MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   New E63 in my garage (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/192882-new-e63-my-garage.html)

mprsev 05-05-2007 05:54 PM

New E63 in my garage

OMG this car is sweeeeeetttttt. Just picked up my 2007 E63 fully loaded with pretty much everything except distronic. I loved my CLK55 when I first drove it off the lot in 2003 but this car is crazy.:crazy:

Like several others on this board I fell in love with the white/black pano contrast, it is just simple smooth.

From the dealer to my garage I have installed my Mario badge (hood jewelry), removed charcoal filters (should I leave these in until breakin period is over????) and programmed the "AMG" start on the Comand.

My SprintBooster that I purchased via the GB just arrived today to top it off. I think I will wait until the breakin period before installing, what do you all think? Should I install it now???? :nix:

I also have scheduled Sunman to install illuminated AMG doorsills (which my dealer says no longer exists as OEM part), folding E63 mirrors, convex mirrors, program passenger mirror to tilt on reverse, Renntech ELM, hardwire V1 and install Blinder M20 laser difusers.

Then to top it off I have to schedule my Reus install that I also bought into during the GB.

This board has been extremely helpful in making decisions on the do's and don't mods, at times educating me on mods that I never knew existed (wife not too happy on the costly learning I have been doing here). Thanks all!

deaded 05-05-2007 06:31 PM

Nice! Beautiful car! You've got to be thrilled!

More photos please!

MB_Forever 05-05-2007 06:52 PM

Nice Wjite E63

Nice Car... :y Congratulations !!!!!

I would wait until break-in period is over before any mods, then drive it as hard as you can... :D

SUNILP 05-05-2007 07:17 PM

looking forward to meeting you. Congrats on the car. :)

juicee63 05-05-2007 07:20 PM

Great choice on the WHITE with /pano black....CONGRATS , Welcome to the ADDICTION.

sack5000 05-05-2007 07:24 PM

Awesome let's see some pics, interior color?

jangy 05-05-2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by mprsev (Post 2185548)
OMG this car is sweeeeeetttttt. Just picked up my 2007 E63 fully loaded with pretty much everything except distronic. I loved my CLK55 when I first drove it off the lot in 2003 but this car is crazy.:crazy:

Like several others on this board I fell in love with the white/black pano contrast, it is just simple smooth.

From the dealer to my garage I have installed my Mario badge (hood jewelry), removed charcoal filters (should I leave these in until breakin period is over????) and programmed the "AMG" start on the Comand.

My SprintBooster that I purchased via the GB just arrived today to top it off. I think I will wait until the breakin period before installing, what do you all think? Should I install it now???? :nix:

I also have scheduled Sunman to install illuminated AMG doorsills (which my dealer says no longer exists as OEM part), folding E63 mirrors, convex mirrors, program passenger mirror to tilt on reverse, Renntech ELM, hardwire V1 and install Blinder M20 laser difusers.

Then to top it off I have to schedule my Reus install that I also bought into during the GB.

This board has been extremely helpful in making decisions on the do's and don't mods, at times educating me on mods that I never knew existed (wife not too happy on the costly learning I have been doing here). Thanks all!

I would install the booster anytime you want. BUT, please do break it in right. Glad you finally got the baby in and like it!!

way2evil 05-05-2007 08:48 PM

does the amg start make the comand system say AMG instead of the benz logo?

sack5000 05-05-2007 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by way2evil (Post 2185764)
does the amg start make the comand system say AMG instead of the benz logo?

Not, several steps to accomplish that see this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=amg+logo

Be careful because you can foul up some engineering doing this.

BlkE63AMG 05-06-2007 01:44 AM

Please let us know about the SprintBooster on the E63. Somehow I have missed the entire SprintBooster thread and group buy that was going on. DAMN WORK!!!!! Hey, where do you guys get the E63 folding mirrors? I'd love a pair of those too. Please let me know. Also send me a message about the SprintBooster vendor, install, etc. Thanks...

PS Awesome color.

mprsev 05-07-2007 12:59 AM

Thanks everyone, I am very happy to now be officially apart of the AMG W211 group. I will post more pics once I get some of the new additions within the next two weeks. The interior color is all black with 10% tint all around soon, to add to the White/Black combination.

By the way what is the recommended break-in mileage??? Does anyone here feel that I should reinstall the charcoal filters during this period??? I felt that it would be best to "train" the car with the better airflow, still not sure what is best???:confused:

As for the Sprint Booster BlkE63AMG, the GB was arranged by Sandoval (thanks Sandoval :bow:) and I believe he has posted the link to the vendor that provided quick turnaround. I went with the "AMG" version that I am told is a little less punchy off the line to accomodate the low end of the SC'ed AMGs. Despite not having a SC in the 63, vendor still recommended that AMG version, assuring me that I would not be dissappointed. I think I will wait a little before installing, so that I can truly appreciate the difference.

As for the "AMG" Comand startup, my process was a little different. I first set the Comand to the Radio function. I then held down number "5" for a couple of seconds for the preset beep, and then while still holding "5" I pressed "3" and "7" holding all three for several seconds until another screen displaying a simple list of car models with selectable dots next to each. The selected option was on W211 USA. I scrolled down to W211 AMG, selected the dot and then selected the "Back" button on the lower right corner of the screen. I did not see any other options or selections (ie. Euro ECE, etc.) that others have mentioned. The first time I did this it did not work, so I did it again from the "Service" screen, turned off car completely and waited several minutes before restarting and voila, "AMG" on Comand startup for about half a second, its all about the little things. Based on the options I was prompted with I don't think I changed anything substantive???:nix:

I'm looking forward to meeting you too Sunman as you will be like the Spring Santa Clause arriving with presents and goodies for my new toy.:D

Thanks again everyone, I just hope to contribute to this forum as much as I have gained from it, and yes this has really become an addiction. :zoom:

pablo4.2 05-10-2007 06:24 AM

Congrats my friend. I am jealous. Mine won't be in until the end of May but it will have the 030 Performance pkg. so i have some consolation. Pls give me some more info or LMK where to go on the following: Sprint Booster (with all the AMG calibrating) is it effective or just something that increases toe in? The passenger mirror won't pivot when put in rverse? That sucks. What mirrors fold? What's the deal with the charcoal filters? I thought theyd be for ventilation. They can help the induction? Do you know anyone that could kind of hide the V1 (the best) and install the difusers in the NY NJ area? If not maybe your guy may know if you wouldn't mind PMing me or otherwise. Lucky you but soon I'll be there too!

Thx for any info and help.

Pablo

mprsev 05-11-2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by pablo4.2 (Post 2195048)
Congrats my friend. I am jealous. Mine won't be in until the end of May but it will have the 030 Performance pkg. so i have some consolation. Pls give me some more info or LMK where to go on the following: Sprint Booster (with all the AMG calibrating) is it effective or just something that increases toe in? The passenger mirror won't pivot when put in rverse? That sucks. What mirrors fold? What's the deal with the charcoal filters? I thought theyd be for ventilation. They can help the induction? Do you know anyone that could kind of hide the V1 (the best) and install the difusers in the NY NJ area? If not maybe your guy may know if you wouldn't mind PMing me or otherwise. Lucky you but soon I'll be there too!

Thx for any info and help.

Pablo

I too was very interested in the O30 package, but I was too impatient to wait. I am sure you will be very happy as I am ecstatic with the E63 even without the benefits you will receive with the O30.

I ordered the Sprint Booster via the GB that Sandoval pulled together for MBWorld members. I have not installed mine yet, but it does not provide any additional HP gains, simply agressive throttle response.

I am having Sunman install european side mirrors, amongst other mods, that are capable of folding in like those on the S-class and GL SUVs, either automatically with the locking of the car or via the door switch.

The charcoal filter removal simply increases air flow through the intake, thus increasing HP.

There are numeours threads on this forum about V1 installations and mirror etching options, which should prove very helpful as it convinced me to order mine. There are also discussions on laser difusers as well.

The end of May will be here in no time.

kaze81 05-11-2007 05:49 PM

Any pics?? or no time to take cos still enjoying the new ride?? :D

ProjectC55 05-12-2007 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by mprsev (Post 2199104)
I too was very interested in the O30 package, but I was too impatient to wait. I am sure you will be very happy as I am ecstatic with the E63 even without the benefits you will receive with the O30.

I ordered the Sprint Booster via the GB that Sandoval pulled together for MBWorld members. I have not installed mine yet, but it does not provide any additional HP gains, simply agressive throttle response.

I am having Sunman install european side mirrors, amongst other mods, that are capable of folding in like those on the S-class and GL SUVs, either automatically with the locking of the car or via the door switch.

The charcoal filter removal simply increases air flow through the intake, thus increasing HP.

There are numeours threads on this forum about V1 installations and mirror etching options, which should prove very helpful as it convinced me to order mine. There are also discussions on laser difusers as well.

The end of May will be here in no time.

Beautiful. My cousin's car is your exact twin. Just beautiful.:y

Dogshine 05-12-2007 01:21 PM

gotta love a new amg in the garage!

mprsev 05-28-2007 10:33 PM

Updates from Sunil @ Motorwerks

4 Attachment(s)
Thought I would post some pics of the new goodies Sunil hooked me up with. The Renntech ELM is awesome as I love the way the E63 looks lowered a tad (setting 2 = 1.5" front and setting 5 = 1" rear). The illuminated AMG sills truly add to the beauty of the car.

As for anti-ticket gear the blinder heads in the front are pure stealth and the V1 is hardwired clean. :zoom:

Unfortunately the power folding mirrors with convex glass did not arrive in time but should be done shortly. I also anxiously await my Reus system.

Did I mention how Swweeeet these cars are!:bow:

2K6E55 05-28-2007 11:01 PM

Congrats

Can Drive 55 06-23-2007 11:28 AM

Nice car. Talk about my twin. I likey.

mprsev 06-23-2007 11:35 AM

Thanks!

SaMaS 06-23-2007 12:07 PM

Very nice car !!! congrats !!!

mprsev 06-30-2007 07:47 PM

Mods Update-Am I really done?

Sunil hooked me up with the power folding mirrors with convex glass. Everytime I take peeps for a ride they always trip on the fact that the mirrors move when I open my door or lock my car. This mod is a must.

The convex mirrors did take me a little while to get accustomed, but another must have for the quick lane changes.

Now the Reus System . . . what can I say but thank you Jangy for setting up the GB and thank you to Rick and Cliff at Reus for putting together such a professional sound system. :bow: Aside from the award winning sound clarity and bass the setup itself is simple, clean, stealth and light in weight, all aspects that I was looking for in a sound system for my new toy. Extremely professional down to the use of molex connectors throughout the system install.

I just spent several hours adding and reorganizing the music on my iPod so that I can quickly access a variety of songs as everything sounds good on this system. Listening to the test disc with Cliff in my car I swear he brought Whitney in my car and she was sitting on my dash singing to me. :D

So what mods next? New rims and tires or retro fit dynamic seats on my 63? Roof wing, white or black? Carbon fiber front lip? Carbon fiber rear diffuser? Suggestions?:nix:

But for now I am simply enjoying my new beast.:zoom:

RidinBimmerz 07-01-2007 01:13 PM

w/b with pano :bow:

tastoto 12-08-2010 08:29 AM

goold luck with your e63 were do u hook up the sprintbooster on the e63 amg

:crazy:

emoving 12-08-2010 08:51 AM

WOW, did you have to bring a thread back from 2007 to ask that question!:crazy::slap::smash: