Smart Car Discussion on the Smart Car.

Time for new Tires

Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Time for new Tires

The car Now has 41,000 miles on it , The tire are worn even but down to the wear bars. & getting road noise transfer to the Cabin. So I went pricing tires locally. I was priced for the oem tire ( Continental Contact Pros ) $450.00 Installed, It seem a little high. So I started to look around, Discount did carry that brand, Tire Rack did , but wanted close to $400.00 , including $44.00 shipping . Now add in for the local Pissed off tire store to mount & balance , I'm at a lot more money. Then Kumho came out with a replacement.Tire Rack again came in at $340.00 Includes the $44.00 UPS shipping fee from Atlanta , GA. Add in the local guy at $25.00 per tire for mount & Balance .

Then I saw a little advertising at the top of the Home page here , for Tread-Depot. They were delivered to my door from their Atlanta , GA . warehouse for $312.00 including $28.00 UPS ground Shipping. And I finally found a Indy that did the mount & Balance , with a road force balancer at $15.00 per tire. Thread Depot service was the same as Tire Rack + the $16.00 savings on the same UPS shipping from the same city. I'm quite Please with Thread Depot.

Cheers _PTEngineering

Last edited by PTE; 05-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.