MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Eisenmann Race Exhaust Videos W211 E55 (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/142905-eisenmann-race-exhaust-videos-w211-e55.html)

E55 RUSS 04-02-2006 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Vic55
Throttle response on my car seems just about the same, maybe just a bit better. I had Simon from Evosport drive my car over a period of 1 week and he agreed, believing the car got faster.

Definately going to get one, remove one set of cats and resonators... :y

Rock 04-02-2006 10:41 AM

Vic, have you ever visited the track? I would love to see some 1/4 mile times.

mbprince 04-02-2006 02:59 PM

WOW - sounds perfect!!!!

:y :zoom: :y

HLG600 04-02-2006 03:26 PM

That exhaust sounds mean...as mean as Rambo gargling roof tacks. :y

C32 MIA 04-04-2006 11:34 PM

Here are some lower quality videos of my Eisenmann Race exhaust. Trust me the sound of this exhaust is crazy in a good way but may be too loud for some. Our production is less than average and thats why we are keeping our day jobs :p: :p:

Thanks to Evosport for all the work they did on my car. My exhaust entails of the following: Evo Headers, Post cat and resonator removal, and the Eisenmann Race exhaust. The car feels just as fast if not faster than it did prior to the Eisenmann install.

Again not the greatest in visuals or sound but you should get the idea.

Short run

Closer Drive by

Stand Still Exhaust Rev up to 4k RPM's

Leaving the lot

Drive by

Another one leaving the lot

the car is amazing, sound is sooooo nice. if it's ever too loud for you, i'll take it off your hands :rolleyes:

vrus 04-04-2006 11:44 PM

Sounds awesome Vic! Nice setup!! :y

AKxSpyO 04-05-2006 12:12 AM

OHHHH MY GOOODNESSS. That is not just one beast inside the car.. it sounds like there's at least 100 in there growling. that is just sexy.

Fast55 04-05-2006 12:14 AM

:bow: :bow: :bow: Mods are on the way. :)

KamPow3r 04-05-2006 12:24 AM

These videos do not do its justice. Let me just say, driving next to that thing on the freeway and streets was crazy experience. It is ridiculous how loud that thing is; that was a great convoy to BJ's after the Rose Bowl meet! Once again these videos do not do its justice on how it sounds in person. Great car Vic.

-Kam

Vic55 04-05-2006 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by KamPow3r
These videos do not do its justice. Let me just say, driving next to that thing on the freeway and streets was crazy experience. It is ridiculous how loud that thing is; that was a great convoy to BJ's after the Rose Bowl meet! Once again these videos do not do its justice on how it sounds in person. Great car Vic.

-Kam

Thanks Kam, I think we need another meet real soon!!

Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
OHHHH MY GOOODNESSS. That is not just one beast inside the car.. it sounds like there's at least 100 in there growling. that is just sexy.

Thanks again, as Kam said... hear it in person but honestly it may be too loud for some but not for me. :)

Originally Posted by vrus
Sounds awesome Vic! Nice setup!! :y

Thanks Victor- how goes the quest for 700hp?

E55 RUSS 04-05-2006 11:01 AM

Got RACE one...2k US installed in Germany:X

Carlsson module is on also...at lowest position...Send them pics of Dragon AMG and said I want like this:eek: cant waith for pics...the dealer said its perfrect !!!

I am sorry to interrapt in these topic...BUT I cant sleep anymore...Waiting for this car...

G:wall: Damn Custom duites...I will have some much fun these summer:rolf:

baldmike73 04-05-2006 02:50 PM

Wasn't there a member a few months back who did an exhaust cut out system? And anyone have the link to compare sounds.

That setup sounded great!!!!!!! The car looks incredible!!!!!

ThisFlyGuy 06-23-2006 02:39 AM

damn, that car sounds like a monster!:eek:

Redbud 07-19-2006 11:23 PM

Holy hell :X That sounds awesome. Way to let the beast out!

ryhi 07-20-2006 05:00 AM

do you live near beverly hills? i coulda sworn i seen ur car the other day parked on pico and la cienega

2MANYCARS 07-20-2006 09:04 AM

Crazy a** sound, love it.

BENZGal 07-20-2006 09:23 AM

Why did this thread have to come alive when they still have my car?
Scare people or more HP? Scare people or more HP?

I can't wait to hear my custom sound. It will be nothing next to yours. I will live my life thru you. <3

Vic55 07-20-2006 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ryhi
do you live near beverly hills? i coulda sworn i seen ur car the other day parked on pico and la cienega

No I live down in the OC, must have a been a copycat :)

Originally Posted by BENZGal
Why did this thread have to come alive when they still have my car?
Scare people or more HP? Scare people or more HP?

I can't wait to hear my custom sound. It will be nothing next to yours. I will live my life thru you. <3

Angela you need to get it out of your head that the differences that will affect performance. The difference is negligible at best- there seems to be a great desire to have the most powerful car on paper (via dyno) but as many of the well educated have stated, its what the car does with the horsepower on the street that counts.

E55 RUSS 07-20-2006 12:08 PM

Vic...yopu still didint do that DYNO that were planing to do ???

Vic55 07-20-2006 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Vic...yopu still didint do that DYNO that were planing to do ???

No dyno, we tried to do the throttle body first and the shop that does the boring out of the TB broke the Bosch electronic part that controls the butterfly. The shop bought me a new TB but the new ones cant be modified so I just picked up my car and didnt worry about the dyno. The last dyno with the exhaust was 478hp I think. It probably would be in the 490's without the Eisenmann though.

chiromikey 07-20-2006 03:31 PM

The last dyno with the exhaust was 478hp I think. It probably would be in the 490's without the Eisenmann though.

is this a typo...or are you saying you think you lost hp with the new exhaust???

Vic55 07-20-2006 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
is this a typo...or are you saying you think you lost hp with the new exhaust???

Sad but true, its not anything that you can really feel but the Eisenmann is too free flowing and the car lost back pressure. With the F/I engine a certain degree of back pressure is necessary. I think I may had some Magnaflow resonators installed to restore some back pressure but the loss is small so I may just leave it be.

jangy 07-20-2006 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey

It is no typo. an exhaust needs to be tuned to give the max output. It is very similar to blowing air through a straw. Skinny ones restrict the flow, causing you to push harder to get good flow. Fat ones get so big that the air you blow just sits there. Since the job of the exhaust is to get the heat out, it sitting there is NOT a good thing. This is exactly the same argument I use to say that removing the resonator and replacing it with straight pipes helps.

newton22 07-20-2006 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jangy
It is no typo. an exhaust needs to be tuned to give the max output. It is very similar to blowing air through a straw. Skinny ones restrict the flow, causing you to push harder to get good flow. Fat ones get so big that the air you blow just sits there. Since the job of the exhaust is to get the heat out, it sitting there is NOT a good thing. This is exactly the same argument I use to say that removing the resonator and replacing it with straight pipes helps.

Actually, I believe you lose power due to very free flowing systems is because of a reduction in back pressure.

Taking your example, yes a narrow straw is too restrictive. However, you will notice that if you blow through a fat and large straw, you will lose your breath almost immediately. There isn't any pressure at all.

But I'm not 100% sure.

blackbenzz 07-20-2006 03:57 PM

I dont know about you guys but I think it sounds SICK! I bought my eisenmann race just for the sound, I didnt expect any kind of gain. But then again I'm N/A :(