MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) (https://mbworld.org/forums/sls-amg-gullwing-c197-r197-145/)
-   -   SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Stallone rolling in the SLS. Nice white one. (https://mbworld.org/forums/sls-amg-gullwing-c197-r197/362149-stallone-rolling-sls-nice-white-one.html)

Jakpro1 08-06-2010 04:10 PM

Stallone rolling in the SLS. Nice white one.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/syl...e-08062010.php

VCA_AMG 08-08-2010 03:03 AM

At 5'9 he should have plenty of leg room in the SLS :rolf:

maxabo 08-08-2010 03:07 AM

Well, he sure fits in one!
All midgets do (I'm not saying all SLS-owners are midgets here)!:)

But what I'm getting at, is that if you're over 6 foot 2", just forget about that car!
And what I can't comprehend, is WHY build it SO SMALL..??:confused:
I mean, a couple of inches here & there wouldn't hurt the cars image!
AND, that way a lot more people could enjoy it!

Sometimes I just can't get a grip on how the engineers think... At all...:crazy:

maxabo 08-08-2010 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by mugatu22 (Post 4195127)

Is he really that tall..?

K-A 08-08-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mugatu22 (Post 4195127)

:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

And if you've ever met him, WOW what a Napoleon Complex.

Meeyatch1 08-09-2010 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4195701)
:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

And if you've ever met him, WOW what a Napoleon Complex.

Then I take it you have met him? Got a story? :)

With regards to the car. I LOOOOOVE the SLS in white with red interior. Absolutely a stunner!

IngenereAMG 08-09-2010 12:25 PM

Not quite the 'Rambo' image that I would expect him to be shooting for!!

Not all of us 'vertically challenged' folks have Napoleon Complexes...... at 5'5" and 135 pounds, I fit very nicely in my Indycar.

A few years ago when I was racing karts, the weight class that I was in had me with the kids...... and I had to put balast on the kart in order to make weight!!

Age and treachery beat youth and skill........ most of the time. Until I ran into Arie Lleyendyk, Jr.

K-A 08-09-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 4196324)
Then I take it you have met him? Got a story? :)

With regards to the car. I LOOOOOVE the SLS in white with red interior. Absolutely a stunner!

Let's just say a couple occasions.

1- I was about 12, as an "Extra" in a Movie he was in, due to my Brother being in the Business. Before the scene that I was involved in, I was getting to my spot (was an action/running scene), and he had entered the room in his full character costume, me looking around to find where I was supposed to be, I walked right into him.... And YES, this time he was taller then me. He literally didn't look down, had his typical asinine arrogant look on his face, i.e "who is this peasant, and why does he think I will acknowledge him", and almost literally ran me over.... And I was 12!! (or even younger, I think 4th Grad).

Same Movie, he'd be eating with his a$$-kissers at their table, and the way he talked, he certainly believes he's gods gift, lol.

2nd time. I was at a Restaurant (high end one) for my Birthday when I was like 15-17, my Dad had ins with the place, so as a surprise, he set us next to Stallones group (table next to theirs). Literally nobody was gawking (or at least not much after the first one or two acknowledgements), or being loud, and the guy thinks that he's being swamped by fans or whatever, and asks to have his table moved. :rolf:

kl07rph 08-09-2010 05:04 PM

:rolf:If only he expressed his "greatness" in his acting skills too :rolf:

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4196856)

1- I was about 12, as an "Extra" in a Movie he was in, due to my Brother being in the Business. Before the scene that I was involved in, I was getting to my spot (was an action/running scene), and he had entered the room in his full character costume, me looking around to find where I was supposed to be, I walked right into him.... And YES, this time he was taller then me. He literally didn't look down, had his typical asinine arrogant look on his face, i.e "who is this peasant, and why does he think I will acknowledge him", and almost literally ran me over.... And I was 12!! (or even younger, I think 4th Grad).

Same Movie, he'd be eating with his a$$-kissers at their table, and the way he talked, he certainly believes he's gods gift, lol.

2nd time. I was at a Restaurant (high end one) for my Birthday when I was like 15-17, my Dad had ins with the place, so as a surprise, he set us next to Stallones group (table next to theirs). Literally nobody was gawking (or at least not much after the first one or two acknowledgements), or being loud, and the guy thinks that he's being swamped by fans or whatever, and asks to have his table moved. :rolf:

MB_Forever 08-09-2010 07:37 PM

+1000000

The white SLS looks great :bow:

VCA_AMG 08-09-2010 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4196856)

I've heard similar stories about Stallone. And yes he's that short (5'9). I've seen him in Hollywood but never met him.

Several of my friends work in the film industry. They say he stands on platforms in scenes to look as tall or taller than his female costars. Rumor has it that he has "employees" who go out and get him women to bring back to his hotel room, so he doesn't have to talk to them or pick them up. And yes I've heard he's an unimaginable ***** to nearly everyone he works with.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just thought it was funny that he's driving an SLS, and probably had the seats ALL THE WAY forward :rolf:

tgoss 08-12-2010 02:23 AM

I LOOOOOVE the SLS in white with red interior. Absolutely a stunner!

+2 :bow::bow:

petee1997 09-06-2010 08:15 PM

Reading this thread is causing me some concern. I'm also 5'9". I have gotten by all these years without a complex. However, I didn't know it was frowned upon not to be taller. In the future I will try to surround myself with small people to appear taller. I wonder if I could get a few volunteers from this thread. Some of you are very small.