Sports Forum to discuss any sports that you play or are a fan of.

Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector

Old 11-30-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG
Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector

As the title indicates, I am a cue buyer, collector and occasionally a seller. I dabble in exotic cues and have a modest collection of my own. I'm published on cue evaluation (Blue Book of Cue Values 3rd Ed.) and enjoy any opportunity to discuss this form of functional Art.

Anyone with questions / curiousity from this forum group is invited to post or PM.
If you have a collectable cue, please post an image to this thread.

If you want to own one or more of the finest cues in existance, it can easily be arranged. Product pictures shared privately and by appointment only, not discussed on the Lifestyle forum. drawman623@aol.com

Last edited by Redcab; 12-01-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ford Fusion
Hello,

I was going through my father's stuff and came across this cue from late 60's/early 70s. Seems to be of a very nice quality to myself. Mahogany wood, hand wrapped linen, brass fittings, ivory? endcaps, wood tip. I assembled it today and rolled it. No warp...smooth.

Just wondering if you could help me price it? I am not sure if I want to sell or not...but I would like to know more about it as this was a treasured possession for my father.

Thank you.

adamjkralic@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector-poolcue1.jpg   Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector-poolcue4.jpg   Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector-poolcue10.jpg   Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector-poolcue11.jpg   Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector-poolcue12.jpg  

Investment Grade Pool Cue Collector-poolcue6.jpg  
Old 03-01-2014, 01:28 PM

CLK 63 AMG
I would be happy to assist you with an appraisal. The joint and pin style suggest this is clearly a vintage cue. Use of plastics in the butt sleeve is also an old style.

Vintage cues are not my strong suite but I have some good resources available. Give me some time and I will post an identification and value. The cue looks to be in near mint condition. Maybe the plastic rings are raised a bit so you can feel them through the finish but that is to be expected. The linnen wrap is also appropriate to the period. It looks like Cortland Linnen or maybe Penn. Nice cue.

Last edited by Redcab; 03-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:46 PM

Dodge challenger
Please help with cue value

I aquired this cue and am having some difficultly with a value. I had email mcdermott and this is the response

The cue design was initially made for a Vivian Villarreal cue series that
never developed. We likely made a small batch of these cues; likely 6 or
less. The wood used is rosewood with red and white urethane inlays.

The cue seems like it would be really rare since 6 or less made and that they never went into production. I can't seem to find a any info on the cue because they simply weren't made and a value but it doesn't exist in any blue book. Any information would be appreciated
Old 09-12-2014, 03:52 PM

CLK 63 AMG
Interesting...
I've seen prototypes sell for high dollars but in general they are not especially prized. Ms. Villareal is an extraordinary player and has a strong following. The value of the cue will be captured by reaching her fans directly.

I would suggest listing the cue in the for sale forum of AZBilliards.com. All sereious players know of her talent and the buyers will come out to make offers...as you note, the cue is rare 1 of 6.

McDermott builds excellent cues. They are known for affordable mass produced cues that are strong players that meet any budget. Thus the modern reputation of this company is not based upon collectable 1 of a kind works of cue art. You will need good pictures and a clear description of the cue's provenance to impress a collector.

The D-series McDermott cues are somewhat prized today. They were produced through the 80's. Earlier series are quite rare and bring higher prices. It is safe to say that in a worst case scenario, your cue will become valuable in a matter of years rather than now. That said, however, feel free to e-mail me the pictures and I will reply with an appraisal of the cue's value today.

drawman623@aol.com
Old 09-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Dodge challenger
Ok Thanks for Info, I'll attach some pictures to this thread also !

Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 AM

CLK 63 AMG
Beautiful Cue

E-mail reply sent

Rosewood with red accents is a nice combination. The ringwork is fancy too. The note I sent discusses my thoughts on value.

If you want to sell, feel free to contact me and I will help you compose a full description and suggest the correct forum for your listing. If you own the cue for a reasonable cost and have some form of provenance, I'm sure it will sell quickly.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:51 AM

2010 scion
please help

Meucci pool cue,, any one know model or anything about this stick, thank you

Old 10-06-2014, 05:51 PM

CLK 63 AMG
It looks like the Americana. I'll look it up in the Blue Book of Cue Values and send you a PM. Meucci is still in business and there is also a surprising amount of history on the internet.

Bob Meucci started the company and for a time, was the strongest sponsor of professional pool in cuemaking. Production for Meucci has changed but there remains a strong following, especially for the old "MO" series Meucci Originals cues.

Yours is a bit more recent than the MO's, but it has the classic 5/16X18 joint pin and flat faced wood to wood joint. More to follow...Redcab
Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 PM

2010 scion
Thank you for the info. I've been scouring the internet and I can't find one like this anywhere. I even emailed meucci and they said it was a 200-1. Even with that I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks again for checking it out.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:15 PM

CLK 63 AMG
I located an identical cue for sale via Google Images. PM sent with approximate value of your cue.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:11 PM

Nissan versa
Look for info on this cue

Originally Posted by Redcab
It looks like the Americana. I'll look it up in the Blue Book of Cue Values and send you a PM. Meucci is still in business and there is also a surprising amount of history on the internet.

Bob Meucci started the company and for a time, was the strongest sponsor of professional pool in cuemaking. Production for Meucci has changed but there remains a strong following, especially for the old "MO" series Meucci Originals cues.

Yours is a bit more recent than the MO's, but it has the classic 5/16X18 joint pin and flat faced wood to wood joint. More to follow...Redcab