New member just came back from the dyno something wrong with the #'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:44 PM
dar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
New member just came back from the dyno something wrong with the #'s

I picked up a 03 e55 about one month ago. The car has seemed to lose some power over the last two weeks so I wanted to see what she has on the dyno. Well seeing what other members on this board shows stock something is very wrong with the car. The car has a Renntech pulley and K&N air filters. The car pulled twice on a mustang dynojet max 357rwhp & 432rwtq. I know I've read these cars should be around 420rwhp. Talking to the person at the dyno shop he mentioned that the car was running way to rich. The pic showing the dyno graph is not good but hopefully you can see the a/f readings. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what I need to do and how I need to approcah the dealers with this problem. Any info would helps. Thnks
David
Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM
dar

03 E55
New member back from the dyno low #'s

Attached Thumbnails New member just came back from the dyno something wrong with the #'s-e55-003.jpg   New member just came back from the dyno something wrong with the #'s-e55-005.jpg  

Last edited by dar; 12-17-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Try reposting the dyno again and we'll take a look. Didn't see it.

Just off the top of my head, possible Kompressor problem (water pump failing)....

Course there are a lot of things that would cause her to lose power, sensors etc....

Time to figure out how cool the local dealer is......the question always is "Am I up front with them about mods, or do I play dumb" You could always say "I just bought the car.....I had no idea". I guess with recent purchase you really have a good shot at playing dumb with them.

If you have modded ECU, usually first thing they will do is check the ECU and then reflash the ECU with stock program so prepare for that. You can ask them not to flash, but then it starts to get freaky if you have jerk dealer.

Sorry you are having trouble.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Any idea what ECU mod you have...sounds like a speedtuningusa.com ecu. Famous for running ultra rich. Wonder if perhaps ECU was reflased back to stock before sale?

Post that dyno.

Let's take a look.

With it being fresh purchase I would get it to stealer soon and play as dumb as possible. "What? They modded my car??? Wha....I'm shocked!!! Can you still fix it???" Well maybe not that dumb, but I would still play it up.

Depends of how much of a jerk stealer is.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:13 PM
dar

03 E55
sorry double post heres the dyno graph
Attached Thumbnails New member just came back from the dyno something wrong with the #'s-e55-dyno-002.jpg  
Old 12-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I merged your threads.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Take it to the track; don't be concerned with the dyno results. I have never dynoed mine; I am happy with my 12.02. Drive it!!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
That dyno pull you did doesn't tell very much.. It looks like you were driving the car in S mode and let it shift for you.

The only real way to dyno these cars and get accurate numbers is to put it in Dyno mode, transmission in M mode and do a complete pull in 4th gear from 2,000RPM to redline.

If you are still down on power, I would check your intercooler fluid pump first. That's most likely the culprit.

Also, keep in mind the Mustang dyno will show 10% - 15% lower than a dynojet to begin with.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:14 PM
dar

03 E55
I didn't realize you had to put the car in dyno mode. The fist pull was in M mode in 3rd gear all the way. The second pull was also in M mode 4th gear all the way.I was at the track last week for the first time and the best I was able to run was a 13.5 with a 107mph. I know something is wrong with the car. Do you just tell the dealer check my intercooler fluid pump. I also noticed that my car started making this cherp noise between 1st and 2nd gear. Would any know which dealer here in SoCal would help the most.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:04 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by dar
I didn't realize you had to put the car in dyno mode. The fist pull was in M mode in 3rd gear all the way. The second pull was also in M mode 4th gear all the way.I was at the track last week for the first time and the best I was able to run was a 13.5 with a 107mph. I know something is wrong with the car. Do you just tell the dealer check my intercooler fluid pump. I also noticed that my car started making this cherp noise between 1st and 2nd gear. Would any know which dealer here in SoCal would help the most.
13.5 is more than a full second slower. Seems like with your Renn pulley you should be at 12.3 or less. My car ran a 13.5 when it was stock and no supercharger. Where do you run your car at? Is it a slow track and others where having poor times also? From you Dyno even though your car has less HP than most 55, you still have enough power to get a 13.0.
Good luck and keep us posted
Mario
Old 12-18-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
chirp noise is normal and means your supercharger clutch is engaging
Old 12-18-2005, 06:15 PM

E55 - Daily Driver
Listen up, most of the time things like this are very very simple. If you have indeed been running rich......check out your cats. There is a better than even chance they are clogged. You could even just do a little hand check at the tail pipe and see if any 'flakes' come out when you rev it up.

Another very cheap way to test is have any exhaust shop check it with a pressure gauge.tap a little hole in the pipe BEFORE the cats and see what it reads. It should be a very low reading, say 2 psi.

Hope that helps....been there done that
Old 12-19-2005, 09:23 PM

2004 E55
For starters keep things simple. Stay away from the dealer unless you have to.

Chances are your supercharger belt is slipping. This is the screeching noise you are hearing at high rpm. Its not the s/c clutch, because its already engaged.

Go to a local parts store and try a new belt. I have a hennesey pulley and its two inches longer than stock, so the p/n is X8X525 (the x's can vary, a napa belt is 080525 where the 8 means 8 rib and 525 is 52.5"). If that doesn't fit your pulley, play around until you find the right one. A lot of car parts stores won't have 8 rib belts in stock, but you can run a 6 while you're waiting. If you can't change a belt yourself, ask the parts guy to help, it takes less than 2 min to do and you can do it on a hot car.

You may also want to get a new belt tensioner. I have an '05 that's been pullied for about 10k mi and my belt is slipping even when new- so i'm in the same boat as you right now.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Dar: Looking at your dyno graph, there are couple of things that stand out.

1. Your dyno stops at 5300 rpm, which means you have either triggered limp mode or dyno operator stopped the run at that rpm.

2. Your curve is down good 70-80 ft.lbs., which could be due to being in limp mode. Another possibility is bad intercooler pump, which explains raggety dyno graphs.

If you can not get delaer to resolve it. Give us a call, we are in Huntington Beach, 714.901.3100.

Good Luck!