Sponsored by:

warranty about up now what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 amg e55
warranty about up now what?

my 2003 e55 has almost 48,000 miles on it.. the factory warranty ends at 50,000.. i usually dont have this problem because i trade cars way before the warranty runs out.. but i love my e55... and i dont see any other cars out yet that i even like.. so i was talking to the service manager and he suggested/offered me a extended warranty from a company called service guard... its $4700 for an additional 4yrs/48,000 miles.. its an aftermarket warranty not a mercedes warranty.. but he says the dealership sells and uses this warranty company on all their used cars and has not had any problem with them what so ever in the last 5 years or more.. i drive my car hard.. and go to the track with it often.. i have had a couple of problems with my car but nothing major.. but now that it is getting older.. im thinking this extended warranty could be a good thing.. what you guys think
Old 05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by dwtboss
my 2003 e55 has almost 48,000 miles on it.. the factory warranty ends at 50,000.. i usually dont have this problem because i trade cars way before the warranty runs out.. but i love my e55... and i dont see any other cars out yet that i even like.. so i was talking to the service manager and he suggested/offered me a extended warranty from a company called service guard... its $4700 for an additional 4yrs/48,000 miles.. its an aftermarket warranty not a mercedes warranty.. but he says the dealership sells and uses this warranty company on all their used cars and has not had any problem with them what so ever in the last 5 years or more.. i drive my car hard.. and go to the track with it often.. i have had a couple of problems with my car but nothing major.. but now that it is getting older.. im thinking this extended warranty could be a good thing.. what you guys think
1st of all its a good idea, but 4700 sounds alot! all those after market warranty's have a dealer cost and a retail price and are negotiable! if you have a cool f/i guy or whom ever your working with. the extended warranty's are tricky though and usualy don't cover new parts they find used parts rebuilds etc to put back in the car like tranny's etc(i blew a tranny in a E300 w/ after market w.) read the fine print!!! negotiate tell them your credit union has the same program for $3900!(credit unions sell warrantys also)
Old 05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

also, try a 2/24 instead, i was looking into it for about 2400. have never kept a car for real long either but i may consider this.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:49 PM

2003 amg e55
man.. this ext warranty thing is wide open.. i just did a little seaching on the internet and found several companys and quotes.. some dont even cover an amg at all... so far $3490 is the best from a company called mercury.. 3yrs/50k. and they are a++ rated.. and no deductable.. plus its refundable if i decide to trade or sell my car.. pro-rated.. sounds good to me..

Last edited by dwtboss; 05-17-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:36 PM

As a reference, my local MBZ Dealer offered me the extended warranty at cost ($3,910). They said list was $4,800 or so.

Told them I would think about it. Just be cautious with some of those warranty companies out there. I have heard of some refusing to pay warranty claims, going bankrupt and generally giving customer's grief before paying claims.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:38 PM

one of seven
my dealer gave me 1 year to decide on the MB extended warranty. I waited 'til the 11 hour and got the 3 additional years for $3700.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:44 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
You should look into the Daimler Chrysler warranties. $2800 a few years ago-I had one on my 2000 ML55, they replaced the tranny, lifters, rockers, cams, and a ton of other stuff while covered. I sold the truck to my sis-in-law, and she got another 30k warranty (up to 130K) for about $3000.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:08 PM

2001 E320 (210.065), Brilliant Silver; 2002 Ducati ST-2, Arrest-me Red
Post Whichever one you get

Be sure to read the fine print closely, especially since you mentioned going to the track. Even if it's not specifically excluded in the fine print, they're just like insurance companies and will try to find a reason not to cover the repair (blame it on abuse, not covered for speed competition, etc.).

Part of that is up to the repair facility, too; if you've got a great relationship built there and they have a relationship with that one company, then it might be worth the extra bucks to buy the one they're pushing, as that will help ensure that they will cover your car -- and your wallet. (I.e., if the relationship is solid, then when the dealer makes the claim for you under the warranty, the provider won't be second-guessing the dealer, so as long as you're in good with the dealer, he'll do his best to take care of you.

Hope you get to enjoy that ride for a long time,
Greg