every weekend while using nitrous! Besides most people could never afford changing of engines every weekend like this r170-amg. i.e.; ask the nitrous feeders how their engines blows from this crap! Now if they could develop power bursts system modules like how F1 does and how porsche does with their respective 911 turbos then it would be worthwhile. Also audi uses a similiar method called launch control which has a same effect of greatly lowering street and track times but has been removed on most all US audi's; however, one could still get this installed by an aftermarket tuner.

But, also, i know stopping or slowing down from triple digits in this r170 amg is very dangerous(weak-link; it does not use rack-pinion). i have tried this in the autobahn in germany after picking up my r170-amg from the factory near stuttgart with the retrictive governor removed(cost around 1300 euros from factory). imagine going from san diego to LA in about 20-25 minutes! But most european petrol stations have 98 octanes as a premium and this US octane of 93 sucks. i noticed a huge difference when my car shipped back to the states and rode on its poor US highways! Ther german autobahns literally have corning banks just like a race-track.

Last edited by ttus; 11-09-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: rephrased - slk32 amg over 500 rwhp
Old 11-08-2009, 04:36 AM

scion IQ(five axis), smart fortwo crossblade, austin rover mini
ALso, if this person is really using the kleeman locking LSD; its capable of knocking off near +/- 1/2 sec(.5) in the 0-100km and 1/4 times. This LSD(locking torque sensing type) makes that much of a difference. When the ESP is turned off, the lsd goes to work along with the LET pulley and upgraded torque converter and, etc.

And the chip tuner/tuning has to match or exceed these mechanical upgrades by at least 250hp-300hp. the BEST chip tuners are i think APR for aftermarket tuning in the US thus far but they dont tune mercedes-amg.

And in order to get low 1/4 mile times; either weight has to be dramatically dropped without the possibilities of damaging the engine or HP increased enough that this r170-amg is hitting near 125-130mph by the time it passes the 1/4 mile mark! That means the gears has to shift and change quickly(psi & gear ratio upgrades a necessary without track radial tires).

Last edited by ttus; 11-09-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by ttus
the secrets are in the: "cats" and intake manifolds

take for example another foreign tuner(candaian) company producing over 500hp on a single turbo with only 1.8 liters!!! AND over 650 hp with twin turbos. And guess what car this is? its only a german made car: the audi tt quattro 1.8 liters! NOW THIS IS IMPRESSIVE. But the fact is one has to change the gear ratios and box and timing to really bring this TT down in the low 3 sec for the 0-100km times and 11 sec 1/4 mile.

the "cats" have secret to horsepower; but i dont think most stock factory clutches and/or gearbox, gears can NOT handle much HP over 550-600hp! And also the secret hp's is in the way aftermarket intake manifold's are built.

now imagine what kind can be produced with a 3.2 liters; well if the forumla 1 v8, v10 engines can produce between 800 to 1000+ hp; so surely there is a way. But as long as we dont follow in the like's of hennessey performance tuners--all there doing is increasing "force-feds" after what great EU engineers have designed for safety and most importantly for longevity reasons of those great EU engine's and car's.

I know i dont want to be changing engines every weekend! Besides most people could never afford changing of engines every weekend. i.e.; ask the nitrous feeders how their engines blows from this crap! Now if they could develop this in bursts of power like how F1 does and how porsche does with their respective 911 turbos then it would be worthwhile. Also audi uses s similiar method called launch control which has a same effect of greatly lowering street and track times but has been removed on most all US audi's however, one could still gets installed by an aftermarket tuner.

But, also, i know stopping or slowing down from triple digits in this r170 amg is very dangerous. i have tried this in the autobahn in germany after picking my up r170-amg from the factory near stuttgart with the retrictive governor removed(cost around 1300 euros from factory). imagine going from san diego to LA in about 20-25 minutes! But most european petrol stations have 98 octanes as a premium and this US octane of 93 sucks. i noticed a huge difference when my car shipped back to the states and rode on its poor US highways! Ther german autobahns literally have corning banks just like a race-track.
i see by your 4 posts you are new here so i wont be to hard on you!.
cats and intakes. the exhaust on the 32 csan be straight thru pipes with headers and you will see a gain of MAYBE 5 hp. force fed engines dont need restriction to create hp so free flowing cats have a minimal impact.
intakes. needswings has modified intakes manis and so much more than most know for the 3.2 engine. their class of the field dual cai intake at best has a 30 hp increase. take that and the cat hp increase and my baseline of 321hp and you now have a whopping 356 hp to the rear wheels. thats 244 hp short of his claim of 600 to 700 hp!! run 120 octane if you want you still arent going to get 200+ hp.
what i asked was proof of his build not comparisons to turbo'd 4 cyl. cars. theres a srt-6 with the identical motor with a turbo on it and he still only pushes 500 hp.
as for hi s1/4 mile time im sure its correct . there are mid 11 sec times posted on dragtimes.
you seem to ramble in your thread about top times and stopping. my 32 slows down from 160 mph to 55 just fine. my brakes arent an issue.
im not sure what you are trying to say in this thread but unless you have some idea of what it takes to tune and inc. the hp of these engines its mostly irrelevent
Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by ttus
ALso, if this person is really using the kleeman LSD; its capable of knocking of near +/- 1/2 sec(.5) off of 0-100km and 1/4 times. This LSD makes that much of a difference. When the ESP is turned off, the lsd goes to work along with the LET pulley and upgraded torque converter.

And the chip tuning has to match or exceed these mechanical upgrades. the BEST chip tuners are i think are APR in the US thus far but they dont tune mercedes-amg.

And in order to get low 1/4 mile times; either weight has to be dramatically dropped without the possibilities of damaging the engine or HP increased enough that this r170-amg is hitting near 125-130mph by the time it passes the 1/4 mile mark! That means the gears has to shift and change quickly(psi & gear ratio).

How many magazines did you read to come up with all that BS. These cars are not 19 second Honduh Civics that can drop to low 13's just by adding a bunch of "Type R" stickers. I have LET 185 pullies which DID drop my 1/4 times by about .5 seconds. I also have a LSD and custom(non LET)torque converter and those two combined made almost no difference in 1/4 times............they did however make the car more fun to drive on the street and in corners.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by moparrbust
How many magazines did you read to come up with all that BS. These cars are not 19 second Honduh Civics that can drop to low 13's just by adding a bunch of "Type R" stickers. I have LET 185 pullies which DID drop my 1/4 times by about .5 seconds. I also have a LSD and custom(non LET)torque converter and those two combined made almost no difference in 1/4 times............they did however make the car more fun to drive on the street and in corners.
i said i wouldnt be to hard on you! the others ...well its a feeding frenzy when the newbs speak before knowing!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Wow, I can't believe I just wasted my time reading these ridiculous posts. Thanks Josh! lol
The OP needs some sense knocked into him. Who does he think he's bsing coming into a forum of educated AMG owners?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
i said i wouldnt be to hard on you! the others ...well its a feeding frenzy when the newbs speak before knowing!
Sometimes you need to use tough love.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Wow, I can't believe I just wasted my time reading these ridiculous posts. Thanks Josh! lol
The OP needs some sense knocked into him. Who does he think he's bsing coming into a forum of educated AMG owners?
wait what? what did i do? hahah

i just think the claims he made are bogus and i backed it my claims. he hasn't backed up his yet.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
LYC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK32
Originally Posted by jturkel
wait what? what did i do? hahah

i just think the claims he made are bogus and i backed it my claims. he hasn't backed up his yet.
Yea, I'm still waiting for his response... So far the survey says!

Old 11-27-2009, 12:33 PM

Crossfire SRT6 coupe/Crossfire SRT6 Roadster/MB E350 4 Matic
I think I will keep my mouth shut.....lol
Old 11-27-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by LYC
Yea, I'm still waiting for his response... So far the survey says!

he is clearly dreaming