HID/Xenon Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Originally Posted by Dawson AMG
I am using the short H3 HID bulb no problem with heat! I know you took high temp readings on your HID over stock my HID run way cooler then stock bulbs. I do have the older W210 fog lamps so maybe they are made better then W211 ones. Mine have metal and all glass no plastic to melt. I purchased my shorter HID bulbs off Ebay came from china made very good. Maybe you can find another fog light system made of metal and glass to install that looks factory?
Can you post a link of the seller, and the other specs of the bulbs you used?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Can you post a link of the seller, and the other specs of the bulbs you used?
Look in my past post to find install info. I don't have the seller info anymore. I did match my factory color bulbs (K) I don't remember (4300K?) that too many post and mods ago. I do know they are H3 mount HID and you have to drill a small hole in back of fog light bulb replacement panel, but new bulb comes with a rubber grommet to seal hole and give a factory look. I also used Mercedes Headlight factory ballast from eBay seller as well. This was my best mod after X-Pipe.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dawson AMG
Look in my past post to find install info. I don't have the seller info anymore. I did match my factory color bulbs (K) I don't remember (4300K?) that too many post and mods ago. I do know they are H3 mount HID and you have to drill a small hole in back of fog light bulb replacement panel, but new bulb comes with a rubber grommet to seal hole and give a factory look. I also used Mercedes Headlight factory ballast from eBay seller as well. This was my best mod after X-Pipe.

Oh it sounds like you bought more than just the bulb. Did I read that right? Can I just buy the bulb for the fogs, or will I end up having to buy a HID kit?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Our fog lights are just the halogens right and not HID? And if I wanted to put in HID I would need a conversion kit right? So than correct me if I'm wrong, but our headlights are Xenon (HID) and fogs are halogen?