W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Custom Paddle Shifters ***

Old 04-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Charger Hellcat
Hey Victor do you have any before and after dyno numbers to post J/K they look like a high quality piece as to be expected from you
Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
I vote for +/- as that matches the little buttons already on the steering wheel
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I may be interested in 2 pairs of the alum finished and etched ones for my E and SLK.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:14 PM

2005 SLK 55,2006 E55
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I may be interested in 2 pairs of the alum finished and etched ones for my E and SLK.
The same here .
Dan
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK 55 AMG, 2006 E 55 AMG, 2007 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by dan66
The same here .
Dan
Sorry my old user name.
Dan
Old 04-14-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by AMGDAN
Sorry my old user name.
Dan
You have an 05 SLK55 and 06 E55 to. There's another on here with the same setup. Must be a popular combo.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 AM

99, 06 E55, 01 996tt, 06 ram mega cab, 99 gmc denalli, 01 cherokee, 90 sl500
I want a paddle shifter Kit.

How can I get one kit, for my 2006 e55 will it fit, email me
Old 04-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
victor, are you going to sell these in Toronto also ?? Looks great in the pics but would like to see them in real life. Is that pic of the E63 original paddles or your design? Still wondering about when/if the throttle body kit is coming ? Now that spring is here would love to see all these goodies on your car in person!!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I am going to use this thread as the basis for the "interested party" list. Once the paddles have completed production the updates will all be posted here and I'll give you guys links to where you can execute the purchase.

We are waiting for the engineering team to get back to us on whether or not the etching is feasible.. If not, the alternative is surface paint and then having the paddles cleared to protect them.. I'll post a new pic for you guys to see..

Also, the aluminum finish we are not certain about.. I am going ahead with the piano black right now.. The aluminum finish is a bit more complicated to do and will be more costly.

I'll have an answer from the engineering team in the next day or two.

I have to finalize the details by Wedn in order to keep my spot in line for manufacturing time... Everyone has until Tuesday night to put their $0.02 in before I give the go-ahead.

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the input.. I like the piano black look because the gloss matches the gloss that the wood trim has. Also, people who have the MP design wheel or other aftermarket wheel with wood will also have a nice match to the finish on the paddles.. This is the main reason that I am not too crazy about the aluminum..

For my car I am putting the piano black.. I'll show some installed pics in my E55 so everyone can get a feel for what they look like with the wood surrounding them.

Originally Posted by DMC'S AMG
Hey Vic,

Very nice, I was just talking to one of the tool and process engineers @ work about this and he asked me to bring him a sample of the shifters and my stock buttons so he can just make a pop-out, pop-in replacement for the buttons and it looks like just what you have done I agree that the etching should be done like the original from factory, also just MHO don’t do a glossy black a flat or anodize black would look better and for the aluminum, polish the paddle itself and the recessed part of the etch leave it natural to create a 3D look. Again very nice!
Funny... I guess I should have gotten a baseline dyno first huh?? Hey.. who knows.. Maybe these will be worth 1/10th at the 1/4mile track..

How are you liking the TB kit?? Did our friend get it installed for you?

Originally Posted by 305-E55
Hey Victor do you have any before and after dyno numbers to post J/K they look like a high quality piece as to be expected from you
The very first post shows all the cars it will fit.. It will fit your car no problem.

Originally Posted by defbg
How can I get one kit, for my 2006 e55 will it fit, email me
John: Absolutely.. They are available to anyone that wants them. The second set are complete and are being shipped out to me on Monday (tomorrow).. They are coming by air so I will have them by Wedn or Thursday. I'll install them in my car and take pics for everyone.. You are welcome to come and see and try them in person.

All the pics I posted are the custom paddles that I had made.. The MB Aluminum paddles I have here I will put beside my custom ones and take pics so that everyone can compare the 2 of them.

Sorry.. which TB kit do you mean? The 80mm one? I can get them anytime..

Originally Posted by jparch
victor, are you going to sell these in Toronto also ?? Looks great in the pics but would like to see them in real life. Is that pic of the E63 original paddles or your design? Still wondering about when/if the throttle body kit is coming ? Now that spring is here would love to see all these goodies on your car in person!!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Here is another pic showing what the paddles look like with the "UP" "DOWN" scripts on them. These just have a surface sticker applied so we can see what different combinations look like.

We are going to peel these off and put +- on them next and see if that looks better... Based on the pic, personally, I think my set will either be blank, or have the +-

What do you guys think??

Old 04-15-2007, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i think i'd vote for a larger +/-...and simple led illumination inside the +/-would be nice.

Last edited by chiromikey; 04-15-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I like the script, but will hold judgement untill I see the +/-.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 PM

2017 Charger Hellcat
Victor; Yes we got the TB kit insalled, very nice kit Thanks for a great product. I will be dynoing soon and will keep you updated, thanks-Miguel-

Funny... I guess I should have gotten a baseline dyno first huh?? Hey.. who knows.. Maybe these will be worth 1/10th at the 1/4mile track..

How are you liking the TB kit?? Did our friend get it installed for you?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 AM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by vrus
Here is another pic showing what the paddles look like with the "UP" "DOWN" scripts on them. These just have a surface sticker applied so we can see what different combinations look like.

We are going to peel these off and put +- on them next and see if that looks better... Based on the pic, personally, I think my set will either be blank, or have the +-

What do you guys think??

Victor:

I was thinking that the -/+ would look better than down/up, but then I realized that the steering wheel already has -/+.

I went back to your first posting and I think that it looks best with no markings.

It seems that if you put -/+ (or down/up) it will look too busy/cluttered with the -/+ already embedded in the steering wheel. I think that it is a much cleaner look with no markings.

However, if you do go with a marking, I would suggest that you use -/+ because it would be hormoneous with the markings already embedded on the steering wheel.

Just a thought,

Mark.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i think i'd vote for a larger +/-...and simple led illumination inside the +/-would be nice.
+2 on that.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Nice idea with the LED illumination, but the mold wont support it.. It wasnt designed to have electronics running through it.. Sorry bud.. this feature I can't do.

Hey Mark.. I agree with you.. On my own car, I am going to stick with no markings.. We are waiting for the LARGE +- stickers to be complete so we can mock those up onto the paddles and see what it looks like.. I'll post the pic as soon as I get it.

Originally Posted by lbE55
Victor:

I was thinking that the -/+ would look better than down/up, but then I realized that the steering wheel already has -/+.

I went back to your first posting and I think that it looks best with no markings.

It seems that if you put -/+ (or down/up) it will look too busy/cluttered with the -/+ already embedded in the steering wheel. I think that it is a much cleaner look with no markings.

However, if you do go with a marking, I would suggest that you use -/+ because it would be hormoneous with the markings already embedded on the steering wheel.

Just a thought,

Mark.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Nice idea with the LED illumination, but the mold wont support it.. It wasnt designed to have electronics running through it.. Sorry bud.. this feature I can't do.
i know it's way too much effort to do that and was only kidding...but it would have some cool factor.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra

Hey Mark.. I agree with you.. On my own car, I am going to stick with no markings.. We are waiting for the LARGE +- stickers to be complete so we can mock those up onto the paddles and see what it looks like.. I'll post the pic as soon as I get it.
Victor,
I would agree with you that the piano black looks best without any markings. I am sure that the black is what I will want.

Thanks,
Lou
Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
On my own car, I am going to stick with no markings.
Sign me up for the same.

Thanks again Victor,

Mark.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I can see my wife getting into the car, and trying to use the "up" and "down" paddles to move the steering column up or down. Then coming inside and complaining saying the car is broken
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by psk145
I can see my wife getting into the car, and trying to use the "up" and "down" paddles to move the steering column up or down. Then coming inside and complaining saying the car is broken
I think your wife has to be related to mine.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I take all suggestions seriously! I've added it to the list for possible Version 2 of product..

i know it's way too much effort to do that and was only kidding...but it would have some cool factor.
LOL.. That's funny!!! That decides it then... No words on the paddles for fear of confusing all the spouses...

Originally Posted by psk145
Old 04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
I agree with no markings..BTW Victor, how hard, and expensive was it to convert your cluster to the E63 model? Been wanting to do that for some time now..

Thanks
-Walter
Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
sign me up.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by OzE55
Aluminium with +/- please - if easy fit.
Me too!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** Custom Paddle Shifters ***