RPM Racing (L.I.) no more?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
RPM Racing (L.I.) no more?

This may be of interest to E55 Baller. Drove over to RPM to see when they could get me in to install Kleemann headers and when I got there I noticed there was no sign above the door. First I thought they were just changing signs. So I walk in the shop and it is JAMMED with cars. I see Taso and ask if Eric or Russ is around. He tells me he can give me their cell numbers. I thought they were out to lunch or something. But I could tell something wasn't right. I asked if they are still RPM and he says no. Says they had a falling out and they split up. The place in huntington is just Taso and one other guy. I don't know how they are going to get all those cars done. He said they had different ideas on how a business should be run and the quality of work started to suffer.

That's his take and I'm sure there is another side to the story. Thought I'd mention it as I know some of you were familiar with them. They did my Renntech stuff and they were real close. Now I've got to find someone else to do the headers. Maybe i'll drive to Colorado!!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
check your PM
Old 09-19-2005, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
Although it's not a benz or import shop, mustang magic on LI does very good work...I would contact them for a quote on a header install. www.mustangmagic.com

here is a vid of the shop owners ex-stang...18psi kenne bell 281ci motor stroked to 302ci, stock cams/heads.

http://cars.mackweb.com/movies/snakebite2.mpg
Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by dgussin1
Although it's not a benz or import shop, mustang magic on LI does very good work...I would contact them for a quote on a header install. www.mustangmagic.com

here is a vid of the shop owners ex-stang...18psi kenne bell 281ci motor stroked to 302ci, stock cams/heads.

http://cars.mackweb.com/movies/snakebite2.mpg
Thanks for the tip. Actually went there once to see about getting a dyno done they were a little nervous about the whole "dyno mode" thing. They said I would have to get it into dyno mode as they had no idea. I ended up traveling to a shop where the ower has an E55. Was just a little more comfortable.

I guess any good shop should be able to install headers. Do you think they would no how/where to move the O2 sensor, which you have to do? Guess I can have them talk to Cory at Kleemann.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by cte430
Thanks for the tip. Actually went there once to see about getting a dyno done they were a little nervous about the whole "dyno mode" thing. They said I would have to get it into dyno mode as they had no idea. I ended up traveling to a shop where the ower has an E55. Was just a little more comfortable.

I guess any good shop should be able to install headers. Do you think they would no how/where to move the O2 sensor, which you have to do? Guess I can have them talk to Cory at Kleemann.
if u tell them what needs to be done, they can do it all.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
erik/russ moved rpm racing to hicksville. the old shop remains in huntington station but will be under a different name. if you go on rpm's website you will see that it says 'moved to new location' or something like that
Old 10-04-2005, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
erik/russ moved rpm racing to hicksville. the old shop remains in huntington station but will be under a different name. if you go on rpm's website you will see that it says 'moved to new location' or something like that
Yeah, I spoke to Erik a couple of weeks ago. They are getting their new place in shape.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by cte430
Yeah, I spoke to Erik a couple of weeks ago. They are getting their new place in shape.
werd hes one of the sponsors on another board im on