Xenon HID Headlight assembly for my W10 E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 AMG
Xenon HID Headlight assembly for my W10 E55 AMG

Hi all,

I apologies if I'm asking the same question someone else already has asked, but I'm still pretty green when it comes to searching through all these threads for answers.

I purchased a 2002 E55 AMG with aftermarket HID headlamps. I've never liked these headlamps because while the beam seams to be projecting straight, there are a few smaller separate beams that project outside, which I believe can be an issue to oncoming traffic, or just a nuisance to some rear-view mirrors.

I'm ready to replace these, and was hoping one of you can point me to a quality replacement HID Headlight assembly. I appreciate any help!

Ray
Old 08-27-2017, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
You need new projectors in the aftermarket ones and you will be good to go. Look at youtube for a DIY.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BlownV8
You need new projectors in the aftermarket ones and you will be good to go. Look at youtube for a DIY.
Thanks, but now the other headlight (passenger side) just went out, and I found some of the wires have shorted/melted.

Again, thanks for the heads up, but at this point I'd rather replace both headlight assemblies.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W210 e55
Originally Posted by rtuazon
Thanks, but now the other headlight (passenger side) just went out, and I found some of the wires have shorted/melted.

Again, thanks for the heads up, but at this point I'd rather replace both headlight assemblies.
I bought a set of led lights for mine and they work great!! Much brighter than the HID
Old 09-16-2017, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
02w163ML500 / 97w210E50AMG / 99w202C230k / 95w124500e-wip
Originally Posted by rtuazon

rtuazon,

You didnt clarify LHD or RHD on your E55.
I have 97 E50 AMG Japan (LHD - imported from Germany to Japan by the original owner). Replaced the OEM Xenon assembly. Japan roadway traffic is opposite that of NA - lamps pointing down and to the right for Japan. I stuck with NA OEM factory replacements from fleabay. I wanted to keep it original.

There is a reputable seller out of Eastern Europe? (don recall his name) there that does sell replacement assemblies - you should search the forums here with Headlight Xenon replacements to read the pros and cons of substituting what you have and also on the quality and light dispersion of the aftermarket headlamps.
I realize many members have commented on the "bling" of the aftermarket replacements, and many have also commented on good and not so good on the headlight dispersion of the aftermarket products. Just my 2 cents here.