MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) (https://mbworld.org/forums/sls-amg-gullwing-c197-r197-145/)
-   -   SLS/R197/C197 AMG: SLS Roadster is scheduled for delivery 12/22..Rear Wing question (https://mbworld.org/forums/sls-amg-gullwing-c197-r197/609185-sls-roadster-scheduled-delivery-12-22-rear-wing-question.html)

Jeff SD 12-13-2015 08:56 PM

SLS Roadster is scheduled for delivery 12/22..Rear Wing question

5 Attachment(s)
My SLS is scheduled for delivery on 12/22..I'm having several modifications done to it prior to taking delivery.

The one cosmetic modification I'm struggling with is the rear spoiler.

I'm considering the following 3 choices and looking for feedback.

#1- Carbon fiber rear spoiler ( replaced factory spoiler)

#2 MEC Rear Lip

#3 Black Series Rear Wing

Thoughts? I'm leaning towards replacing the factory spoiler with CF and adding the MEC CF lip.

But the Black series is tempting..

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff SD 12-13-2015 08:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of my SLS prior to any mods.

NewportSLS 12-13-2015 11:04 PM

Welcome! Great looking SLS!

I think you should give the carbon spoiler to me and, then get the black series wing. The spoiler is too plain for you.

Jeff SD 12-13-2015 11:20 PM

Haha!! Thanks, David 😀

ced357 12-13-2015 11:20 PM

Tough call.

When I first got my SLS I really wanted the MEC spoiler and tried to find one for a good price to no avail. I thought I would wait until I saw one in person and see if I still wanted to pull the trigger. Well, over a year later and dozens of car shows with many SLS's, not one MEC style spoiler to be seen. I do like the simplicity of it and if you get one please post lots of pics.

As for the blackseries wing, I originally thought it looked ridiculous on the final edition cars without the wider fenders. However, I just did a rally with a final edition car and it looked fantastic to me now:nix: I guess my taste has changed.

Ultimately, it depends on whether you want a more aggressive or subtle look. Either way the car will look fantastic:y

Jeff SD 12-14-2015 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ced357 (Post 6643399)
Tough call.

When I first got my SLS I really wanted the MEC spoiler and tried to find one for a good price to no avail. I thought I would wait until I saw one in person and see if I still wanted to pull the trigger. Well, over a year later and dozens of car shows with many SLS's, not one MEC style spoiler to be seen. I do like the simplicity of it and if you get one please post lots of pics.

As for the blackseries wing, I originally thought it looked ridiculous on the final edition cars without the wider fenders. However, I just did a rally with a final edition car and it looked fantastic to me now:nix: I guess my taste has changed.

Ultimately, it depends on whether you want a more aggressive or subtle look. Either way the car will look fantastic:y

Thanks for your input.
I found a MEC trunk lip for $2K.

Jeff SD 12-14-2015 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My CF diffuser arrived 👍

NewportSLS 12-17-2015 07:05 PM

Jeff .... time to switch your avatar pic!