W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

My right side seems to sit low

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 AMG
My right side seems to sit low

I have noticed that when I park my car for a day or so the right side seems to get lower and lower until the back is almost covering all of the tire. Once I start the car it seems to go back up. I have no warning lights on but just curious if any one has seen this. I have the car in the sport 2 setting 90% of the time.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
this happened to me 3 times and I think much worse than the sounds of what is happening to you know. Both sides about 6 months into ownership literally went down about 4-6 inches -- I could not see any of the top of the rubber on the wheel. It would happen when the car sat for 2+ hours but typically overnight.

It looked ghetto pimped embarassing. Luckily I would just unlock the door and the car would pump it self up. I got it fixed under warranty. Happened again...fixed under warranty.

At 27K miles happened AGAIN. And I got it fixed by warranty. I only had the lowering mod for the last 3k miles. The last time it only effected the right rear tire.

Look at my icon to the upper left. This was the last time. It was down about 3-4 inches...looks silly
Old 12-16-2005, 01:03 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
That happened to me in my CL55 with ABC so I don't think it's an Airmatic only problem. A neighbor of mine has a E500 and sometimes his driver side looks slammed.

I can't remember but the dealer actually told me it was normal and had a weird explanation.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:38 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by e55 baller
this happened to me 3 times and I think much worse than the sounds of what is happening to you know. Both sides about 6 months into ownership literally went down about 4-6 inches -- I could not see any of the top of the rubber on the wheel. It would happen when the car sat for 2+ hours but typically overnight.

It looked ghetto pimped embarassing. Luckily I would just unlock the door and the car would pump it self up. I got it fixed under warranty. Happened again...fixed under warranty.

At 27K miles happened AGAIN. And I got it fixed by warranty. I only had the lowering mod for the last 3k miles. The last time it only effected the right rear tire.

Look at my icon to the upper left. This was the last time. It was down about 3-4 inches...looks silly
Mine is about 1 inch higher then your pic but yeah thats it. Its weird after about 3-4 days without moving the car the rest starts to settle the same but just weird. So you think I need to take it in to MB to have them work on it?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:44 PM

'04 E55
Sometimes I notice the same thing happens with my car.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
My E55 is in the garage and it does the same thing... next time you goto an MB dealership, take a look at the airmatic cars - S-classes etc... a LOT of them do this. Some of them do look ridiculous.

-m