MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Technical Assistance Vendor Classifieds (https://mbworld.org/forums/technical-assistance-vendor-classifieds-202/)
-   -   Homelink Pairing - Newer Mercedes Benz (https://mbworld.org/forums/technical-assistance-vendor-classifieds/888682-homelink-pairing-newer-mercedes-benz.html)

Thoin343 04-15-2024 12:51 PM

Homelink Pairing - Newer Mercedes Benz

Hello everyone! I have a quick question that hopefully someone can help out with. I am trying to pair up an EQS to a garage door motor which is a Wayne Dalton Quantum 3213 and have not had any luck at all. I have paired multiple Mercedes to garage doors over the years (It is actually part of my job) but oddly enough had 2 clients in a row with the same motor.

Has anyone every had any luck pairing this motor up to their car or have a work around?

Source - I work at a Benz dealership as a Product Concierge for the past 4+ years

Thank you for your help!

superswiss 04-15-2024 01:07 PM

Perhaps just coincidence, but garage door openers generally can only be programmed to a finite number of remotes. How old are these openers? Can't find much on them other than they are no longer being made. If it's been in use for a number of years and multiple vehicles have been programmed to them, then the memory is likely full. Try clearing the programmed remotes from it. Unfortunately, that requires reprogramming all remotes that are still in use, but that's probably only one or two vehicles and it only requires step 2, pressing the learn button and relearn the rolling codes for each existing remote. I generally clear all the codes first whenever I sell/buy a new car.

Thoin343 04-15-2024 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by superswiss (Post 8955931)
Perhaps just coincidence, but garage door openers generally can only be programmed to a finite number of remotes. How old are these openers? Can't find much on them other than they are no longer being made. If it's been in use for a number of years and multiple vehicles have been programmed to them, then the memory is likely full. Try clearing the programmed remotes from it. Unfortunately, that requires reprogramming all remotes that are still in use, but that's probably only one or two vehicles and it only requires step 2, pressing the learn button and relearn the rolling codes for each existing remote. I generally clear all the codes first whenever I sell/buy a new car.

From what I can find online it looks like these were made back in the early 2000's. For some reason I was always told Wayne Dalton garage door openers do not work with Mercedes Benz Homelink.

superswiss 04-15-2024 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thoin343 (Post 8956007)
From what I can find online it looks like these were made back in the early 2000's. For some reason I was always told Wayne Dalton garage door openers do not work with Mercedes Benz Homelink.

At least according to Homelink they are supported and just glancing over the instructions nothing unique is sticking out.

https://homelink.com/program/instruc.../0/18/0/0/1/us

streborx 04-15-2024 04:07 PM

The Homelink website lists WD as being compatible, but superswiss makes an important point about the number of remotes that door openers can accommodate. I have Chamberlain door openers, and their capacity is 8 remote pairings. I recently acquired a couple of aftermarket keychain remotes, and discovered I had to clear the door opener memories, and re-pair all my Homelink openers and remotes because I had surpassed 8 remotes. One other interesting point -- some aftermarket remotes are not effective in programming the Homelink opener, even though they can operate the door opener. Use one of the original remotes that came with your door opener to do the Homelink programming (this sets up the operating frequency and protocol). Then do the second phase using the door opener "learn" button and the Homelink button.