SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Lambda Oxygen Sensor Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Question Lambda Oxygen Sensor Failure

The lambda sensor before (pre-post) on my SLS on the passenger side has failed and is not giving appropriate readings. This happened after installing the new exhaust system. The reason behind it maybe because it was no tightned enough as was said to me or it maybe because of the new location of the sensors since the new headers are very long.

Right now I will replace both lambda sensors and I just ordered them from the dealership.

I am just wondering if in the future the same thing happens, can I buy universal Lambda Sensors? Will they work?

Here are some I found on this website http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...ytic+Converter

Just want to know if it is compatible
Old 01-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
The lambda sensor before (pre-post) on my SLS on the passenger side has failed and is not giving appropriate readings. This happened after installing the new exhaust system. The reason behind it maybe because it was no tightned enough as was said to me or it maybe because of the new location of the sensors since the new headers are very long.

Right now I will replace both lambda sensors and I just ordered them from the dealership.

I am just wondering if in the future the same thing happens, can I buy universal Lambda Sensors? Will they work?

Here are some I found on this website http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...ytic+Converter

Just want to know if it is compatible
I also had this issue with my ML320, I was aadvised when I did my MOT that my Lamda sensor was playing up and high revs, but on low revs it was fine, reading this post could be b'cos I recently installed a Cat back exhaust but I did not touch or the sensor

Have you rectified this problem, please advise

Cuse