W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

••• Project Stock to Awe •••

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
WOW Finny!! Sounds like a Movie...You should write a book. The suspense was killing us all!!
Sorry to hear about your business and your 55, but glad to know your still around and well. At least you'll get your 55 back!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Holy sheet Finny. Was that YOUR 55 we were all talking about on the news up here.

Think it was me who posted it when it came over the news.

WOW!!!
No, it didn't make the media... Allegedly just two small time punks were responsible...

Have bounced back though, just a kick in the crown jewels.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Finny
No, it didn't make the media... Allegedly just two small time punks were responsible...

Have bounced back though, just a kick in the crown jewels.
sorry to hear this, look fwd to your rwhp-rwto results & new ideas
Old 04-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Finny is an Aussie.. You know Aussies are tough buggers... (good to see you back here mate)...
Old 04-09-2008, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Bad luck Finny, Some underbelly try-hards hey. Hope the cops dont stuff you around for too long.

Last edited by otoupalik; 04-09-2008 at 03:14 AM. Reason: LANGUAGE
Old 06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Ha Ha yeah guys, sorry it's been so long... Didn't want to mention all my personal crap but when I returned from Vegas "without going into much detail" my business was burgled where tools computers and data etc... was stolen including the 55 which was used in another crime where it's being held as evidence. All I know it's in one piece and it should be returned within four weeks....Back soon with big fat coolers!

Hey Finny - any updates on the "theft-recovery" ?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Back soon with big fat coolers!
Any updates Finny?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Weird, I am seeing that Finny visited today but hasn't posted since April.

Busy man.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I saw him post yesterday on another thread in this section. I was suprised to see him post all the sudden.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-29-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I hope everything with his business and his car is ok.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:00 PM

03 E55 AMG
Thumbs up

Yeah, I'm still around... Don't want to be a fun buster but more crap happened, new business got cooked a few days before opening with no insurance as I was shopping around for the best deal at the time...Bad timing. Faulty fiber optic light fitting got the ball rolling which caused more smoke damage than what the fire did.

Aussie Pinny forum link with the photos of the before and after shots: http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showt...t=15288&page=5

Fn $h!t happens... comes in threes? Burgled, Robbed then Cooked.

Anyway the car has been finally returned so I can now begin to finish it off... That was only a year ago now I think???

OK, where was I... SLR Coolers, Rear camber adjustment, TCU, Bypass... a few items to knock on the head. I haven't examined the toy since it was dumped off a flat tray at the temp workshop. The airmatic bags were completely down so when its charged up I'll pump it up with the STAR box and run a full diagnostic.

Back shortly...

Last edited by Finny; 09-29-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
wow i am a new member to this forum.
that is some nice work you are doing on the car.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:58 PM

W126 '89 560SEC, '86 560SEL, Porsche 928S, Porsche 928, Audi A8L
Yeah, I'm still around... Don't want to be a fun buster but more crap happened, new business got cooked a few days before opening with no insurance as I was shopping around for the best deal at the time...Bad timing. Faulty fiber optic light fitting got the ball rolling which caused more smoke damage than what the fire did.

Aussie Pinny forum link with the photos of the before and after shots: http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showt...t=15288&page=5

Back shortly...
hey Finny, that's very bad news. I hope they get what's coming, twice!
Mike Adelaide
Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finny

Yeah, I'm still around...
SLR Coolers, Rear camber adjustment, TCU, Bypass... a few items to knock on the head.
Back shortly...
Sorry to hear you had another setback after all you been through, but hopefully its all over and done with.
Looking forward to your updates!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:40 AM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
This all looks to familiar to me. I was forced to rebuild my 55 motor when I cracked a piston and grenaded my motor about 2 years ago. M-B did not cover it under warranty because of some simple Renntech bolt on stuff so I was left to do it out of pocket. While researching I discovered it would be far less expensive to have it rebuilt the right way rather than going through my local M-B dealership and put back to a near stock state of tune. I was also faced with either replacing the block or boring the cylinders on my stock block due to significant cylinder wall damage when the piston went. All the work was done by a local shop that builds Porsche engines (mostly) and they are very good at one off fabrication. I have custom fabbed headers, radiator and cooler. Although I would have preferred to have never had to build the car to this extreme level I am very happy with the outcome. The car makes an honest 570 hp at the wheels and that is actually slightly detuned becuase there were some questions as to what the transmission and the rest of the drivetrain could handle.

I can't wait to see how your finished project emerges and I can't wait to see some dyno figures.

Good Luck
Old 10-01-2008, 07:53 AM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
hey Finnie - Welcome back mate

Really hoping that you will get your life back in order and continue with your project as it always held my/our total attention. In a good way! You were always here for the good of the community, and it showed, and you always had our respect.

Right now there are a few threads on this forum that, despite the view stats, are really meaningless self-promotion puff-pieces, filled with blind hope and hot-air, voyeuristic claims, and pure BS, that to see you return here, is giving me hope that we can return this forum to one where I am proud to lurk and even prouder to post.

Finnie you have my full attention - welcome back

Best of Luck
Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by siswati

Really hoping that you will get your life back in order and continue with your project as it always held my/our total attention. In a good way! You were always here for the good of the community, and it showed, and you always had our respect.

Right now there are a few threads on this forum that, despite the view stats, are really meaningless self-promotion puff-pieces, filled with blind hope and hot-air, voyeuristic claims, and pure BS, that to see you return here, is giving me hope that we can return this forum to one where I am proud to lurk and even prouder to post.

Finnie you have my full attention - welcome back

Best of Luck
+1 and welcome back with best of luck
Old 10-03-2008, 03:56 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
I can't wait to see how your finished project emerges and I can't wait to see some dyno figures.
Yeah, same here! this round shouldn't take long now so keep an eye out...

After it was started I could hear a ticking sound from the engine so thats coming out tonight pending inspection. Hopefully all is well. Just want to be sure since hoons last drove it.

Thanks for the kind welcome and accolade mate!... I'm more than happy to contribute in some way.

Ha Ha thats hilarious... Hey, at least all the diversity provides a good laugh... Keep you chin up mate, I have plenty more mods on the agenda to post up with lots of photos. Hope every one will enjoy...

Q: Does anyone know what year the white marker LEDs were added to the head lights? Just curious have an idea...
Old 10-03-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
This all looks to familiar to me. I was forced to rebuild my 55 motor when I cracked a piston and grenaded my motor about 2 years ago. M-B did not cover it under warranty because of some simple Renntech bolt on stuff so I was left to do it out of pocket. While researching I discovered it would be far less expensive to have it rebuilt the right way rather than going through my local M-B dealership and put back to a near stock state of tune. I was also faced with either replacing the block or boring the cylinders on my stock block due to significant cylinder wall damage when the piston went. All the work was done by a local shop that builds Porsche engines (mostly) and they are very good at one off fabrication. I have custom fabbed headers, radiator and cooler. Although I would have preferred to have never had to build the car to this extreme level I am very happy with the outcome. The car makes an honest 570 hp at the wheels and that is actually slightly detuned becuase there were some questions as to what the transmission and the rest of the drivetrain could handle.

Good Luck
Brother...I have walked in your shoes. This happened to me this past year and I had the same dilemma...choose to get a new short block (used at that) for around 15K-17K (without any labor charges attached yet) or rebuild it. Thanks to a couple of board members (thanks PTE), I had it rebuilt at a fraction of the cost and at a level of quality that I could be assured would satisfy me.

Finny...glad to see you are back and can't wait to see more of the Awe Project!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Finny,

It's good to see you're back on the board and still have a positive outlook on things. Welcome back!

-Aaron
Old 10-04-2008, 08:58 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Finny so sorry to hear about all these problems that you have had lately... I can relate... Just keep your chin up mate! Keep up the great work as with your knowledge and drive you are sure to succeed both in life and business!!! Your car will be killer - something that I will be dreaming at nite of... Wishing you all the sincerest best regards, Joseph
Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM

03 E55 AMG
Thumbs up New Eyes Mod

Found some cheep late model head lights on eBay the other day with the intent of updating the look of my 03 but unfortunately the connectors and electronics were incompatible with my 03 setup.

All is not lost though as the plastic lamp covers and LEDs were brand new so I swapped them out and transplanted the factory LEDs to the old units.

My existing clear covers had seen better days and now look brand new for a portion of the cost of new units. The parking or pilot lamps now match the same color temperature of the main projection lamps via the factory LEDs and optics.

Those with the earlier model style lamps could possibly order the LED modules as spare parts and fit these yourself. I'm not sure though if these items are available as a separate part from the light assembly. May need to investigate.

Anyway check out the photos...

-55lamps2.jpg

Culled late model unit leftovers from eBay. Notice the yellow and pitted 03 lens covers which look crap. The covers are secured by a very tacky type resin surrounded around the lamp circumference and can be easily be separated by using a heat gun and some leverage.

-55lamps1.jpg

Cut out the existing mounting hole and screwed in the new led modules which fits like a finger up a Cats bum hole. The wires were then soldered to the old lamp socket and a bit of heat shrink added around the neck. The polarity needs to be checked with a multimeter as you don't want to cook the LED module. I then added some silicone to seal it off. Plug in and your away!

-55lamps4.jpg

OEM phallic LED optical device with chrome tip.

-55lamps3.jpg

The money shot! Switched on with new lenses... "Lovely"
Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM

2003 E55 Blk/Blk
thats sick!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...and the mods start! Thanks Finny! Looks Great!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
FINNY!!!!!!!!! Good to see you back!!

I can't believe everything you have been through this past year. I am glad things are starting to get back to normal for you and you can start having fun with the car again.

I'll shoot you an email and we can catch up!

Anyway the car has been finally returned so I can now begin to finish it off... That was only a year ago now I think???

OK, where was I... SLR Coolers, Rear camber adjustment, TCU, Bypass... a few items to knock on the head. I haven't examined the toy since it was dumped off a flat tray at the temp workshop. The airmatic bags were completely down so when its charged up I'll pump it up with the STAR box and run a full diagnostic.

Back shortly...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ••• Project Stock to Awe •••