SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Flappy Paddle Fan? RevoZport New Mercedes Paddles

Old 10-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Flappy Paddle Fan? RevoZport New Mercedes Paddles

Flappy Paddle Fan? RevoZport New Mercedes Paddles

Whether you are a flappy paddle fan or not, the reality is that many vehicles are switching to a dual clutch transmission. The thrill of going through the gears is still there, it just happens in a fraction of a second instead of how long it takes for your brain to interact with your leg and arm. Some manufactures such as Porsche have put the kabosh on manual transmissions only selling the new Turbo and GT3 models in their PDK transmission. Having owned several paddle shift cars from the Ferrari 360, BMW 135, Porsche Turbo, and Mercedes CLS, I am a fan. But with flappy paddles comes 2 questions I ask myself. Would I enjoy paddle shift cars more in my late teens and early twenties, or with age brings the laziness of shifting. And what is the future for clutch companies like Clutch Masters, Spec, Exedy with all of these dual clutch transmissions. Its not a simple change or upgrade with these boxes. Even further, since these transmissions have a power limit and are not easily upgradeable, where does that put the performance world? Just some thoughts to ponder!

In the meantime, those crazy guys at RevoZport have made owning a flappy paddle Mercedes that much more fun with their new AMG Paddle Shift upgrade for models including: A45,CLA45, C63, E63,ML63, SL63, CLK63, SLS, S63.etc. The CNC machined aluminum paddle extensions fit over the stock ones making them look flush and 1 piece. The paddles give you a more erognomic approach to shifting through the gears while taking the turns on or off the race track. Definitely a cool product and one you will hopefully see on our Project CLA45!

Shop all RevoZport Products Here.

Will be available from mid November

MSRP $440

Call or PM me for member pricing

Jacky
480.966.3040 x 229

Last edited by VividRacing; 10-15-2014 at 06:36 PM.