Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Get rid of infinite scrolling forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 477 Posts
2023 S500
Get rid of infinite scrolling forum

I really hate these types of forums. It’s very hard to find certain pages because it will infinitely scroll to where it thinks you want to be. Coupled with the delayed ad loading, makes for a very unpleasant experience. Please see Bimmerpost for how a enthusiast forum should be structured. It’s traditional and very user friendly and as a result, the overall activity is 10x higher.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,009 Likes on 3,150 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Agree. It’s bad.

There is a setting related to this but it doesn’t work. It’s broken.
Frenetic (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 S500
The infinite scroll should be an option to turn on, not the other way around. It should be off by default or just gone forever. It is the absolute worst type of forum structure in existence bar none. It’s a miserable experience trying to navigate through it, especially on an iPad or tablet.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:04 PM
IB Staff

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Frenetic
I really hate these types of forums. It’s very hard to find certain pages because it will infinitely scroll to where it thinks you want to be. Coupled with the delayed ad loading, makes for a very unpleasant experience. Please see Bimmerpost for how a enthusiast forum should be structured. It’s traditional and very user friendly and as a result, the overall activity is 10x higher.
Infinite scrolling can be disabled in the UserCP for desktop mode. It cannot be disabled for mobile.

If you have specific reasons for how a site is better, please provide them. The feedback will be shared with the team. Please note that doesn't necessarily mean it will be used as not every function, design or idea is doable.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 S500
Thanks. I would suggest getting rid if infinite scroll. I think making the change would greatly improve this site, especially for new users that do not know or are even aware they can turn it off. Not only that, how many people don’t even bother registering or sticking around because of it. It’s that bad if you ask me.
chassis (08-02-2022)