V-Class 3 generations with first production year 1996...... V 230, V 280, V 200 CDI, V 220 CDI; Vito: Vito F 108 CDI, Vito F 110 CDI, Vito F 112 CDI, Vito F 113, Vito F 114; Marco Polo: Vito MP 108 CDI, Vito MP 110 CDI, Vito MP 112 CDI, Vito MP 113, Vito MP 114; Sprinter James Cook

Vito 115cdi don't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz Vito 115cdi
Vito 115cdi don't start

Hi gents I'm new on MB I have Vito 115cdi jump started the car with the jumpers wrong way around, blew the ecu, got exact same one numbers all was a match to the original ecu changed the ecu eeproms that was needed to change The car starts only if you spray quick start. When I checked it with the diagnostic machine it gives me a different vin as to the vehicle could that be a coding problem or what can I do.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:13 PM

S 63 AMG
If the VIN's different - you sure the car's not stolen?
It's a common problem in Europe, and ex-USSR countries.

And - describe by list and order - what have you done so we could figure something out.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Castle45ACP
If the VIN's different - you sure the car's not stolen?
It's a common problem in Europe, and ex-USSR countries.

And - describe by list and order - what have you done so we could figure something out.
Hi Castle45 I'm sure the cars not stolen we changed the ecu box because of original one burned due to jumping cable connected incorrectly. I took the burned ecu box and took out the eeproms and fitted it to the new ecu and I think its the new ecu vin appears on the diagnostic tool.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:18 PM

S 63 AMG
It's possible, however - I haven't seen or heard about that kind of changes.

Anyway, I suppose you'll have to check in on MB Service 'cause, if I'm right - the new ECU is making you trouble.

OR!

You've may burned some wires(or electronics) when you've locked cables on the burned ECU.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:24 PM

Anyway, I suppose you'll have to check in on MB Service 'cause, if I'm right - the new ECU is making you trouble.

OR!

You've may burned some wires(or electronics) when you've locked cables on the burned ECU.
We changed ecu, diesel injectors, diesel pump high pressure sensors on fuel rail, sam box, I don't think there's anything else to change and wire's were checked by auto lec all in order
Old 04-01-2017, 05:26 PM

OR!

We changed ecu, diesel injectors, diesel pump high pressure sensors on fuel rail, sam box, I don't think there's anything else to change and wire's were checked by auto lec all in order

Should the key not be linked to the new ecu that was fitted
Old 04-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to V-Class forum...
Old 04-15-2017, 02:07 PM

Got It Started

Hi Gents I got the Vito Started I bought a ECU with all matching part numbers except the date I wasn't sure what eeproms to change so I changed all that I could. I then charged the battery after two turns of the key the vehicle started first kick I drove it around and all in good order drives like a new Vito with everything working perfectly thanks for every Technical help I got.